Get rid of constant knee pain with knee replacement surgery in Gurgaon
Due to constant knee pain and limited mobility, knee conditions such as osteoarthritis, bone tumor or injury can limit the individual’s activities and daily living. If you or your loved one are suffering from a similar condition, you are right where you should be. Patients can largely benefit from the most advanced minimally invasive knee replacement surgery in Gurgaon. Patients can get back to their normal life and carry out their usual activities without the fear of knee pain. Conditions when you need total or partial knee replacement surgery are-
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Arthritis caused due to a previous knee injury
- Deformity of the bones in the knee
- Bone death because of poor blood supply (avascular necrosis)
Get in touch with our medical team to undergo pain-less knee replacement in Gurgaon. You can make your appointment by calling us directly or from our website and mobile application.
Why is knee replacement surgery performed?
The main reason knee doctors recommend knee replacement surgery is to alleviate chronic knee pain and improve the function and mobility of the knee joint. A knee replacement surgery, also known as knee arthroplasty might be necessary for some individuals, especially those who suffer from any of the following conditions-
- Knee osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis of the knee joint and is characterized by painful inflammation of the knee caused due to cartilage deterioration. This condition can cause severe pain and loss of knee function over time.
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the knee joint is a chronic inflammatory disorder marked by the deterioration of cartilage of the knee and occurs when the immune system of the body attacks the healthy tissues. Rheumatoid arthritis can also affect other joints of the body.
- Post-traumatic knee arthritis is caused due to damage to the cartilage of the knee joint that develops after an injury, like a fracture.
Our best knee surgeon in Gurgaon usually recommend a knee replacement to a patient suffering from-
- Severe and chronic knee pain that does not go away, even with treatments including medication
- Little or no improvement in knee functioning even following conservative treatments
- Constant knee pain throughout the day, even while sleeping or resting
- Reduced or limited range of motion of the knee joint
- Knee stiffness and swelling
- Inability to stand for long periods of time
- Inability or difficulty in regular activities like walking or climbing stairs
If you feel you may benefit from a knee replacement surgery, get in touch with us to consult our best knee replacement surgeon in Gurgaon. Following a detailed diagnosis, the knee surgeon would be able to decide the best treatment for your case.
Types of Knee Replacement Procedures
During a knee replacement surgery, your surgeon will remove the damaged or diseased portions of the knee joint and will replace them with a knee implant that is designed to mimic normal knee function.
- Total Knee Replacement- With a total knee replacement, the knee surgeon removes the damaged bone and cartilage from the entire surface of the knee joint and replaces it with an implant.
- Partial Knee Replacement- During a partial knee replacement, the surgeon only removes bone and cartilage from the damaged portion of the knee joint, leaving the healthy parts of the knee intact. Partial knee replacement implants are designed to fit a specific portion of the knee (inside or outside), leaving the other parts of the knee intact.
The above two procedures are different but have the similar goal of relieving chronic knee pain and improving knee function. Our knee replacement surgeons in Gurgaon have been performing both the type of knee replacement surgeries for several years with high success rates and patient satisfaction.
Consult the best knee replacement surgeon in Gurgaon at Pristyn Care
At Pristyn Care, you can meet the best surgeons for your knee replacement in Gurgaon and can discuss with them how a knee replacement can benefit you and why it is suitable for your specific needs. We have a team of highly skilled surgeons and knee doctors in Gurgaon who provide comprehensive care and treatment for patients who suffer from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or other related knee arthritis or conditions. You can make your appointment at a convenient date and time for you.
During your initial consultation, you will meet one of our best knee surgeons in Gurgaon, who are specifically trained and experienced in performing minimally invasive knee replacement surgery. The orthopedic surgeon may want to know about your medical history and if you have any chronic disease or illness. Your knee surgeon will let you know if you need to undergo any diagnostic tests like CT scan, blood tests, etc. The surgeon will also discuss alternative treatments including physiotherapy which work simultaneously with knee replacement surgery. Our orthopedic surgeon will also recommend you some of the best physiotherapists for your physiotherapy and rehabilitation after you undergo knee replacement in Gurgaon.
What are the risks and complications of knee replacement surgery?
A knee replacement surgery is a standard yet a major procedure. Thousands of patients undergo knee replacement surgery each year and most do not face any complications. However, if you are considering knee replacement surgery, you should know the risks and complications associated with the surgery and know about the signs of complications after surgery. The potential risks and complications of knee replacement could be-
- Blood clots
- Improperly placed implant or other implant problems, that may need a revision knee surgery
- Persistent pain and swelling
- Allergy to components used in the knee joint implant
- Numbness, weakness, or both due to nerve damage
- Limited knee motion
Just like any other surgery, a knee replacement surgery may have some potential risks and complications. Our surgeons take all necessary precautions and actions prior to the surgery to ensure no complications or risks occur during the procedure. In most cases, complications during a knee surgery depend on the patient’s health condition, the extent of damage to the knee and age. Rest assured, your knee replacement surgeon will discuss possible risks, side-effects, and complications before the surgery.
What is the goal of knee replacement?
The goal of the knee replacement is to provide the best outcomes while also reducing postoperative pain, increasing the patient’s comfort, and avoiding risks associated with blood loss and infection during the surgery. An individual considering minimally invasive knee surgery should first speak with the best orthopedic surgeon to get a better understanding of the advantages and outcomes of the procedure.
The knee replacement surgery is performed under the influence of local, general or spinal anaesthesia. So, the surgery will not be painful for you. The orthopedic surgeon will make a small incision on the front of the knee to remove the damaged or worn out bone and cartilage and replace it with an artificial knee joint (or an implant). The type and quality of the implant used can have an impact on the outcome and longevity of the knee replacement. Our orthopedic doctors in Gurgaon prioritise choosing the most suitable and best type of implant for each individual so that he or she can take advantage of the maximum benefits of the procedure.
Undergo the best Knee Replacement Surgery in Gurgaon
If you have decided to undergo a total knee replacement, you should consider the most advanced minimally invasive knee replacement procedure in Gurgaon. This technique of knee replacement involves smaller incisions (3 to 4 inches), less blood loss and much less recovery time, as compared to conventional or open knee replacement surgery. The advantage of a minimally invasive surgery is that it allows faster recovery, shorter hospital stay, much smaller incision and less blood loss. The patient is typically discharged 3 days after the surgery. The orthopedic surgeons at Pristyn Care in Gurgaon are the pioneers of this innovative minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery as an outpatient procedure, largely reducing the recovery time, hospital stay and pain. To speak to our medical team about the minimally invasive knee replacement surgery in Gurgaon, make an appointment with us. If you wish to undergo minimally invasive and pain-less knee replacement surgery in Gurgaon, book an appointment with our doctors and visit your nearby Pristyn Care clinic.
Book your appointment with the best knee replacement surgeons in Gurgaon at Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care houses renowned and the best orthopedic doctors and surgeons who have ample experience in performing successful minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries. You can meet with the best knee replacement doctors at Pristyn Care clinics located in Sector 29 and South City (sector 49), in Gurgaon. To make an appointment to consult the best knee doctor in Gurgaon, call us at our number or make your appointment from our website or mobile application.
Suffering from degenerative knee disease? Our knee specialists are here to help
Degenerative knee joint disease, also known as OA (osteoarthritis), is the most common type of knee disease. Degenerative joint disease commonly occurs in the knee joint, hip joint, hands, and the spine.
Degenerative joint disease typically occurs with aging when the cartilage cushioning the bones breaks down and the bone surfaces are exposed and rub-down together, causing friction. This friction may cause general irritation and the joint region may become inflamed and painful, resulting in a loss of motion in the knee joint. Other complications of degenerative joint disease may include development of bone spurs around the affected knee or weakness and stiffness in the surrounding ligaments and muscles.
If you or your loved one is suffering from knee osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease in the knee, you may know how severely this disease can affect an individual’s life. The loss of joint movement and function and knee pain can highly impact a person’s quality of life and might keep them from doing the things they enjoy. Our best knee doctor in Gurgaon offers the most suitable and promising treatment options for chronic joint pain and other conditions, including joint replacement and reconstruction surgery. Your knee specialist will provide you with all the necessary information about your condition and available treatment options and will answer questions you may have to help you make a well-informed decision.
Common types of Knee Replacement
The 4 main types of knee replacement are-
1. Total knee replacement2. Unicompartmental or partial knee replacement3. Patellofemoral arthroplasty (kneecap replacement)4. Revision (complex) knee replacement
There are several kinds of knee replacement surgeries and different surgical methods for performing the procedure. Your orthopaedic surgeon will help you to choose the best surgery for you, taking into account the condition of your knee, your general health, age and lifestyle.
Types of Knee Replacement Implants
There are different types of knee implants. The main difference between them is whether the implant replaces the entire knee joint or only some component of it. The most suitable type of knee implant suitable for will depend on various factors.
Artificial knee implants basically consist of the following parts-
- A metal cap placed on the end of the thigh bone, after removal of the damaged joint surfaces.
- A platform also called the tibial (lower leg) component (usually consisting of a metal alloy) that replaces the top surface of the lower leg.
- A plastic spacer made up of polyethylene between the upper leg and lower leg component that replaces the knee joint space and meniscus and helps the knee implant move.
There are several different options for knee joint implants available Your surgeon will select the implant during your preoperative visits. The type of knee implant used for your replacement surgery will depend on various factors, such as your age, weight, activity level and severity of arthritis (if present).