Lifestyle tips to follow for IVF success
For a woman undergoing IVF, every small and big lifestyle habit can play a significant role. From the diet she consumes to the way she lives her life, everything makes a difference.
- Have good fats – According to a study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health, consuming a diet rich in monounsaturated fats helps women trying to get pregnant through IVF achieve successful results. These foods not only improve fertility but also help in the growth and development of the fetus. Some foods rich in monounsaturated fats are – nuts, avocados, olive oil, sunflower oil etc.
- Say no to alcohol, smoking, and caffeine – Alcohol can affect the normal functioning of the fetus. Women who are trying to conceive should avoid alcohol at all costs. Smoking may severely affect the health of the eggs and sperm. Smoking can cut down your chances of conception through IVF. Consuming more than 200 mg of caffeine per day can also affect the health of the baby.
- Maintain a healthy weight – Overnight or underweight – neither is good for a healthy pregnancy nor the health of the baby. If you are on either end of the weight spectrum, make necessary changes and achieve a healthy weight. Eat a healthy diet, include cardio as your basic lifestyle habit. Doing so will increase your chances of a successful IVF.
- Get enough sleep – Sleep is one the most important factors that decide the success or failure of IVF treatment. 7-8 hours of sound sleep every day is necessary for best outcomes through IVF. Keep electronic gadgets away from your body during sleep hours. Getting sound sleep in a dark environment is believed to regulate the melatonin in the body which can improve the mental and emotional well-being of the mother.
What happens after embryo transfer in IVF? – A brief guide
Embryo transfer is the last phase of IVF where the fertilized embryo is transferred and implanted into the uterus of the female. After embryo transfer, your IVF doctor will ask you to stay at the clinic for some time before allowing you to go home. You should ideally wait for two weeks before going for a pregnancy test.
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) hormones usually take two weeks to form. After a week of conception, the hCG levels are high enough to be detected in your bloodstream to conclude your pregnancy results. Especially after two week period, HCG levels begin to double every three days. The levels of HCG quickly escalate after 8-11 weeks of your conception.
Once the pregnancy is confirmed, the doctor would guide on the lifestyle and dietary tips that need to be followed for the next 9 months’ journey.
Consult with Pristyn Care fertility specialist in Chennai for successful IVF treatment
- Pristyn Care, Chennai is one of the best fertility healthcare centers that work with some of the top IVF specialists/Fertility specialists of the country who have years of experience in leading couples to the joys of parenthood.
- Pristyn Care in Chennai is associated with top hospitals and IVF labs in Chennai that are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities required to perform advanced IVF procedures.
- Our IVF doctors understand that the entire process is more than just a treatment for any couple who is holding on to the hope of becoming parents.
- IVF specialists working with Pristyn Care, Chennai do a thorough consultation in the case of every patient to understand their problems, evaluate their health condition, and then determine the treatment method that will work best.
- Pristyn Care makes sure that the team is there for the patient throughout the treatment course. It is not just a treatment for us, it is a path to your happiness, where every person involved works as a team.