What Can You Expect in Recovery Duration Post Hydrocele Surgery?
Patients who have undergone hydrocelectomy at Pristyn Care in Gurgaon are provided with guidelines to follow to make the recovery duration smoother and faster.
- You can resume daily activities within two days of surgery.
- You may see redness and swelling around the incision made during the surgery. Both will fade away with the medication given by the doctor to support the recovery duration.
- Keep the surgical site clean post-surgery to avoid any infection.
- It is advised to avoid weight lifting, sexual intercourse, and strenuous activities for at least 2-3 weeks until its fully recovered.
- If the surgery was extensive, you might need to wear a supporter for a week for faster recovery.
Choose Pristyn Care for Additional Benefits During the Hydrocele Treatment
Don’t delay the treatment for your hydrocele condition. Visit Pristyn Care in Gurgaon, it is providing a safe solution to your hydrocele symptoms. There are few additional benefits Pristyn Care offers while providing the best hydrocelectomy:
- Flexible payment options like cashless payment, accepting credit cards and offering 0 cost EMI to patients undergoing hydrocele treatment
- Absolute confidentiality throughout the hydrocele treatment
- Free follow-up consultation post-surgery to make the recovery duration smoother
- Complete medical insurance approval assistance
- Free cab service on the day of the surgery
- 30% off on diagnostic tests
Foods to Avoid with Hydrocele
Many people don’t know this, but the foods you eat on a regular basis can either improve the hydrocele symptoms or make them worse. Therefore, you should avoid the following foods to manage hydrocele symptoms:
- Processed Items- These foods contain excess salt and sugar and have fiber content.
- Preserved Foods- These foods are not good to eat because they have artificial preservatives and other chemicals.
- Junk Foods- It includes food items like pizza, burger, fries, etc. that are low in nutritional value. They can cause indigestion and hinder the bowel movements as well.
- Spicy and Heavy Foods- Minimize the spice intake as well if you have hydrocele. Excessive spices can upset the stomach and cause a lot of discomfort during bowel movements.
- Pickles and Caffeine- These food products are also not good for the body and should be strictly avoided.
All these food items have a direct impact on the digestion process and the individual has a hard time passing stools. This will put strain on the groin region and worsen the hydrocele symptoms.
Post Hydrocelectomy Care Plan
After you’ve had hydrocelectomy, the doctor will give you a detailed recovery plan to ensure that the wound heals quickly and you will be able to perform all activities without any difficulty.
The most common tips that are included in the post-surgery care plan are given below:
- Take complete bed rest immediately after the surgery for at least 1 day.
- Allow your body to heal at its own pace. Do not push yourself to perform an activity even if it hurts.
- Start taking small walks once you feel like you can.
- Make sure that you don’t indulge into strenuous exercises that can strain or put pressure on the stitches.
- Refrain yourself from lifting heavy weights for at least 2-4 weeks until you recover completely.
- Post-surgery, you can eat your normal diet but make sure to stay away from oily, greasy, spicy, and processed food items as they can cause constipation and also slow down the healing process.
- Incorporate fiber-rich foods in your diet and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Pay special attention to the hygiene of the scrotal region and keep it clean and dry. Wash the wound with warm water and mild soap, then pat it dry.
- In the first 2 days, the doctor will ask you to avoid bathing. So, do not take a shower until the doctor gives you permission.
- Do not take baths in hot tubs and avoid swimming as well until the wound heals completely.
- Wear scrotal support or jockstrap for at least 1-2 weeks after hydrocele surgery. It will minimize the pressure in the scrotal region and allow you to perform regular activities without pain or discomfort.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes around the waist and groin area as they can irritate the scrotal region.
- Refrain from sexual activities as well until the doctor says it’s fine.
When you follow the doctor’s instructions properly, it becomes a lot easier to resume the daily activities and get back to the regular life after hydrocelectomy.
Prevention of Hydrocele
There is no assured way to prevent hydrocele in a baby. However, in adults, hydrocele usually occurs due to some infection, inflammation, or injury that can be avoided. Here are some preventative tips that will help:
- Proper prenatal care
- Try to avoid being injured, follow the safety & protection rules like wearing athletic cups or support while playing sports.
- Practice safe sex to reduce the chances of contracting sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Avoid pressure activities like horse riding that can put pressure on the scrotum.
- Treat cough properly as recurrent and chronic cough creates intra abdominal pressure and puts strain on the scrotum.
- Address constipation as soon as possible.
- Appropriate care should be taken to prevent hernia and if you already have it, get proper treatment to reduce the chances of hydrocele development.
In rare cases, hydrocele may also develop due to hereditary issues, such as a side effect of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Therefore, it is also important that you keep a watch on your health and take the necessary measures to prevent hydrocele.