What are the complications of leaving appendicitis untreated?
If you don’t seek timely treatment for appendicitis, there are high chances that it will rupture and burst open eventually. The infection will spread to the intestine and other organs that can further lead to a fatal infection called peritonitis. Therefore, it is necessary that you understand the risks of leaving appendicitis untreated and consult a specialist promptly. Some of the major complications of appendicitis include:
- Abscess or a pocket of infectious pus may form inside the appendix that needs to be drained prior to removing the organ completely. You’ll be able to have surgery only when the abscess is gone.
- Abdominal infection or peritonitis is a life-threatening infection that can spread through the abdomen very quickly. To prevent this, abdominal surgery or laparotomy may be required to remove the appendix and treat the infection.
- Sepsis is another complication of a ruptured appendix as the bacteria from the organ will enter the bloodstream and cause inflammation in other organs as well. If strong antibiotics are not used on time, it can also be fatal for you.
The more severe appendicitis is, the higher will be the risk on your life. So, instead of ignoring the pain in your abdomen, it is important to visit a doctor nearby and consult him/her to find out the cause of the pain before it becomes unbearable.
Suffering from severe & persistent pain? Get in touch with Pristyn Care & consult the best surgeons to undergo appendectomy or appendix removal surgery in Hyderabad.
Appendicitis is one of the conditions that are almost always treated as an emergency. It is often diagnosed at the chronic stage as most people don’t take abdominal pain seriously. And at that stage, appendix removal surgery (also known as appendectomy) is the only way to treat appendicitis.
If you are also suffering due to consistent abdominal pain, Pristyn Care is here to help. We provide advanced medical care in Hyderabad as well as in other major cities of India to make advanced treatment easily accessible for everyone.
We house a certified and highly qualified team of general and laparoscopic surgeons in Hyderabad. Our doctors have more than 8 years of experience and ample knowledge of how to handle even the most severe cases of appendicitis.
Generally, the doctor will recommend that the appendix is removed surgically as quickly as possible to make sure that it doesn’t rupture inside the body. Acute appendicitis can be treated with antibiotics but if the condition has become chronic, surgery is the only potential way to treat the condition. Thus, it is necessary that you have reliable and reputed doctors by your side so that you can relax and have surgery without any hesitation.
What are the benefits of having laparoscopic appendectomy?
Nowadays, thanks to technological advancements in medical science, even surgical procedures have become easier and safer. Laparoscopic appendectomy is such an example of modern technology. It is a minimally invasive surgical technique that has many advantages over conventional open surgery. Some of the key advantages are:
- It is performed by making tiny incisions around the abdomen through which the instruments can be easily inserted.
- The technique causes minimal bleeding as only a small skin tissue is cut for the surgery.
- Due to the small incisions, there is minimal pain and no need for pain medications after the surgery.
- It also allows the patients to perform regular activities and go back to their normal life sooner than open surgery.
- The healing time needed for the incisions to heal is also less. The incisions will take almost 1 to 2 weeks to heal completely.
- Laparoscopic appendectomy is done on an outpatient basis. Hence, there is no need for hospitalization for more than 24 hours.
- As the exposure of the internal organs to the external contaminants is minimal, there are also negligible chances of post-surgery infection.
You can discuss the benefits of laparoscopic appendix removal surgery with the doctors in detail and make an informed decision about the treatment.
Schedule Your Appointment with the Best Doctors In A Simple & Hassle-Free Way
Along with providing comprehensive medical care, Pristyn Care has also optimized the way patients can contact doctors. We have designed a dedicated Patient application that consists of the list of best general & laparoscopic surgeons in Hyderabad under whom you can get advanced treatment for appendicitis. You can browse the list of doctors and see the time and date of their availability. You have complete freedom to pick a doctor of your choice and personally schedule your consultation at your convenience.
Besides that, you can also give us a call or fill the “Book Appointment” form to provide your details. Our medical coordinators will get in touch with you and handle all aspects of your consultation as well as treatment to make it simple and hassle-free for you.
Get Free Consultation For Appendicitis Treatment Throughout September At Pristyn Care in Hyderabad
In big cities, medical care is considerably expensive. From medications to consultation, everything costs too much. And due to the higher fee for consultation, many people hesitate to seek medical care unless the pain becomes unbearable. Pristyn Care is removing this obstacle and allows the patients to consult with the best surgeons in Hyderabad without worrying about the consultation fee.
We are offering free consultation through the month of September for people who have appendicitis or any other kind of problem. You can get in touch with us and get treatment for over 50+ diseases without paying any upfront consultation fee to the doctors.