Undergo less invasive and successful ACL Reconstruction Surgery In Pune
Tears in the ACL or anterior cruciate ligament because of an injury of the knee joint is one of the most common types of injuries of the knee. ACL or the anterior cruciate ligament is one of the major ligaments of the knee joint and is responsible for the stability of the joint. If an injury is sustained, the ligament does not heal by itself. This implies that in case of ACL tear or injury, an orthopedic must be consulted to immediately know about treatment options.
If the injury sustained by the ACL is of Grade 1, it can be treated with non-surgical methods effectively. But if Grade 2 or Grade 3 injuries are sustained, your doctor may suggest ACL Reconstruction Surgery in Pune. With its certified, trained and experienced team of surgeons and a compassionate and caring environment, Pristyn Care is one of the best choices for undergoing ACL Reconstruction Surgery. The surgeons at Pristyn Care use the latest technologies and high-end equipment for your reconstruction surgery, and the follow-up appointments and rehabilitation program will ensure that you are on the right track of recovery.
How is an ACL tear treated?
A severe injury to the knee can result in an ACL tear. You would need a proper diagnosis after scans and physical examination to ensure that your injury is an ACL tear. Once a proper diagnosis is made, a comprehensive treatment plan can be drawn based on the following factors.
- The severity and extent of the injury
- Age and skeletal development of the patient.
- Type of lifestyle and activity routine of the patient.
The grading of ACL injuries is based on the extent of damage to the anterior cruciate ligament. The injuries are divided into three categories as follows.
- Grade 1: A light stretch in the ligament with mild damage is a Grade 1 injury. No instability of the knee is caused.
- Grade 2: Grade 2 injuries involve a strong stretch in the ACL which can make it lose. This is known as a partial tear of the anterior cruciate ligament and causes pain, inflammation, and instability.
- Grade 3: A complete ligament tear occurs due to overstretching of the joint. The ligament splits into two and makes the knee joint highly unstable, inflamed, and immobile.
If the ACL tear is mild and is caused by just a light stretch of the knee, surgical treatments will probably not be required. Nonsurgical treatment alternatives like the following can prove to be effective.
- Limiting and modifying activities.
- Using a brace, cast, or splint.
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy programs.
However, in case of Grade 2 or Grade 3 injuries, an ACL Reconstruction surgery can be suggested by your orthopedic. The surgery aims to restructure the torn ligament by using a piece of tendon from another part of the knee, or a donor.
Benefits of undergoing arthroscopic ACL tear surgery
The expert team of orthopedic surgeons at Pristyn Care uses advanced techniques and equipment to reconstruct the ACL with a minimally invasive method. There are several benefits of ACL reconstruction surgery as compared to traditional open surgery. Some of them are listed as follows.
- Quicker recovery
- Significantly less pain after surgery
- Lesser and smaller incisions
- Lower risk of infections
Post-surgery, our orthopedic surgeons will draw up a customised and comprehensive rehabilitation program and provide you with a schedule of follow-up appointments so that your recovery can be monitored.