Suffering from severe knee pain due to osteoarthritis? Undergo pain-less knee replacement surgery by the best knee doctors in Delhi
The natural occurrence of aging has various effects on our body. One of the most important common problems associated with aging is joint pain and reduced motion. As you age, your bone strength tends to decrease and thus the joints experience a loss of mobility. In many cases, aging tends to affect the knee joints the most. This can directly affect almost every aspect of the person’s life. Knee pain due to osteoarthritis is very common in older adults and is an extremely disturbing condition that many people go through. Osteoarthritis can affect the daily life of the individual significantly and impact his or her quality of life. When all nonsurgical treatments and measures have stopped bringing you relief, the knee pain can be so noticeable that you are unable to manage even the smallest daily activities, and you may also have other symptoms like swelling or bowing of the knee. In such instances, an orthopedic doctor would advise a knee replacement surgery as the best treatment to provide relief from the pain and improve your quality of life. Get in touch with our best orthopedic doctors in Delhi and consult them regarding your knee replacement surgery.
What types of knee replacement?
When medications and other nonsurgical treatments have failed to reduce or manage knee pain, surgery to replace the diseased, damaged or worn-out knee joint might be appropriate and helpful.
- Total knee replacement (TKR)- Total knee replacement or TKR is the standard treatment for advanced stages of osteoarthritis or other types of knee arthritis. During a total knee replacement surgery, a hip implant is used to replace the damaged or diseased bone and cartilage from various parts of the knee including medial, lateral and the kneecap. Total knee replacements are very successful and last more than 20 years in 80% patients. More than 90 % of total knee replacement surgery patients report a significant reduction in knee pain and improved knee function and mobility.
- Partial knee replacement (unicompartmental knee replacement)- While total knee replacements is more common, some patients with chronic knee pain may require a partial knee replacement. Partial knee replacement is the surgery for localized damage to a certain part of the knee joint, which means, the whole knee joint is not damaged. During a partial or unicompartmental knee replacement surgery, the knee doctor will replace the damaged portion of the knee and leave the healthy areas of the knee intact. This surgery is typically performed on the inside or the medial part of the knee, but in some cases, it is performed on the knee’s outside or the lateral part.
If you are suffering from chronic knee pain, you should meet our knee specialist in Delhi. We are associated with some of the best knee doctors and knee replacement hospitals in Delhi to provide you the best treatment.
Minimally invasive and pain-less Knee Replacement in Delhi
Less-Invasive knee replacement surgery is one of the most successful modern procedures in orthopedics. Knee replacement surgery is usually considered necessary when the patient’s knee joint is worn out or damaged and the patient’s mobility is reduced and is even in pain while resting. Knee replacement surgery is a common yet major surgery that involves replacing a damaged, worn out or diseased knee with an artificial joint. Adults of all ages can be considered suitable for minimally invasive knee replacement surgery in Delhi.
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that practices smaller incisions and minimal cutting of tissue around the knee to replace the damaged knee joint with an implant. Patients undergoing knee replacement surgery are more inclined to opt for the minimally invasive knee replacement surgery compared to traditional knee replacement surgery because of faster recovery, less pain and blood loss, and shorter stay in hospitals. Consult the best orthopedic surgeons for the most advanced knee replacement surgery in Delhi.
Meet the best doctor for knee replacement in Delhi at Pristyn Care
Our knee replacement surgeons in Delhi have several years of experience in performing total, partial and revision knee replacements on patients with various diseases and conditions. Our knee doctor in Delhi will usually suggest a patient undergoes knee-replacement surgery when other non-surgical and surgical treatment methods have failed to provide relief and the condition is strongly impacting the patient’s life.
During a knee-replacement surgery, the bone surfaces and cartilage which have been damaged or worn out are removed and replaced with an implant. With minimal downtime from daily life and fast recovery after the surgery, minimally invasive procedures for total or partial knee replacement can help patients keep pace with busy lives. Almost all patients are eligible to undergo minimally invasive knee replacement and will benefit largely from the surgery. We are associated with some of the top-rated and fully-equipped knee replacement hospitals in Delhi. Contact our medical team today to set up a consultation with our knee replacement surgeon in Delhi. You can also book an appointment from our mobile application or the “book your appointment” form on the website.
When will your orthopedic doctor recommend knee replacement surgery?
You may need a knee replacement surgery if you are experiencing uncomfortable symptoms like severe pain, reduced mobility, swelling and stiffness. Everyday tasks, such as going up and down the stairs or going for regular errands like shopping might also become increasingly difficult. Not only can the knee replacement make walking easier, but you will also get relief from the consistent pain and have an improved mobility. Along with the physical improvements, you may feel that your mood and mental health improves after surgery due to the elimination of pain and the stress caused by reduced mobility. There are several reasons why expert orthopedic surgeons may recommend you undergoing knee replacement surgery, including-
- Severe knee pain or stiffness which limits everyday activities, like walking, climbing stairs, and getting in and out of chairs.
- Inability to walk long distances or feeling the need to use a walking cane
- Moderate or severe pain in the knee even while resting
- Chronic knee inflammation and swelling which does not improve with rest or prescribed medications
- Knee deformity (evident bowing in or out of the knee)
- Failure to substantially improve with other non-surgical treatments such as medications, injections or physical therapy.
Questions to ask your knee surgeon before knee replacement surgery
When you meet our knee doctor in Delhi, he or she will provide you with the most suitable treatment for your condition and will also provide all necessary information related to the treatment. If you are recommended for surgery, your knee replacement surgeon will help you prepare for the surgery and set realistic expectations from the procedure. Do not hesitate to ask questions or discuss anything you have in mind. When you visit us, we ensure that you get the appropriate treatment, care and assistance that you need. Our associated knee replacement hospitals in Delhi are fully-equipped and follow all necessary COVID-19 guidelines.
When you meet your doctor for knee replacement in Delhi, you can ask several questions to gather more information about the procedure. Some important questions to ask your knee replacement surgeon are-
- How will knee replacement surgery help me?
- Are there any alternatives to the surgery?
- Is there any harm in delaying the surgery for 1 or 2 years?
- Am I too young or too old to have a knee replacement?
- What are the other treatment options for knee arthritis besides a knee replacement surgery?
- Can I undergo minimally invasive knee replacement surgery?
- Which type of knee replacement surgery do you (the surgeon) recommend?
- Which type of knee implant would be used?
- What is the best knee replacement implant?
- How much will knee replacement surgery cost in Delhi?
- Does insurance cover knee replacement surgery?
- Will my surgery be performed at a good knee replacement hospital in Delhi?
- What are the risks or potential complications of knee replacement surgery?
- Can I have the surgery if I have serious health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure?
- Will I need a blood transfusion during or after knee replacement surgery?
- What is the risk of infection after knee replacement?
- How is the surgery performed?
- How long will the surgery take?
- When will I be discharged from the hospital
- What type of anesthesia will be used?
- How soon will I be able to walk and move around?
- Will I have physiotherapy after surgery? If yes, for how long?
- Do I need to stop taking any medicines, vitamins or prescription drugs before the surgery?
The goal of knee replacement surgery is to relieve pain and restore maximum knee function. If you are planning to undergo a knee replacement, your knee doctor will consider many things, such as your age, activity level, lifestyle, and general health. If all other nonsurgical treatment methods, including medications and physiotherapy, have failed to relieve your symptoms, your knee doctor may recommend a knee joint replacement.
Recovery after knee replacement and living with your new knee joint (implant)
During your first few weeks after knee replacement surgery, it is important that you remain physically active and move around, with safety. Do not sit with your legs crossed and avoid sitting with your knees higher than your waist. Also, do not sit in low chairs or sofas. You should avoid going up and down the stairs for the first few days. When going up the stairs, use the railing for support. Lead with your non-operated leg and walk one step at a time. When going down the stairs, again take support of the railing and lead with your non-operated leg.
Take your prescribed medications and do the recommended exercises by your knee surgeon during the entire recovery period. Speak to your knee specialist about any side-effects or complications that you may have. Your surgeon will also help develop an exercise program to help you fully recover. You can resume regular, low-impact activities like playing golf, swimming, walking, jogging when your surgeon feels that they are appropriate for your condition. Follow your knee specialist’s recommendations for a fast and safe recovery. Your sruegon may ask you to come for follow-up appointments regularly in the first year and once a year after that. You can speak to our best doctor for knee replacement in Delhi to know more about the procedure and learn how the surgery can benefit you.
How will physiotherapy help after knee replacement surgery?
Orthopedic surgeons always recommend taking the complete course of physiotherapy after knee replacement surgery. Physiotherapy exercises will help with decreasing pain, regaining maximum range of motion and increasing knee strength after the replacement surgery. The physiotherapist will help you achieve your desired lifestyle goals and attain maximum knee mobility and range. This will also play an important part of ensuring that the surgery becomes successful in achieving strength in the initial weeks post-operation. Prior to the surgery, it is recommended that you should do 6-8 week strengthening and treatment exercises to prepare for the surgery.
When you come for a consultation with our orthopedic specialists, they will help you prepare for the surgery so you get maximum benefits from the procedure. Book your appointment today and get a permanent solution for those painful knees.
What are the advantages of undergoing minimally invasive knee replacement surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery allows the patient to recover faster, with very less discomfort and pain. The success rate of this procedure is as high as 92 % and you should choose the best orthopedic surgeon for your knee replacement surgery. The advantages of undergoing knee replacement with minimally invasive technique include:
- Minimal surgical incisions
- Shorter recovery period and hospital stay
- Reduced postoperative discomfort and pain
- Less blood loss during the surgery
- Increased range of motion after recovery
- Less damage to the surrounding tissues
- Smaller surgical scar
Give us a call or use the “Book Your Appointment form” on the top and bottom of the page to schedule an appointment with the best orthopedic surgeons in Delhi. Our orthopedic doctors will provide you the best treatment with utmost care that you need to enjoy a pain free life again.
Meet our knee replacement surgeons and get treated at one of the best knee replacement hospital in Delhi
Our knee specialists in Delhi are renowned surgeons for partial and total knee replacement services in the city. Our knee doctors are recognized as one of the top-ranked surgeons for knee replacement in Delhi. Give us a call or use the “Book Your Appointment” form on the top and bottom of the page to schedule an appointment with the best knee replacement surgeons in Delhi. Our knee doctors will provide you the best treatment with utmost care that you need to enjoy a pain free life again.
Suffering from degenerative knee disease? Our knee specialists are here to help
Degenerative knee joint disease, also known as OA (osteoarthritis), is the most common type of knee disease. Degenerative joint disease commonly occurs in the knee joint, hip joint, hands, and the spine.
Degenerative joint disease typically occurs with aging when the cartilage cushioning the bones breaks down and the bone surfaces are exposed and rub-down together, causing friction. This friction may cause general irritation and the joint region may become inflamed and painful, resulting in a loss of motion in the knee joint. Other complications of degenerative joint disease may include development of bone spurs around the affected knee or weakness and stiffness in the surrounding ligaments and muscles.
If you or your loved one is suffering from knee osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease in the knee, you may know how severely this disease can affect an individual's life. The loss of joint movement and function and knee pain can highly impact a person’s quality of life and might keep them from doing the things they enjoy. Our best knee doctor in Delhi offers the most suitable and promising treatment options for chronic joint pain and other conditions, including joint replacement and reconstruction surgery. Your knee specialist will provide you with all the necessary information about your condition and available treatment options and will answer questions you may have to help you make a well-informed decision.
Common types of Knee Replacement
The 4 main types of knee replacement are-
- Total knee replacement
- Unicompartmental or partial knee replacement
- Patellofemoral arthroplasty (kneecap replacement)
- Revision (complex) knee replacement
There are several kinds of knee replacement surgeries and different surgical methods for performing the procedure. Your orthopaedic surgeon will help you to choose the best surgery for you, taking into account the condition of your knee, your general health, age and lifestyle.
Types of Knee Replacement Implants
There are different types of knee implants. The main difference between them is whether the implant replaces the entire knee joint or only some component of it. The most suitable type of knee implant suitable for will depend on various factors.
Artificial knee implants basically consist of the following parts-
- A metal cap placed on the end of the thigh bone, after removal of the damaged joint surfaces.
- A platform also called the tibial (lower leg) component (usually consisting of a metal alloy) that replaces the top surface of the lower leg.
- A plastic spacer made up of polyethylene between the upper leg and lower leg component that replaces the knee joint space and meniscus and helps the knee implant move.
There are several different options for knee joint implants available Your surgeon will select the implant during your preoperative visits. The type of knee implant used for your replacement surgery will depend on various factors, such as your age, weight, activity level and severity of arthritis (if present).