Key points to note about hip replacement surgery
- Hip replacement removes damaged, diseased or worn out parts of a hip joint and replaces them with a new joint or implant.
- The goal of hip replacement procedure is to relieve pain, increase mobility of the hip joint, and improve your quality of life.
- Hip replacement surgery may be needed to treat diseases including osteoarthritis, osteonecrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, fractures or due to broken bones from trauma or a disease.
- How long it takes for you to recover after the hip surgery depends on several factors, including your age or overall health. After returning home, it is very important to take proper care and preventive steps to avoid injuries.
Find relief from constant hip pain with minimally invasive hip replacement surgery in Delhi
Sometimes, it becomes necessary for people to consider hip replacement surgery when everyday tasks become difficult. Over time, the hip joint can get damaged or worn out by arthritis, fractures or other joint degenerative conditions. Older injuries can also affect the quality of life, and may make simple tasks like walking, standing up and getting out of bed painful. Such complications can make everyday life extremely distressing. A hip replacement surgery should be considered when-
- The hip joint has limited motion and movement and there is stiffness in the joint.
- Pain while performing simple things like walking, bending and other everyday activities.
- Pain continues even when no exertion or pressure is applied or when the hip joint is being rested.
Total hip replacement surgery is only considered when you have tried and failed several other nonsurgical treatments, yet you continue to experience significant pain, stiffness, or other problems with the functioning of your hip joint. A hip surgery can provide a drastic reduction in pain, with almost all patients getting relief from arthritis and other hip pain.
Get in touch with us and book your consultation with an orthopedic doctor for your case and know if a hip replacement is right for you.
Advantages of minimally invasive hip replacement
- High success rate – Minimally invasive hip replacement is a successful surgery and is an effective, safe, and durable way to treat many of the problems that come with severe hip arthritis.
- Relieves pain- This is the greatest benefit that the hip replacement procedure offers and the main reason for surgery.
- Improved mobility and hip function- After the reduction in pain, increased mobility is the next major benefit. A hip replacement should allow you to get back to walking without restraint.
- Long lasting effect- A hip replacement is a long-lasting approach to treat the problems that come with severe hip arthritis.
Consult the best orthopedic surgeons at Pristyn Care to undergo the most advanced minimally invasive total hip replacement surgery in Delhi.
Why choose us for your hip surgery in Delhi?
We provide high-quality, expert and personalised orthopaedic and musculoskeletal care, tailored as per the individual needs of a patient. Our clinic is present in various locations in Delhi and nearby cities like Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, and more. Our orthopedic surgeons offer cutting edge diagnostics, treatment and personalised care to each patient. Our expert medical team includes more than leading orthopaedic surgeons, and doctors in Delhi. We aim to offer our patients access to the latest, less-invasive orthopedic treatments, with the feeling of trust and safety. Our doctors can help you reduce pain, improve mobility and improve your quality of life. Wait no more and contact us to enjoy a pain free and active life.
What happens after minimally invasive hip replacement surgery?
In the hospital- After your minimally invasive hip surgery, you will be taken to the recovery room in the hospital where you would be under observation. Once your vitals, including pulse, blood pressure and breathing are stable, you will be taken to your private or semi private hospital room. Minimally invasive hip replacement surgery typically requires you to stay in the hospital for 2 to 3 days.
You will be encouraged to walk the same day after your surgery, most patients are able to walk on their own or with the use of walking aids such as cane the same day after the surgery. It is important to begin moving your new hip joint after the surgery. Your orthopedic surgeon will meet with you soon after the surgery and may also recommend an exercise program for you. You will be strongly recommended to continue physiotherapy after hip surgery until you regain complete muscle strength and maximum range of motion.
At home- Once you are at home, it is important to keep your incision area clean and dry. You will also be given an exercise plan to follow at home after discharge. Postoperative pain will be controlled with medication and may also be prescribed medications to prevent infections and promote recovery. Take your medications as recommended by your doctor. Your surgeon will recommend you to take a healthy, protein-high diet to promote tissue growth and recovery after the surgery. You may also be given specific bathing instructions. Aspirin and certain other pain medicines can increase the chance of bleeding after surgery. Be sure to take only prescribed medicines and do not take any other medication without your doctor’s approval. In case you experience complications or have other concerns regarding your recovery, feel free to contact our doctor or your concerned medical coordinator.
Meet our expert orthopedic surgeons for your hip replacement surgery in Delhi
Contact us to schedule an appointment with our best orthopedic surgeons to find out if hip replacement surgery is right for you. Pristyn Care accepts coverage by most insurance providers in the country and our dedicated insurance approval tema will assist you to get your insurance approval from the hospital without any hassles. Give us a call or use our query form on this page to make your appointment.
Treatments for Degenerative Joint Disease in the Hip
Patients suffering from degenerative joint disease are advised to undergo prompt treatment. There are a number of treatment options for degenerative hip disease, ranging from nonsurgical to surgical treatment. The treatment option for each patient is chosen based on several individual factors, such as age, activity level, extent of cartilage loss the joint has experienced and the effect of the disease on the patient’s life.
Different treatments for degenerative disease in the hip joint you that may discuss with your orthopedic doctor include-
- Medication- Medications can help reduce the inflammation and swelling and can help manage the pain.
- Physiotherapy- This can help strengthen the muscles around the affected joint and thus improve mobility and reduce pain. However, patients with severe pain or symptoms may require physiotherapy for several weeks or months.
- Hip operation- If other treatments are not successful, the orthopedic surgeon may advise hip joint replacement procedure. The surgeon will replace the injured hip joint with a metal or ceramic implant to restore function and quality of life.