Recovery after anorectal surgeries
Recovery after anorectal surgeries is simpler than you might think. This is especially because of finer procedural methods such as LASER.
After your LASER treatment, you will be able to resume some of your basic activities right the same day, i.e, within 24 hours. However, you might feel a slight pull, tinge or mild-moderate pain as you walk/ sit. This is where your doctor’s prescribed medications will help and let you recover smoothly.
Soon, within 2-3 days, you’ll find yourself recovering well and quickly. While you can join work within 2-3 days, we recommend you take a little rest and let your body heal better. You’ll be able to seamlessly resume everyday work and office soon within 5-7 days and complete recovery would happen within 1-2 months.
While at it, we suggest you take the following precautions:
- Do not be lazy with your medicines/follow-up. Take your medication on time and regularly. These would help prevent infections and let your body recover painlessly.
- Eat less spicy food and switch to a balanced diet. Reduce your junk or packaged food intake and include more fiber. This would help regulate your bowel movement and reduce the chances of strain on the surgical site. If needed, you could also ask for some mild laxatives from your doctor so that your perianal region remains completely out of pain/ risk of infections.
- As you pass your bowels, make sure you wipe yourself softly and clean yourself pat dry. Any excess of moisture, accumulation of dust/ bacteria could irritate the site and induce pain.
In case you experience any unusual pain/ infection/ inflammation/ fever, consult your doctor immediately. It may indicate some deeper/ underlying course. Do not delay treatment.
Diet & Lifestyle after Anorectal surgeries
Anorectal diseases and their treatment/cure-all run on a single rule of thumb- a balanced diet and lifestyle. But what brings this balance? Let us guide you-
- Say ‘No’ to ‘Phone in Bathroom’: Our mobile phones have somehow become our skin. We do not go anywhere without our digital buddy. But, it’s the first sign of ill-health. When you use your phone in the bathroom, you tend to sit unnecessarily longer. You might not realize this, but it is indirectly making you strain your perianal region and making you a patient of anorectal diseases.
So the first thing to do? Stop using your phone in your bathroom.
- Water is your best friend: Having a vada pav on the go? Keep a water bottle too. Sip a little every hour.
In fact, let drinking water be the first routine in your mornings. Wake up with a nice glass of water and then have one each time before breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Want to munch on dabeli and moong bhajia every evening? Good, pair it with a glass of water/ taak before.
Why? Because Water helps you feel full. So you eat only when you are hungry and eat just the right amount. It helps break down the food easier and lets you absorb all the right nutrients. Hence, you feel less bloated and pass through those long meetings and lectures with ease and energy. It softens your stool and makes bowel movements easier.
- Add fiber to your diet: With all the fermented and spicy food we have, we end up missing on fibers! The most important thing for your gut health and microbiome! Fiber is what will help you digest that teekha misal and kolhapuri chicken. It will help you feel full, break down the food easier and ease motions.
So, in short, eat your salads!
- Consciously maintain your mental peace: Your head and your gut communicate daily. More the mental stress, more the acne, and constipation. So the easiest solution? Do not let stress take a toll on your health. Breathe, relax and try to keep calm.
- Stretch and exercise: Stretch. Stretch that stress out. Then breathe and start moving those muscles. Walk/ gym or play a sport, just stay active. The more active you stay, the better your gut becomes and better your stools.
Why choose Pristyn Care for proctology treatments in Pune?
Pune records some of the highest numbers of cases around anorectal diseases.
The reason lies perhaps in its rapidly modernizing lifestyle, foody culture, heavy uses of spices and fermented food along with stressful corporate and social life. This is why, we find cases of piles, anal fistula, and anal fissures in people as young as 20/22 sometimes. While changes in diet and lifestyle are always the first cure, surgery remains the only option in most.
However, with multiple advanced medical options, surgery is not as terrible as it sounds. Especially not in Pristyn Care, Pune. Why? Well, because:
- We use LASER Technology for Proctology Treatments : LASER is one of the most advanced, precise, and safest treatment methods for anorectal diseases. Its specialized high-intensity laser beam targets only the damaged area without affecting the surrounding tissues and offers one of the fastest recoveries.
Second, LASER is a minimally invasive, bloodless, and painless procedure for the most complicated of anorectal diseases.
Third, since the LASER resolves the diseases at the cellular level, the incidences of recurrence/ complications are reduced to less than 5%. At Pristyn Care, we are equipped with the latest LASER technology and our doctors hold specialized experience of more than 10 years in the same. This is how we make your surgery- safe, precise, and 100% effective.
- We work with Pune’s best Proctologists and Gastroenterologists: Our doctors are some of the most well-educated, trained and experienced, throughout Maharashtra. Each of our surgeons bears a minimum experience of 7-10 years and are specially trained in LASER methodology. With excellent patient track records and specialized expertise, our doctors are some of the most reputed and sought after in Pune. Hence you know, whenever you choose Pristyn Care, you are choosing nothing but the best.
- We provide you ‘30 minute Insurance Assistance’: Have an insurance policy but are worried if your insurance covers the final treatment cost? We understand. Insurances are tricky and coverage varies from case to case. This is why we provide you with end-to-end insurance assistance. Our specialized team works round the clock to assist you precisely and we guide you through each step on insurance.
Example- would the treatment be covered/ not, if you can opt for cashless/ apply for reimbursement, what percentage can you claim, all the documents required, etc. Hence treatments with Pristyn Care are easy on both- finance and mental health.
- Pay through ‘No Cost EMI Option’: Not everybody has insurance and we understand that. But, do not let budget come in the way of your right and timely treatment. This is precisely why we offer you the option for Zero Cost EMI. Just choose this option, get operated, and pay later in smaller amounts.
- We offer you ‘Free Pickup and Drop’: Have your surgery scheduled with us? You won’t have to worry about how to go to your hospital site/ come back. We will do it for you. We will pick you from your specified point of residence, get you operated, and drop you back with seamless comfort. You do not have to worry a second!
- We have a ‘Care-Buddy’ for you! : We give you a specialized medical assistant to assist you through all the fine needs, documents, and paperwork on the day of your surgery. So do not stress. You may forget a thing or two, but your ‘care buddy’ won’t. This is how we make your treatment seamless and patient experience- happy. Thus, when you choose Pristyn Care, you don’t just get the treatment, but also the ‘care’.
- We have a Free Followup for you: Treatments don’t end at surgery. Nor do we. We want to make sure you are recovering well and your treatment is 100% effective. This is why we give you a free follow-up post-surgery and make sure you speak to your doctor, understand all your medicines and get a proper diet chart to help you guide through your recovery. Happy Healing :)
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care in Pune?
Booking an appointment with Pristyn Care, Pune is extremely easy. You can either-
- Call us directly through the number mentioned on our site/ top of this page. And our medical coordinator will guide you step by step through all the details.
- Fill our ‘Book my Appointment’ form on the top right column. It has just four basic columns as ‘Your name’, ‘City’, ‘Disease’, and ‘Contact number’. Simply fill in these details and click submit. Rest assured, your details never get out and our coordinators will reach you within 24 hours. On this callback, you can discuss all your symptoms/ reports/ treatment options, etc. for your specific diseases/ case. Our coordinator could also arrange an online consultation with your doctor.
Once connected with your proctologist, you can discuss all your treatment options and decide the best date and time to undergo it.