Cure Lipoma Permanently with the help of Pristyn Care Surgeons in Pune
Lipoma is a disease that doesn’t cause any kind of pain in most cases. But the lump keeps on growing slowly and increases in size over time that looks aesthetically displeasing. That’s why most people undergo surgical treatment to get rid of the fatty tissues. Our doctors use the liposuction and excision technique as these methods allow them to remove the fatty tissues precisely. The doctors will excise the lump carefully and leave negligible chances of lipoma recurrence.
Our medical and non-medical staff work synchronously to make the whole treatment journey comfortable for the patients. Our non-medical staff work round-the-clock to assist you at every step of the treatment. So, you can rest assured knowing that you are under the care of expert surgeons and cure lipoma permanently.
Choose Pristyn Care for Lipoma Treatment in Pune
Pristyn Care aims to simplify the surgical experience of all the people who come to us seeking the most advanced treatment. We work in collaboration with the top hospitals and clinics of Pune to make the treatment accessible for everyone. All the hospitals working with us have state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology to provide best-in-class treatment.
We also provide other services that are beneficial for our patients, thereby making us one of the best choices to undergo lipoma excision surgery in Pune.
- Safe procedure at COVID-proof clinics and hospitals
- A team of expert plastic surgeons with ample experience
- Dedicated care-buddy on the day of surgery
- Free pick and drop service on the day of surgery
- Flexible payment options with multiple finance options
- Insurance paperwork and claim assistance
- Free post-surgery care and follow-ups without additional charges
You can get in touch with our medical coordinators and learn more about our services.
Benefits of Undergoing Lipoma Excision & Liposuction Surgery with Pristyn Care
The lipoma removal surgery performed by our experts is carried out via a combination of excision and liposuction techniques. Both these methods are safe and effective when medications are ineffective to cure lipoma. The benefits of the surgical technique employed by Pristyn Care surgeons are:
- Painless procedure
- The procedure takes only about 30-45 minutes
- Negligible chances of recurrence
- No need for hospitalization
- Quick recovery with minimal restrictions
- Minimum side effects
If you want to get lipoma removed surgically, it is crucial that you consult an expert. Book an appointment with our doctors today and learn more about the treatment method for lipoma. You can consult our doctors both online and offline at your convenience.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.
What are the side effects of lipoma removal surgery?
Though the lipoma removal procedure is safe and minimally invasive, there are still possibilities that you will experience some side effects from the surgery. The common side effects include:
- Bruising- Immediately after the surgery, there will be bruises around the site from where the fatty lump is removed.
- Swelling- The swelling in the region where the lump existed will be swollen for a week or so. The swelling will subside gradually as the wound heals.
- Infection- There is a possibility that the internal organs may come in contact with external contaminants and cause infection. Even the wound can get infected if it gets wet.
- Injury to the Nearby Structures- In some situations, it is possible that lipoma is present directly over an organ. Hence, during the surgery, the nerves, tissues, or the organ itself may get damaged during the procedure.
- Hematoma Formation- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is blood clot formation. If the wall of a blood vessel is injured during lipoma removal, blood clots may start to form outside the vessel into the surrounding tissue.
- Excessive Scarring- In rare instances, lipoma treatment may leave major scars on the body. It usually happens when the size of lipoma is big and its removal is difficult.
- Seroma- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is the collection of fluid, i.e., blood plasma and inflammatory fluid that is produced by the injured cells. Early or improper removal of stitches can also cause seroma sometimes.
Recovery Tips After Lipoma Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, you will be asked to take complete bed rest for at least 24 hours. The doctor will also prescribe some pain medicine and NSAIDs to reduce your pain, swelling, fever, and also minimize the chances of infection. Before discharge, the doctor will prepare a complete recovery guide that will include self-care tips, precautions, dos, and don’ts as well.
- Do not let the incisions get wet. Avoid taking baths or getting in hot tubs for at least 4 weeks.
- Wash the incision with soap and warm water. Dry the wound and put on new clean bandages. This will prevent the wound from getting infected.
- Apply ice over the wound for the next few days after surgery to reduce the swelling.
- Do not indulge in physical activities, especially lifting heavy weights as they can tear up the stitches.
- Avoid driving for the next few days until approved by the doctor.
- Eat a normal diet that consists of healthy and nutritious items, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you notice some signs of post-surgery complications, such as excessive bleeding from the wound, persistent swelling, nausea, vomiting, high fever, etc., contact your healthcare provider right away.
How to prevent lipomas?
Generally, lipoma prevention is not possible as it usually occurs due to inherited conditions. They are passed down in families through genes. Therefore, it is almost impossible to prevent them.
However, in one condition, you may be able to prevent lipomas from developing. This is applicable when lipomas are caused by Madelung’s disease. You can prevent the fatty lumps from growing by limiting your alcohol intake.
You can discuss other plausible methods to prevent lipomas with a lipoma specialist in Pune.