Seek Advanced Treatment for Sebaceous Cyst in Pune
As sebaceous cysts are often considered harmless, many people leave them untreated for a long time. However, this is never recommended. A sebaceous cyst can get infected and even cause sepsis if the problem is not addressed properly. The best course of action is getting in touch with Pristyn Care and seeking treatment under the care of our expert plastic surgeons.
Once the cyst grows bigger than 2 cm, it can rupture under the skin due to excessive pressure and may cause serious complications. Over time, you may also experience pain and discomfort due to the growing size of the cyst. If the cyst is present on your face or around your neck, you may also feel embarrassed due to its ugly appearance.
Whatever your reason is for seeking treatment for sebaceous cyst, at Pristyn Care, Pune, we can assure you that you will get best-in-class treatment for sebaceous cyst without any compromise. We leverage modern and safer techniques to excise the cyst carefully. You can contact us and learn more about the treatment procedure from our experts directly.
Pristyn Care’s Highly Experienced Plastic Surgeons Are Always Ready To Help
Having the best plastic surgeons for help is the key to getting optimal care. That’s why Pristyn Care houses a team of experienced plastic surgeons in Pune who are certified and well-trained in performing conventional wide excision as well as minimal excision surgeries with precision.
Our doctors have more than 8 years of experience and ample knowledge. You can rely on their suggestions and undergo surgery by their hands without any worries. Our doctors will make sure that you feel safe and understand every aspect of the treatment to make an informed decision.
Our medical staff and non-medical staff work together to provide a seamless experience during the treatment journey. We also appoint a medical coordinator to each patient who handles all the formalities related to the treatment, including insurance paperwork, claim process, booking diagnostic tests, arranging cab service, confirming post-surgery consultation, etc.
Pristyn Care aims to be the leading healthcare provider. Hence, we focus on assisting the patient at every step and make everything simple and easy for them.
Key Advantages of Sebaceous Excision Technique
If you are wondering why we employ conventional wide excision and minimal excision technique for sebaceous cyst removal, then we have a list of advantages of these methods.
- Both these methods are safe and effective in treating sebaceous cysts.
- They leave rare chances of recurrence.
- The surgery only takes around 40 to 60 minutes and doesn’t require prolonged hospitalization.
- The recovery after the surgical procedures is quick and there are minimal restrictions on the patient.
- The excision technique has a higher rate of success than other cyst removal procedures.
As long as you are getting treatment from a medical expert, you don’t need to worry about undergoing surgery.
Visit the Nearest Pristyn Care Clinic/Hospital for Sebaceous Cyst Treatment in Pune
To get advanced treatment for sebaceous cyst in Pune, you don’t need to go anywhere. Pristyn Care has its own clinics all across the city and partnered with the top hospitals as well to make the treatment easily accessible for everyone who needs it.
All the associated medical centers are sanitized regularly, have thermal screening, and follow the safety guidelines for protection against the coronavirus and its variants. You can visit the clinic for consultation and check the environment, cleanliness, and hygiene to make a decision about where you wish to undergo surgery.
Book An Appointment with Pristyn Care Today
To consult our doctors or visit the clinic, we suggest that you book an appointment prior to your arrival. This will ensure that you don’t have to wait for a long time to meet the doctor for consultation.
You can book a consultation by calling us on the number given at the top, filling the appointment form, or using the Patient application. In all three ways, you will get a list of doctors that are available at the earliest for consultation along with the date and time options. Schedule your appointment with the doctor at your convenience and choose whether you want to consult with the doctor face-to-face or over the phone.
Sebaceous Cyst Vs. Epidermoid Cyst
A sebaceous cyst is commonly found on the face, neck, and torso. It usually forms when the sebaceous glands are damaged or traumatized due to cuts, injuries, or surgical wounds. It is a non-cancerous and slow-growing cyst that may cause pain or put pressure on the area.
Unlike a sebaceous cyst, an epidermoid cyst is a slow-growing benign cyst that is commonly found on the face, neck, head, and genitals. It appears when keratin starts to build up under the skin. The epidermoid cyst has a skin-colored, tanned, or yellowish appearance and is filled with thick material. An epidermoid cyst may become swollen or red if it gets inflamed or infected.
How to prepare for sebaceous cyst removal?
To prepare your body for a surgical procedure, the doctor will first ask you to get tested properly. These tests will evaluate your overall health and help the doctor to determine what precautions need to be taken during sebaceous cyst removal.
Other than tests, the doctor may ask the following things to prepare you for the surgery:
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not try to press or pop the cyst.
- Do not eat anything 8 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes that you can change easily before and after the procedure.
- Keep your insurance papers ready prior to admission to the hospital.
Besides these, no further preparations are required for sebaceous cyst removal surgery. The anesthetist will also ask if you have an allergy to some foods or compounds to determine what type of anesthesia will be appropriate to use. Standard tests, like liver function tests, blood tests, blood pressure examinations, etc. will also be performed right before the surgery.
Sebaceous Cyst Surgery Recovery Time & Tips
As sebaceous cyst excision is not a major surgery, the patient recovers quickly without any complications. The average recovery time after sebaceous cyst surgery is 2-3 weeks and that too if the cyst was infected or very large. After a small-sized cyst excision, the patient may only need around 1 week to recover completely.
On the day of surgery, you will be asked to take complete rest as the body will still have the lingering effects from anesthesia. Here are some tips that you should follow during the recovery phase to get back to your daily routine as soon as possible:
- Keep the wound covered with a dry bandage. There may be some drainage from the wound for a couple of days. So, you’ll have to change the bandages frequently.
- If gauze is placed over the wound, you may have to get it removed after some time. Or the doctor will tell you how to remove the gauze yourself.
- If oral antibiotics or pain medications are prescribed by the doctor, make sure that you take the medicines as directed.
- Do not push your body to its limits. In the initial days, the body itself will tell you when to resume a specific activity.
- There will be no restrictions on diet. But it will be better if you eat a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fiber and water content.
- Take follow-ups with the doctor after the first week and then as suggested to monitor the recovery and identify complications (if any) before they become serious.
You can contact the doctor for help at any time during the recovery as well.