1. Diagnostic Tests for Bartholin cyst:
To detect the severity and course of treatment for Bartholin cysts, you may be recommended the following tests:
- Pelvic Exam Test:Here the gynecologist carefully examines your pelvic area and understands the size, nature, and severity of the cyst.
- Swab Test: Here the gynecologist collects a sample of vaginal fluid on a swab to test it for infections.
- Biopsy: If the woman is post-menopausal, there is a chance of carcinoma cells. Hence, the gynecologist may take a sample cell and perform a biopsy to screen cancer.
2. How to prepare for Marsupialization surgery?
Here is a general guideline to help you prepare for the surgery:
- Discuss all your current medicines:Discuss your health conditions, medicines, supplements, and herbal potions elaborately with your doctor. This is because certain medicines, especially ibuprofen, insulin, or blood thinners hamper the surgery and risk excessive bleeding during the procedure. For the same reason, you might be asked to keep these on hold until a few days after the surgery.
- Check for your BP and sugar levels: Just like any other surgery, marsupialization too, cannot be performed if you have imbalanced BP or sugar levels. This is why they must first be brought down and in control. The same holds true in the recovery period too.
- Quit smoking/ drinking and use of recreational drugs:: Do this at least two weeks before the surgery.
3. Guidelines for prevention and avoiding recurrence of Bartholin Cyst
We suggest the following for preventing and avoiding recurrence of Bartholin cyst-
- Protect the area from any injury: Be careful as you work/ play or do any physical activities. Injury on the Bartholin gland can cause trauma and back up Bartholin gland’s fluid, eventually forming a Bartholin cyst.
- Practice safe sexual habits:: Use a condom and maintain the highest levels of sexual hygiene. Basically, though Bartholin cysts can occur because of various reasons, STI is one of the major reasons it gets infected and turns into an abscess. Therefore, using a condom can help prevent STI and pus formation.
- Careful Penetration:: Rough/ dry sex or negligence while penetration can tear the skin around labia and clog Bartholin glands, causing painful Bartholin cysts. Therefore, being careful and using lubes is advised.
4. Why choose Pristyn Care for marsupialization surgery in Delhi
Pristyn Care is one of the leading healthcare providers and associated with multiple gyne-clinics and super-specialty hospitals in Delhi.
We take care of your end-to-end patient experience and provide some unique benefits. These include:
- 15+ years experienced female gynecologists:: All our gynecologists bear a minimum experience of 10-15 years in surgical gynecology. This is why you can rest assured of the safety and results of the medical procedure.
- Multiple clinics and super-specialty hospitals:: We have multiple gyne-clinics and are associated with various gyne and super-specialty hospitals in Delhi. You can choose what’s nearer or what you personally feel more comfortable with.
- Free transportation to and from the hospital: We provide free cab pick up and drop off from and to your residence on the day of surgery.
- Minimal-no waiting time for hospital admission: We perform most of our admission formalities beforehand, so you do not have to wait for hospital admission at the site.
- All paperwork done on your behalf: We do all your hospital admission and discharge paperwork ourselves on your behalf to reduce your hassles and provide a seamless patient experience.
- Multiple payment options: We accepts all modes of payment including cash, credit, and debit card.
- All insurances accepted: We accept all insurances and offer cash-less facilities at most of the hospitals.
- No cost EMI option: You can also opt for the No cost EMI option while paying for your medical bills.
- Free follow-up: We provide free follow-up post consultations to ensure a complete and smooth recovery.
How to book an appointment with a Pristyn Care Gynecologist for adenomyosis?
Booking an appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist is easy.
Simply call us directly or fill out our ‘Book my Appointment’ form. It would ask you just four basic questions such as ‘Your name’, ‘Contact’, ‘Disease name’, and ‘City’. Just fill them and click ‘submit’. Our medical coordinators will call you shortly and help you speak to a doctor of your choice.