Providing highly successful Infertility Treatment in Hyderabad
Thanks to modern medicine and new techniques, infertility treatment has advanced to the next level. New techniques and treatments for infertility are opening doors for couples who are experiencing problems having a baby and might be in need of medical care or assisted reproduction. With our personalised treatment plans, utmost care and top-notch treatments, there is hope even for couples who have been trying to conceive for many years. From fertility tests, medical treatments for infertility to IVF or IUI treatment, we offer a wide range of treatment options and take pride in working closely with our patients to find the best fertility treatment that’s right for them. You can meet with our fertility treatment specialists in Hyderabad at the nearest Prsityn Care clinic. Call us to know more!
Fertility Specialists For In Vitro Fertilization Treatment
Finding the right IVF clinic can be difficult and is also a crucial one. We understand your emotions and state of mind when you visit us for fertility related concerns or for assisted reproduction treatments like IVF or IUI. So, at Pristyn Care, we try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. With our highly personalised approach to fertility care, a core focus on providing the best treatment and an honest relationship with our patients, we have been able to help many couples become parents. We provide a supportive, caring and compassionate environment for you to begin this process of having a successful IVF pregnancy. The extensive training and knowledge of our IVF specialists will answer all of the questions and concerns you may have about your fertility treatment and will put your mind at ease with an honest, confidential discussion.
Is IVF treatment painful?
Each individual has a different response to the in vitro fertilization treatment process, and what may be painful to some may not be at all painful to others. Some steps of the process such as injections or egg retrieval may cause discomfort. Most individuals have no side effects, but some might experience bloating and cramping. The egg retrieval process requires anesthesia and thus the procedure is painless and most females have just minor discomfort for a day or two, similar to menstrual cramps. But, experiencing severe pain after your IVF treatment can be a sign of a complication. It is important to remember that IVF is a safe and highly successful procedure but just like any other medical procedure, it may have unexpected complications associated in rare cases.
What are the possible risks of IVF treatment?
Possible complications of IVF treatment include the following:-
- Egg retrieval may cause cramps and discomfort both during and after the procedure
- Possibility of twins, triplets, and more
- Breast tenderness
- Mood swings
- Bruising from the progesterone shots
- Allergic reactions to medicines
- Possibility of pelvic infection
Apart from all those mentioned above, you may experience the following complications in rare cases:-
- Puncture of the bladder accidentally
- Bleeding from the ovary or pelvic vessels
- Chances of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome developing.
When to consult an IVF specialist
If you and your partner fail to conceive even after trying unprotected sex for one year, you should consider consulting an IVF doctor.
Following are the most common reasons to visit an IVF specialist:-
- At least one partner has a history of sexually transmitted diseases
- The female partner has irregular or no menstruation
- The female partner has a history of pelvic infections or previous abdominal surgeries
- The female partner has severe pain during menstruation (a symptom of endometriosis)
- The female partner has a history of three or more miscarriages
- The male partner has sexual problems such as difficulty with erection
- The male partner has had a semen analysis that shows a poor quality of sperm.
Apart from all the above, it’s crucial for both the partners to consult an IVF specialist for testing as the cause for a couple’s infertility can be due to either or both the partners.
Things to keep in mind before the IVF treatment
- Discuss with your doctor and try to understand the IVF treatment process.
- In case of any questions, doubts, or clarity, talk to your chosen doctor.
- Discuss your medical conditions with your doctor in detail.
- Try to reduce stress as it directly impacts the hormones that are the core of the reproductive system. Also, stress is considered the primary cause of infertility in both men and women. To get rid of the stress, you can do meditation, listen to music, or do anything that makes you feel calm, happy, comfortable, and stress-free.
- Achieve the right weight as it improves the chances of conception. You can add a high protein and low carbohydrate diet to lose weight and a high protein and high carbohydrate diet if you are on the lean side. Also, make sure that you avoid junk foods.
- All forms of exercise are advised at this stage as it keeps you healthy and helps you get the right weight.
- While smoking is a complete no for both men and women, drinking alcohol in moderation or not more than 60 ml twice a week is permitted. The doctor also suggests controlling the intake of carbonated drinks.
- If you have any pre-existing ailments such as diabetes, hypertension, or cardiac problems, talk to your doctor about it before the IVF treatment starts.
Things to keep in mind during the IVF treatment
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and take the required medications at the correct timings as prescribed. Also, be mentally prepared for the treatment as it requires around 4-5 visits to the hospital for scans and one-day admission.
- Both the partners must have a healthy and balanced diet while the IVF cycle continues. During the treatment journey, ensure that you keep your body hydrated. Also, you should altogether avoid smoking, alcohol, and drugs suggested by your doctor.
- While IVF treatment is going on, you shouldn’t bend or do any intensive cardio exercise. However, light walking is recommended, and yoga and meditation for mental health and keeping stress at bay.
- Say no to sexual intercourse for the first ten days after completing the IVF cycle as it can potentially lead to medical complications and affect pregnancy.
- Supplements that you started in the pre-IVF stage are continued during the process. However, if you or your partner take any medications for pre-existing medical conditions, you should inform your doctor about it as it can affect the IVF treatment process.
Things to keep in mind after IVF treatment
- Watch out for red flags such as pain, burning sensation in urine, fever, or fullness of the abdomen.
- Add fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds, and sources of calcium and protein to your diet.
- Avoid junk foods and cold drinks.
- Drink lots of water and sugar drinks like coconut water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid any form of exercise for the first ten days after completing the IVF treatment cycles.
- You can walk at a moderate speed for 10-15 minutes but ensure safety.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes and consuming alcohol altogether. Even passive smoking can be harmful to the baby and woman. So make sure to keep a distance from the smoking zone.
- Destress and get enough rest. Try to sleep and relax as much as possible. On average, a sleep of 7-8 hours is recommended. However, you can also take naps during the day to recharge yourself.
- To lighten your mood and mental peacefulness, you can listen to music, do meditation, and practice a hobby.
Factors deciding the success rate of IVF treatment
Several factors determine the success rate of IVF treatment, such as:-
- Type of infertility both partners are suffering from
- How long have the partners been suffering from infertility
- Age of the female
- Quality of sperm, egg, or embryo
- Causes of infertility
- Development of endometrial lining
- Amount of care taken during and after embryo transfer
- Experience of the doctor
The success rate of IVF treatment in India ranges between 30% to 35% concerning the aforementioned factors. Therefore, in India, more and more people seek IVF treatment to conceive and enjoy parenthood.