Seek Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus in Kolkata with Pristyn Care
About 99 percent of commercial vehicles in Kolkata are diesel driven. This is a serious concern as the diesel emissions have been classified as class 1 carcinogens for its strong link with lung cancer by the World Health Organisation (WHO). This is one of the major factors that there has been an increase in the number of pollutants in the air. This has made people of Kolkata susceptible to various breathing disorders as well as skin problems including pilonidal sinus. If left untreated for long, a pilonidal sinus can get filled with pus which leads to difficulty in sleeping or sitting. No need to waste money on allopathic medications as they cure the condition only on a temporary basis. Pristyn Care provides permanent relief from Pilonidal Sinus by using the most-innovative laser-based procedures which ensure no pain. Book your appointment now by calling our medical coordinator!
There are several home remedies you can try but that this only helps the condition on a temporary basis. Laser surgeries are highly recommended by doctors for pilonidal sinus treatment in Kolkata. Laser-based surgeries are not only approved by the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration but are also painless. It involves minimum incisions into the body. Neither the patients need to visit the doctor regularly nor they require daily dressings. Pristyn Care has a vast experience of successfully completing laser surgeries in the field of Laparoscopy, Proctology, Gynaecology, E.N.T, and Urology.
Pristyn Care Provides Best Quality Care for Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Kolkata
Pristyn Care excels in providing a painless as well as seamless surgical experience to each and every patient. We do this by providing the most advanced laser-based procedures for curing various disorders. A very common question that comes into mind when you hear about laser is “What are its benefits?”
- The risk of complications is much lower as compared to other surgeries.
- The recovery after a piles laser surgery is much faster as there are no large incisions.
- A quicker return to a normal lifestyle. It takes only two days to resume daily chores after the surgery
- The pain during recovery is considerably less.
- Both during- and after- the operation, there is almost no bleeding.
- Most people suffering from pilonidal sinus fear that it can reoccur. People in Kolkata will be glad to know that with laser surgery, the risk of recurring is reduced to minimal.
So if you are suffering from this painful condition or know somebody who has been suffering from the same, then book an appointment at our clinic right now!
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.