Instructions to follow after vaginoplasty
- Keep the area free from infection
- Wear loose clothes to prevent rubbing
- Avoid intercourse for a few weeks
- Use sanitary towels
Vaginoplasty Surgery in Gurgaon by Best Cosmetic Gynecologist
There are plenty of benefits of Vaginoplasty such as tighter and stiffer vaginal opening, highly pleasurable intercourse, and getting rid of problems like urine incontinence. Here at Pristyn Care, Gurgaon, the treatment we provide is highly safe and effective. You can consult some of the best female gynecologists in Gurgaon to undergo safe surgical vaginal tightening or vaginoplasty in Gurgaon.
How to prepare for vaginoplasty surgery?
Some key instructions as a part of pre-surgery preparations include,
- Do not engage in any sexual intercourse or penetrative activity for at least a month before the surgery.
- Disclose all your current health conditions and medication to your doctor. You might be recommended to halt a few for some time. Quit smoking and alcoholic beverages for at least 6-7 weeks before the scheduled surgery
- Stop any solid intake 6-8 hours before your surgery. However, you may include fluids, including water, fresh juices, sports drinks, or clear broth/ tea.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself.
After-care post Vaginoplasty
Aftercare post Vaginoplasty is extremely essential. Some key points include-
- Do not use tampons or menstrual cups until your vagina completely heals from the surgery (typically 6-8 weeks). Instead, use soft sanitary pads during menstruation.
- Do not engage in sexual activities before a complete clearance from your gynecologist (typically eight weeks).
- Do not use perfumed lotions, deodorants, soaps, or vaginal washes before eight weeks from the surgery. Use only clear water and make sure you keep the vagina clean and moisture-free.
- Do not swim/ lift heavy weights/ physically exert yourself before complete clearance from your gynecologist.
- Make sure you complete your full cycle of the prescribed medicinal course and follow all your post-care instructions very carefully. They should help you recover smoother and minimize the risk of post-surgery infection/ complications
- Keep yourself hydrated, and eat a well-balanced diet including fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, milk, and dry fruits to give your body its required source of proteins, calcium, and iron.
What are the possible risks after vaginoplasty?
When performed under safe conditions and by a specialized and medically experienced doctor, vaginoplasty is a safe and minimum risk surgery. However, if the post-care is not handled carefully, you may experience a few risks and complications, including-
- Bleeding from the scars
- Post-surgery infection
- Hematoma (collection of blood around the wound)
- Temporary numbness
This is why you must take your post-care seriously and follow all your prescribed instructions, medicines, and ointments.
What is better- vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, or vulvoplasty?
While all three surgeries- vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, and vulvoplasty are plastic surgeries of the vagina, they all vary in functions.
- Vaginoplasty is a surgery focused at repairing the entire vaginal site. It helps restore both- the urinary and sexual functions of the organ, while also redefining the aesthetics. As a result, it helps tighten, shape, smoothen, and rejuvenate the entire vaginal area, thus solving vaginal looseness, dryness, and urinary leakage.
- Labiaplasty is a surgery to reshape only the inner or outer labia. It is mainly done to solve the constant chafing, rashes, and pain around the labial region.
- Vulvoplasty is a surgery focused on repairing only the vulvar region. It thus shapes and repairs only the outer vaginal area, thus helping enhance sexual sensation, function, and sensitivity.
Since all three are different surgeries, performed for different needs and functions, which open is better for you depends entirely on your exact health condition, personal needs, and expectations. Therefore it is best you discuss this directly with a doctor and let you both decide this post a detailed understanding of your symptoms and physical examination.
How to choose the best doctor for your vaginoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Search the net thoroughly and read through different patient reviews on google and third-party sites.
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology.
- Consult directly with your doctor. See how patiently they listen to your specific question and detail their answers. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing vaginoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before vaginoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- What is better for me- Vaginoplasty or Laser Vaginal Tightening?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with vaginoplasty surgery?
- Does vaginoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a vaginoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- Have you ever encountered a special/ rare case? Could you describe how you dealt with it?
- When can I resume my sex life after vaginoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the vaginoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after vaginoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?
Which factors should I consider before deciding the best hospital for vaginoplasty?
Some of the factors you should consider while choosing your hospital include:
- The hospital’s reputation and patient reviews on Google and third-party sites.
- How old is the gynecology/ cosmetic gynecology department in the selected hospital?
- List of operating gynecologists and their specialized experience and expertise.
- It’s distance from your residence.
- The hospital’s COVID safety protocols.
- Availability for private rooms and specialized care.
- Availability for 24*7 emergency care.
- Availability for flexible payment options