Seek the best treatment for ACL tears Gurgaon at Pristyn Care.
ACL is a very common injury that sportspersons and athletes suffer. Basically in sports where the body requires strong movement, jumping and landing, such as cricket, basketball, soccer etc, the athletes are seen to be suffering from ACL tear quite often. Injuries or tears in the ACL can often be repaired through easy home remedies. But, if the injury is severe, the person is required to go through surgery, which is known as ACL reconstruction. ACL reconstruction although is not a complicated surgery, it requires a lot of precision and experience. Surgeons performing reconstruction of the ACL need to have intricate knowledge of the condition and what process can work best. Pristyn Care is now available for the most reliable treatment for ACL repair in Gurgaon. Pristyn Care houses some of the best orthopedic surgeons who have years of experience in attending to several serious injuries for ACL tears and providing the most advanced treatment for ACL repair for even the most complicated cases.
ACL Surgery is a procedure in which a damaged anterior cruciate ligament in the centre of knee is replaced with a new ligament. The orthopedic surgeons at Pristyn Care are trained to leverage the latest technology in the field of orthopedic. Over the years, they have performed many ACL Reconstruction procedures using advanced tools making the whole procedure very precise, reliable & accurate. Several known athletes have benefitted from ACL Reconstruction at Pristyn Care.
Best orthopedic surgeons for most successful ACL Reconstruction surgery in Gurgaon at Pristyn Care
ACL reconstruction is the most successful procedure for ACL tears and injury. A fully torn ACL cannot heal or repair on its own and would require a surgery. The primary goal of this surgery is to regain normal movement and functioning of the knee. Sadly, the window of opportunity to restore full movement and mobility closes quickly. The more you delay your surgery, the lesser are the chances to regain full knee functioning. Also, a torn or injured ACL increases the risk of other knee problems and injuries. Our orthopedic surgeons are specialists in performing successful and less invasive orthopedic surgeries such as ACL repair or reconstruction, carpal tunnel release, knee arthroscopy, etc.
We are glad to let you know that to provide the best treatment for your orthopedic condition, we have some of the finest orthopedic surgeons in Gurgaon onboard with us. You can also consult our orthopedic surgeons from anywhere, through video consultation. To book a consultation for yourself with the best doctors for ACL tears in Gurgaon, visit our website or simply call us!
What to expect after my ACL tear surgery?
After your ACL tear surgery, rehabilitation will begin immediately in the hospital itself. Your ACL tear surgeon will suggest some specific exercises to do in order to strengthen your knee and restore full knee movement. The aim of physiotherapy is to regain the complete range of knee motion as it used to be prior to the injury and also reduce swelling after the surgery. Before you are discharged from the hospital, the ACL tear surgeon will prescribe medications to manage pain during the recovery period and will suggest you personalised exercises that suit your needs and goals to boost your recovery. Your rehabilitation after discharge from the hospital will be supervised by the ACL tear doctor and will involve exercises that will focus on muscle strengthening. Activities such as riding an exercise bike, swimming can be very helpful to get back to an active lifestyle after your ACL tear surgery. If you are looking for the best and most successful ACL tear treatment in Gurgaon, visit Pristyn Care and get consultation from renowned, board certified ACL tear doctors and surgeons in Gurgaon.
Recovering from ACL tear surgery
Minimally invasive ACL reconstruction surgery offers plenty of benefits over the conventional open surgery. Arthroscopic ACL tear surgery is less traumatic on the knee joint, which means you would experience less pain and a much faster, pain-free recovery. Most people who undergo arthroscopic ACL reconstruction do not need to stay in the hospital for several days. After your surgery, our orthopedic specialist will work with you to develop a personalised comprehensive recovery plan that includes rehabilitation and physiotherapy to restore maximum motion in the knee joint and gain muscle strength. Completing your physiotherapy program after ACL reconstruction surgery is the best way to ensure that your body heals properly and you get maximum benefits from the procedure.
Do not let an ACL injury stop you from enjoying your desired lifestyle and activities. If you have suffered a knee injury and have a torn ACL, find personalized care with us. Contact our medical team online or over the phone to schedule a consultation with our best ACL tear surgeon in Gurgaon.
Is ACL reconstruction successful?
ACL reconstruction is a common yet very successful procedure performed in Gurgaon. In the hands of our experienced orthopedic surgeons who perform a lot of such orthopedic procedures, ACL reconstruction is usually 95% successful. ACL reconstruction surgery is often recommended in the individual wishing to return to an active lifestyle without the restriction of knee motion. People with severe pain, inflammation or reduced knee function might also benefit from this surgery. The greatest advantage and perk of undergoing ACL repair surgery is that you can enjoy your favorite activities, including hiking, jogging, running and sports soon after your recovery. If you can reach out to our medical coordinator, who will help you decide if the surgery would be a good option for you. To connect with us, you can call us or drop your details in the ‘book appointment form’ present alongside and we will get back to you.
Questions to ask your knee surgeon before ACL reconstruction surgery
Has your orthopedic surgeon recommended ACL reconstruction surgery to treat a torn or injured ACL? If so, make sure to discuss the following important questions with your surgeon prior to the surgery.
- Why is this procedure being recommended?
- Are there alternatives to an ACL reconstruction?
- What are the benefits of ACL surgery in terms of pain relief, functioning or mobility?
- How long will the benefits of the surgery last?
- What are the potential risks and complications of the surgery?
- What can I do to decrease my risk for complications?
- What is the success rate of ACL reconstruction?
- How is the surgery done?
- Will I need revision surgery in the future?
- What will happen if I do not undergo ACL tear surgery now?
- Will I need any diagnostic tests prior to the surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be given?
- Are there possible side effects or risks of the anesthesia?
- Will I have pain after the procedure?
- When can I walk after ACL reconstruction surgery?
- How long will the recovery take?
- When will I be discharged from the hospital?
- Are there any limitations during the recovery period?
- Will I need physiotherapy after ACL reconstruction?
- Will I be prescribed medications after surgery?
- How can I manage pain after the surgery?
- When can I return to work after the surgery?
- When can I drive after ACL surgery?
- When can I resume sexual life after ACL tear surgery?
Statistical Data about ACL injuries and its surgery
- A study conducted in 2016 in Northern India showed that soccer was found to be the most common sport associated with knee injuries accounting for 30.6% of the injuries followed by kabaddi (20.9%). The most common mechanism was non-contact injury (64.4%).
- In rural areas of India, ACL injury has an annual incidence of more than 200,000 cases with 100,000 of these knees reconstructed annually. An estimated 70% of ACL injuries are sustained through non-contact mechanisms, while the remaining 30% result from direct contact
- A study conducted on Indian athletes participating in 24 different sport modalities from 9 major states of northern India showed that the most common injury noted was the ACL tear accounting for 86.5% of the injuries.
- ACL reconstructions are among the most common sports medicine procedures performed in the United States, numbering about 100,000 each year.
- In the United States, approximately 200,000 ACL ruptures occur annually.
- ACL reconstruction is an effective surgery with 75% to 90% of patients reporting good or excellent outcomes. Yet, a significant number of patients (10% to 15%) will require a revision.
- A landmark study reported that women were more likely than men to sustain an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury in sex-comparable collegiate sports.
- Despite intensive research efforts to address ACL injuries among high-risk females, the incidence of ACL reconstruction among 13- through 17-year-old females has continued to increase. Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction rates for 13- through 17-year-old males are also rising.
- The incidence of ACL reconstructions in Australia is the highest in the world, and is increasing. At greatest risk are men aged 20–24 years and women aged 15–19 years.
- Waiting more than 12 months between ACL injury and reconstruction surgery is a risk factor for a tear of the medial meniscus.
Why do surgeons choose arthroscopic surgery rather than open surgery for ACL tears?
Most orthopedic surgeons prefer arthroscopic surgery rather than open surgery for torn or injured ACL because-
- It is easy to view and access all the knee structures.
- Reconstructing the ACL is easier with arthroscopic surgery.
- Uses much smaller incisions than the open surgery.
- Much quicker recovery.
- Minimal downtime and postoperative complications.
- Has fewer risks than open surgery.
Post-surgery, our orthopedic surgeons will draw up a customised and comprehensive rehabilitation program and provide you with a schedule of follow-up appointments so that your recovery can be monitored.
Myths and Facts around ACL injuries
MYTH: The knee is cut wide open during an ACL reconstruction surgery.
Truth: Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction surgery is done with minimally invasive technique by inserting an arthroscopy into the knee which allows the surgeon to view and access the knee joint. The surgery requires a very small incision and the knee is not cut wide open in this procedure.
MYTH: ACL Injuries only occur from a blunt trauma or force.
Truth: ACL injuries most often occur during activities involving poor landing mechanics. This may happen due to an individual’s landing position or while playing sports such as soccer or football.
MYTH: Physiotherapy after ACL tear surgery takes very long
Truth: Physiotherapy after an ACL tear surgery can take as little as a few weeks following surgery, depending on the condition of the patient and severity of the injury. A patient can potentially see an improved range of motion in the knee with regular physiotherapy. However, aspects such as motor control may take longer time to regain.
MYTH: Only athletes are susceptible to ACL tears
Truth: Knee injuries including ACL tear, PCL tear and a torn meniscus are most common knee injuries that occur during sports but any individual can have an ACL tear. ACL tears can also occur during non-sports related activities.
Make your appointment at the best orthopedic clinic for ACL tear/ injury in Gurgaon
Pristyn Care houses the finest orthopedic surgeons in your city who have significant and remarkable experience in treating ACL tears and injuries, both surgically and nonsurgically. You can call us to set up an appointment and get a full evaluation to see which treatment option is best for you. If you wish to consult the orthopedic surgeon virtually, you can schedule an online consultation with the doctor at your preferred time. We promise to provide you with the best care and treatment and help you resume your active life.