Seek relief from chronic knee pain and instability with the best knee replacement surgery in Bangalore
Conditions affecting the knee joint, including an injury, a bone spur in the knee, fracture, diseases like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, or just the natural occurrence of aging can affect the functioning and mobility of the knee joint. Such conditions can cause inflammation, severe and chronic pain, and damage to the knee. Our experienced orthopedic surgeons have years of experience in treating patients with such orthopedic issues. Based on a detailed diagnosis and evaluation of the condition and functioning of the knee, the knee replacement surgeon will begin the course of treatment, preferably with less -invasive or nonsurgical treatments, including pain medicines, corticosteroid injections, and physiotherapy. But, if the treatment does not help and you continue to experience chronic and severe knee pain, then a knee replacement surgery might be the best solution.
If you suffer from chronic knee pain, stiffness, instability and you are unable to enjoy a physically active lifestyle due to restricted motion or mobility of the knee joint, contact our team for a consultation with the best knee replacement surgeons in Bangalore. Knee replacement surgery is performed to alleviate pain caused due to moderate to severe knee arthritis. More than 90% of knee replacements are considered successful and patients report significantly less knee pain and an overall improved knee function. Call us today or fill the “Book Appointment form” present alongside. You can also book an online consultation with the doctor from anywhere you are. We mostly try to provide same-day appointments for most patients. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you live a pain-free life once again.
When should you undergo knee replacement surgery?
If you have been suffering from knee arthritis or other knee injuries, your knee replacement surgeon would have probably already tried non-surgical treatments before suggesting you a knee replacement surgery. Orthopedic surgeons usually do not recommend knee replacement until other treatment options have failed to provide relief. Your knee replacement surgeon may suggest you consider knee replacement when the knee problems diminish your quality of life or if the condition is worsening. This may include-
- Severe complications arising due to the condition
- Knee deformity which limits the joint motion and causes disability
- Pain or stiffness in the knee that significantly limits regular activities
- Severe or constant knee pain occurring even when at rest
If resting and nonsurgical treatments have failed to provide relief, you should consider a knee replacement surgery to prevent any further complications and resume your regular life without any knee pain.
Questions to ask your knee surgeon before undergoing knee replacement surgery
If your knee surgeon has recommended knee replacement surgery to treat an injury or a diseased knee joint, be sure to discuss these important questions prior to your knee replacement surgery.
- What is the best surgical procedure for knee replacement surgery in Bangalore?
- Are you associated with one of the best knee replacement hospitals in Bangalore?
- Is the procedure minimally invasive or traditional?
- How long will the incision be?
- Why am I recommended a knee replacement?
- Is knee joint replacement surgery my only option?
- Are there any alternatives available?
- What is your (the surgeon’s) experience performing this surgery?
- Can I delay the surgery for a few months? If not so, how soon should I undergo surgery?
- What are the benefits of undergoing knee replacement surgery in Bangalore?
- What are the risks and potential complications of a knee replacement surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- What are the possible side effects of the anesthesia?
- How long will I need to stay in the hospital after the surgery?
- What to expect in terms of pain and mobility limitations after the surgery?
- How long is the recovery period from this procedure?
- When can I return to my job and daily activities?
- Will I need physiotherapy?
- What results should I expect in 6 months? 1 year? And 5 years?
Prior to having knee replacement surgery, it is important to discuss such important questions you may have with your knee replacement surgeon in Bangalore.
Orthopedic treatments we provide in Bangalore
Our orthopedic surgeons in Bangalore can perform a wide range of joint replacements and other less invasive orthopedic procedures including:
If you are ready for an expert opinion for your knee problem and would like to discuss your treatment options with one of our orthopedic doctors, you can make an appointment online with the “Book Appointment” form or call us directly. We have several convenient locations in Bangalore.
Why choose us for your Knee Replacement surgery in Bangalore?
- Our team of certified orthopedic knee surgeons in Bangalore are exceedingly trained and have ample experience in treating a variety of knee conditions including arthritis, injuries, fractures and other conditions.
- We offer minimally invasive knee replacement surgery which involves much smaller incisions and postsurgical scar. The patient can walk independently the same day after minimally invasive knee replacement and can return to normal lifestyle within a few weeks.
- We are associated with some of the top ranked, trusted, reputed and the best knee replacement hospitals in Bangalore such as Sparsh Hospital and Hosmat Hospital and have several clinics located in several convenient locations across Bangalore.
- We accept most major health insurance plans and also provide No Cost EMI Option to patients who need assistance for finances for the surgery.
Pristyn Care clinics and top associated hospitals for minimally invasive knee replacement surgery in Bangalore
You can consult expert orthopedic surgeons who specialize in minimally invasive orthopedic procedures such as minimally knee replacement surgery in Bangalore at Pristyn Care clinics and associated hospitals. Undergo minimally knee replacement surgery in Bangalore from top hospitals associated with Pristyn Care. Best hospitals for orthopedic surgeries in Bangalore associated with Pristyn Care-
- Sparsh Hospital
- Hosmat Hospital
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that practices smaller incisions and minimal cutting of tissue around the knee to replace the damaged knee joint with an implant. Patients undergoing knee replacement surgery are more inclined to opt for the minimally invasive knee replacement surgery compared to traditional knee replacement surgery because of faster recovery, less pain and blood loss, and shorter stay in hospitals. Consult the best orthopedic surgeons for the most advanced knee replacement surgery in Bangalore.
Make your appointment with us for the best knee replacement surgery in Bangalore
At Pristyn Care, we have the best orthopedic specialists for knee replacement in Bangalore who are trained and certified in the diagnosis and treatment of various joint problems. To schedule an appointment at the best knee replacement clinic in Bangalore, call us at our number or make your appointment from our website or mobile application.
Suffering from degenerative knee disease? Our knee specialists are here to help
Degenerative knee joint disease, also known as OA (osteoarthritis), is the most common type of knee disease. Degenerative joint disease commonly occurs in the knee joint, hip joint, hands, and the spine.
Degenerative joint disease typically occurs with aging when the cartilage cushioning the bones breaks down and the bone surfaces are exposed and rub-down together, causing friction. This friction may cause general irritation and the joint region may become inflamed and painful, resulting in a loss of motion in the knee joint. Other complications of degenerative joint disease may include development of bone spurs around the affected knee or weakness and stiffness in the surrounding ligaments and muscles.
If you or your loved one is suffering from knee osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease in the knee, you may know how severely this disease can affect an individual's life. The loss of joint movement and function and knee pain can highly impact a person’s quality of life and might keep them from doing the things they enjoy. Our best knee doctor in Bangalore offers the most suitable and promising treatment options for chronic joint pain and other conditions, including joint replacement and reconstruction surgery. Your knee specialist will provide you with all the necessary information about your condition and available treatment options and will answer questions you may have to help you make a well-informed decision.
Common types of Knee Replacement
The 4 main types of knee replacement are-
- Total knee replacement
- Unicompartmental or partial knee replacement
- Patellofemoral arthroplasty (kneecap replacement)
- Revision (complex) knee replacement
There are several kinds of knee replacement surgeries and different surgical methods for performing the procedure. Your orthopaedic surgeon will help you to choose the best surgery for you, taking into account the condition of your knee, your general health, age and lifestyle.
Types of Knee Replacement Implants
There are different types of knee implants. The main difference between them is whether the implant replaces the entire knee joint or only some component of it. The most suitable type of knee implant suitable for will depend on various factors.
Artificial knee implants basically consist of the following parts-
- A metal cap placed on the end of the thigh bone, after removal of the damaged joint surfaces.
- A platform also called the tibial (lower leg) component (usually consisting of a metal alloy) that replaces the top surface of the lower leg.
- A plastic spacer made up of polyethylene between the upper leg and lower leg component that replaces the knee joint space and meniscus and helps the knee implant move.
There are several different options for knee joint implants available Your surgeon will select the implant during your preoperative visits. The type of knee implant used for your replacement surgery will depend on various factors, such as your age, weight, activity level and severity of arthritis (if present).