Advanced Tympanoplasty for a hole in the Eardrum at Pristyn Care, Pune
Are you a resident of Pune and suffering from perforated eardrum? If so, get the latest and advanced surgical treatment option called tympanoplasty by visiting Pristyn Care. We provide tympanoplasty as the safest surgical procedure by using USFDA approved surgical tools. All our ENT doctors perform tympanoplasty as a daycare procedure and you can recover quickly to get back to your daily activities.
Highly experienced and Well-Trained ENT doctors For Tympanoplasty at Pristyn Care, Pune.
You can get treated for eardrum perforation by highly experienced and trained ENT doctors at Pristyn Care, Pune. We house several ENT doctors who are experts in diagnosing and treating eardrum perforation. They perform tympanoplasty using USFDA approved medical tools and surgical instruments. Our ENT doctors follow world-class healthcare guidelines to perform the safest and best tympanoplasty with no or minimal chance of occurrence of complications. They closely work with both medical and non-medical staff to make sure every patient receives the highest quality of care at an affordable price.
Pristyn Care is Associated with top-class Hospitals in Pune?
Several hospitals in Pune provide tympanoplasty at different costs. However, Pristyn Care has associated with top hospitals in Pune to provide the best and safest tympanoplasty at an affordable cost to all the patients suffering from a perforated eardrum or a hole in the tympanic membrane. All hospitals that are aligned with Pristyn Care follow very strict safety measures like thermal screening of the patients who are entering and leaving the hospital and continuous sanitization of all diagnostic and surgical equipment. Medical and non-medical staff wear PPE kits to restrict or reduce the contamination of COVID-19.
What is the cost of Tympanoplasty Surgery in Pune?
In Pune, the cost of Tympanoplasty can range between Rs.25,000 and Rs.65,000. However this price is subject to change depending on factors like.
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Type of hospital
- Type of surgical procedure
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, scanning, etc.
To know the exact cost for tympanoplasty in Pune, contact the coordinator of the specific hospital from where you wish to undergo tympanoplasty.
What you can expect during postprocedure care/recovery care for Tympanoplasty?
The following are the post-care steps to be followed after Tympanoplasty:
- The operated area will be covered with the bandages after the procedure.
- The ears will be swollen and red for the next few days. Prefer wearing loose clothing that is easy to wear without disturbing the ears. Do not let soap come into contact with the sutures.
- Do not use lotions, creams, make-up, etc around the operated area.
- Headphones or earphones or any such devices should not be used for the next few days until the swelling and pain are reduced.
- Avoid going for a swim after the surgery at least for a week.
- Avoid going to crowded places and dusty areas to reduce complications like getting infections.
- Follow all the instructions given by the doctor.
- There should be follow-up visits to the doctor 2 days after this surgery, the following week, and then again after a month to monitor the ear.
Book an appointment with the best ENT doctor at Pristyn Care, Pune
ENT doctors at Pristyn Care, Pune are well experienced and trained in performing tympanoplasty with minimal or no side effects and complications. You can book an appointment with our ENT doctors by calling our coordinators or by filling in the form that is on this page. Our coordinator will get back to you as early as possible and will book an appointment with the nearest ENT doctor. We also provide online consultation services and can be availed through our official website or Pristyn Care mobile application.
Are there any potential complications of tympanoplasty?
Tympanoplasty is an advanced procedure that is performed with the help of the latest medical technology and has lower chances of complication as compared to conventional techniques. However, like any other surgeries there are some potential complications of tympanoplasty as well, in rare cases:
- Change or loss of hearing ability
- Reduced sense of taste
- Dryness in the mouth
- Dizziness post tympanoplasty operation
- Ringing or tinnitus in the ear
- Failure of the graft used during tympanoplasty surgery
Different Types of Tympanoplasty
As reported in NCBI, according to the Wullstein Classification, tympanoplasty has five types depending on their severity and advanced symptoms:
- Type 1- Repair of the tympanic membrane alone, no abnormality of the middle ear.
- Type 2- Repair of the tympanic membrane and middle ear due to malleus that usually gets eroded. In this type, tympanoplasty includes grafting the tympanic membrane to the incus.
- Type 3- Repair of the tympanic membrane onto the stapes head, in this type the malleus and incus have a defect.
- Type 4- The tympanic membrane is grafted to the stapes footplate, which is movable.
- Type 5- Repair involves the stapes footplate, which is fixed.