Get the best knee arthroscopy treatment in Bangalore at Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care’s orthopedic surgeons offer thorough diagnosis, assessment and investigation of your knee so that you can access the best treatment to resolve your symptoms and increase your quality of life. Pristyn Care is dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with the best doctors in Bangalore available to offer you the best health advice and treatment.
Arthroscopy surgery in Bangalore is an effective, minimally-invasive procedure of investigating and treating knee pain and other problems, including:
- Injuries during sports
- Persistent knee pain, swelling or stiffness
- Treating ruptured ligaments
- ACL reconstruction and repair
- Removing loose fragments of bone and cartilage
- Draining excess fluid
The orthopaedic surgeons in Bangalore at Pristyn Care provide expert diagnosis and treatment for various knee and other orthopedic conditions thoroughly to restore maximum knee movement and functioning.
Get in touch with the best orthopedic surgeons for knee arthroscopy surgery in Bangalore
The orthopedic doctors at Pristyn Care are trusted for their experience in treating joint problems and ligament tears. You can now get in touch with our orthopedic surgeons for knee arthroscopy in Bangalore at Pristyn Care by reaching out to the number in the website. Getting the most effective knee arthroscopy in Bangalore has never been any easier.
Pristyn Care’s associated clinics and hospitals for the most advanced knee arthroscopy surgery in Bangalore
You can consult expert orthopedic surgeons who specialize in minimally and less invasive orthopedic procedures such as minimally invasive knee arthroscopy surgery in Bangalore at Pristyn Care clinics and associated hospitals. Undergo knee arthroscopy surgery in Bangalore from top hospitals associated with Pristyn Care. Best hospitals for orthopedic surgeries in Bangalore associated with Pristyn Care-
- Sparsh Hospital
- Hosmat Hospital
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care for knee arthroscopy in Bangalore?
Pristyn Care has many clinics across Bangalore. To consult our expert orthopedic surgeons for any doubts, concerns or queries, visit the nearest Pristyn Care clinic in Bangalore to know the solution. Book an appointment with the best orthopedic surgeons in Bangalore or book an online consultation and consult the doctor via a video call.
When is knee arthroscopy used?
Knee arthroscopy can be used to treat the following knee conditions-
- Osteoarthritis of the knees- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint condition that arises due to wear and tear in the knee joint. Age and natural wear and tear are not the only causes for osteoarthritis of the knees, it can develop due to a meniscal tear caused by an injury. Knee arthroscopy is useful for the treatment of osteoarthritis and can help reduce pain and improve functioning of the knee.
- ACL tears- Knee arthroscopy can be performed to treat torn or ruptured ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) that cannot heal on its own. ACL injuries are one of the most common injuries in high-impact sports.
- Fractures- Arthroscopy is also used in some other cases such as in fractures in the knee bones. It is also useful in treating the cases where the patella is out of its position.
When is shoulder arthroscopy used?
Shoulder arthroscopy may be recommended for the following shoulder problems-
- Torn or damaged ligaments or cartilage ring (labrum)
- Shoulder instability, loose shoulder joint that slides around more than normal or gets dislocated
- Torn or damaged biceps tendon
- Torn rotator cuff
- Inflammation or bone spur around the rotator cuff
- Inflammation or damage in the lining of shoulder joint, often caused by degenerative joint disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Collarbone arthritis
- Loose tissue that needs removal
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
What happens during the arthroscopic procedure?
Arthroscopy is mostly conducted as an outpatient procedure. The type of anesthesia to be administered (local or general) is determined after examination of the patient’s overall health. The surgeon makes a minor incision on the joint that is to be examined. After the incision, the surgeon may need a pump for pushing a saline solution into the affected area to be operated on. The saline solution makes the joint expand in size. The expansion in size allows the surgeon to easily conduct the surgery and fit in the graft/implant (according to the need). Further, the arthroscope is inserted through the incision.
Surgical tools are inserted through other minor incisions if arthroscopy is performed as surgical treatment. The tools are used for removing, cutting, and sewing during the surgical repair of the joint. As the arthroscopic procedure completes, the surgeon removes the arthroscope and the tools and closes the minor incisions with the sutures. A proper sterile dressing is used to bandage the site of the incision to keep away the chances of infection.
Why do orthopedic surgeons prefer knee arthroscopy over traditional knee surgery?
Advanced arthroscopy requires minimal incision and is followed by a quick recovery. The arthroscope is a thin camera fitted device that helps the surgeon in clearly visualizing the internal parts of the knee. Benefits of knee arthroscopy surgery include-
- Lower chances of infection due to minor incisions
- Lesser incisions and minimal damage to the nearby tissues
- Minimal blood loss
- Painless surgery (performed with anesthesia)
- Very less postoperative pain and downtime
- Faster and smoother recovery with assisted physiotherapy
- Shorter hospital stay (mostly outpatient procedure)
- Return to sports and other regular activities within few months
Although arthroscopy is a safer choice than the standard open approach, there are some risks. Hence, it is important to choose a highly skilled and experienced orthopedic surgeon.