What is the goal of vaginoplasty?
The goal of a vaginoplasty is to address vaginal sagging, reduced vaginal sensation after multiple vaginal childbirths, and vaginal deformities. The treatment is used for strengthening and toning vaginal looseness, problems related to urinary incontinence, protruding tissue from the vagina, and unpleasant vaginal appearance.
The goal of vaginoplasty is to enhance vaginal tightness. The surgery is often combined with vaginal rejuvenation procedures such as clitoral hood reduction and labiaplasty to enhance the look and feel of the vagina. The procedure is generally performed under anesthesia. Once the gynecologist determines the amount of tightening that needs to be done, he or she will make a pie shape wedge to delineate the extra vaginal skin. The tissues beneath the skin are then tightened with strong sutures. Once the vaginal canal is stitched and tightened, the mucosal skin is closed with sutures too.
What to expect after vaginoplasty surgery? How to recover after the surgery?
Like any other surgery, recovery after vaginoplasty also depends upon your body's healing capacity or response to the surgical treatment. Your gynecologist or the vaginoplasty surgery is likely to guide you with all the recovery tips during your hospital stay after the surgery.A full-depth vaginoplasty requires 5-7 days of hospital stay
A shallow-depth vaginoplasty requires 3-5 days of hospital stay
Recovery after a full-depth vaginoplasty may take 3 months or longer
Recovery after a shallow-depth vaginoplasty may take 45-60 days.
It may take around 10-12 months for the body to completely adjust with healing after vaginoplasty.
Here's what you can expect after vaginoplasty:
- After the surgery, you will be shifted to a private ward wherein the doctor as well the medical staff will monitor your vitals.
- You will be asked to stay in bed for a day and then slowly encouraged to walk.
- The medical staff will give you painkillers and antibiotics to manage the pain and speed up the healing process.
- The nursing staff will also monitor your urine catheter. Your surgeon will determine whether you will need to have the catheter when you leave the hospital or not.
- Before discharging you from the hospital, the medical staff will ask about your pain levels.
- You will need someone to accompany you while driving back home.
Tips for easy recovery
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Eat healthy foods that provide your body the energy to heal.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights or engaging in strenuous physical activities
- Walk for 10-15 minutes every day.
- Follow the recovery instructions by the doctor without fail.
- If your body does not allow, do not engage in any activities. Take rest and allow the body to heal.
- Refrain from taking alcohol and smoking for a few weeks after the surgery.
- Clean your genital area and wipe it dry after cleaning.
- Shower every day to keep the surgical area clean.
- Do not wear tight-fitting undergarments after vaginoplasty.
If the vaginal area starts itching or burning, becomes red or rashy, inform your doctor. It could be a sign of vaginal infection.
Meet exert gynecologists at Pristyn Care for a 100% confidential consultation and treatment for vaginoplasty
At Pristyn Care, we ensure 100% confidentiality by respecting the privacy of each patient. This not only creates a healthy environment but also encourages the female to be completely open and honest during her visit to our healthcare centers for consultation. 'Patient first' is our approach to delivering healthcare, and 'confidentiality is the core of our healthcare delivery. When you are sure that your private information shall not be shared with anyone else, or anything related to your illnesses or personal habits are safe with the doctor, you’re more likely to be completely honest during your consultation. And sharing all details is really important for determining the effective treatment of whatever illness or injury you have.
You can trust Pristyn Care for a 100% confidential consultation. Your identity, problems, and other aspects of the treatment will be kept completely private. Be it vaginoplasty consultation or vaginoplasty surgery, our gynecologists maintain extreme privacy at every step concerning your treatment.
Why choose Pristyn Care for vaginoplasty surgery in Lucknow?
- Experienced surgeons for vaginoplasty - The vaginoplasty procedure is performed by specialists who have years of experience in the field. All our gynecologists working in Lucknow clinics and hospitals are highly trained to surgically tighten the vagina and guide you with every necessary tip throughout your post-surgery journey
- Very safe procedure - The procedure of vaginoplasty is very safe to perform. After the completion of the surgery, the patient does not need to stay at the hospital for several days. The surgery does not have any major side effects. The patient needs to maintain proper hygiene and the recovery would be completely smooth.
- Confidential consultation - You can trust Pristyn Care for a 100% confidential consultation. Your identity, problems, and other aspects of the treatment will be kept completely private.
- 24x7 Assistance - Pristyn Care provides the patients with support and medical assistance round the clock. The medical coordinators are available throughout the day and the patient can contact them regarding any issue.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care in Lucknow for vaginoplasty?
It is very easy to book an appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist in Lucknow. For booking an appointment, you can follow any of the following steps:Call on the above-mentioned number and speak to our medical assistantFill the contact form that appears on your right-hand side. As you submit the form, one of our representatives will get back to you as early as possible to help you with a convenient appointment. Once your appointment is fixed, visit the doctor right on time for a detailed consultation.