Best & advanced treatment of Pilonidal Sinus now in Gurgaon
Pristyn Care is building an eco-system of modern daycare procedures to provide a seamless surgical experience for patients of pilonidal sinus in Gurgaon. Our experts are capable of managing illness, and take care of patients with the most advanced laser-based treatments at Pristyn Care Clinic. Expert surgeons at Pristyn Care perform surgery of pilonidal sinus with high-precision and technologically advanced equipment. The patients heal faster compared to traditional surgeries as it involves fewer cuts. Also, the treatments deliver long-lasting results and are performed by the best doctors at Pristyn Care in Gurgaon. Our treatments ensure faster healing and a patient can continue the routine after 2-3 days with certain precautions.
Get the best daycare laser treatment for pilonidal sinus cure in Gurgaon
Mostly, males are afflicted with this problem. The reason is that pilonidal sinus occurs in the lower part of the back region and usually affects young, hairy, overweight males who sweat a lot and may sit for long hours. If you are experiencing symptoms of Pilonidal Sinus or taking treatments already, but not getting desired results, schedule an appointment with the best doctor in Gurgaon.
To ensure a faster recovery, it is crucial to keep the area clean after surgery and follow instructions about periodically replacing the gauze. It just so with any surgery, whether outpatient or inpatient, remember to take note of all instructions relating to at-home care and aftercare, especially if gauze needs removing and repacking. Specialists at Pristyn Care leverages years of experience and immense knowledge to perform daycare procedures for fast recovery from pilonidal sinus treatment in Gurgaon. The team at Pristyn Care Laser Clinic in Gurgaon is dedicated to ensuring a seamless surgical experience for patients.
How do you know you have a pilonidal sinus or cyst?
You can look for symptoms below and identify the condition:
- pain when sitting or standing
- swelling of the cyst
- reddened, sore skin around the area
- pus or blood draining from the abscess, causing a foul odor
- hair protruding from the lesion
- formation of over one sinus tract, or holes in the skin
- low-grade fever, but this is rare
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.