Diagnosis of Endometriosis:
- Grade I, II and III of Endometriosis: Laparoscopy
Endometrial blood deposits on various organs in the abdomen are extremely minuscule and microscopic at grades I, II, and III of Endometriosis.
This is why, if the symptoms persist, laparoscopy is suggested immediately after the ultrasound. As the name suggests, it is performed using a laparoscope that is, a tiny catheter-like instrument with a camera and lens on its end.
Once you are under the influence of anesthesia, the doctor makes a minor keyhole in the abdominal areas and injects carbon dioxide gas to lift it above the small intestines and create space for the procedure. Then, the laparoscope is inserted to provide a high-definition view of the internal organs on a digital monitor. This imaging helps provide the exact status of endometriosis, its severity, and grade.
If needed, the laparoscopy test may be combined with the corresponding treatment.
- Grade IV Endometriosis or Endometrioma Cyst: Ultrasound
As the size of endometrial blood tissues enlarges by the grade IV, or in case an endometrioma cyst appears on the ovary, ultrasound can help diagnose the condition.
It is an imaging test that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of the internal body organs. For this, a trained technician or doctor presses a small handheld device against the area that needs to be examined. Before beginning the procedure, a water-soluble gel is applied to prevent the creation of any air pockets during the procedure. You may be required to fast or be on full bladder before the test. The specifics vary based on the area in which the test is performed. Therefore, please confirm the same directly from your operating doctor.
Endometriosis Surgery preparation
Laparoscopic Ablation/LAPEX/ Ovarian Cystectomy/LAPEX and Hysterectomy:
Here is a list of common guidelines for surgery preparation for endometriosis-
- Confirm all your current medications, supplements, and herbal potions to your doctor. Certain medicines, such as ibuprofen, insulin, or blood thinners may be required to halt for a few days. This is because they can hamper the surgery and risk excessive bleeding during the procedure.
- No surgery can be performed with imbalanced BP or sugar levels. This is why they must first be brought under control to proceed with the surgical treatment.
- Do not eat or drink anything at least 4-6 hours before the surgery. Else, it may cause anesthesia-related complications.
- Begin fertility treatments as soon as endometriosis is under considerable control.
- Quit smoking, drinking, or use of recreational drugs at least four weeks before the treatment.
- Shift to a balanced diet and include at least 30 minutes of light workout every day.
Why choose Pristyn Care?
Pristyn Care brings the most advanced and holistic gyne treatments with its experienced doctors and latest laparoscopic and laser technology in 15+ cities in India. We are associated with multiple reputed gyne-clinics and super-specialty hospitals, giving you the option to choose amongst the best hospitals that suit your needs, be it the hospital distance, its infrastructure, or insurance panel.
As you choose Pristyn Care for your treatments, you get some of the added benefits. These include:
- Free online/ in-clinic consultations: We offer free consultations. Also, you have the choice to speak with the doctor in-clinic or offline, sitting from the comfort of your home. You can ask as many questions, and we ensure we give you the right and detailed answers.
- Both surgical and fertility treatments available: We perform both- surgical as well as fertility treatments for endometriosis. That is, we offer laparoscopy ablation, LAPEX, laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy, laparoscopic chromopertubation, and recanalization of the fallopian tube, IVF, ICSI, and LAPEX and hysterectomy.
- Free transportation to and from the hospital: We provide free cab pick up and drop off from and to your residence on the day of surgery.
- Minimal-no waiting time for hospital admission: We perform most of our admission formalities beforehand, so you do not have to wait for hospital admission at the site.
- All paperwork done on your behalf: We do all your hospital admission and discharge paperwork ourselves on your behalf to reduce your hassles and provide a seamless patient experience.
- Multiple payment options: We accepts all modes of payment including cash, credit, and debit card.
- All insurances accepted: We accept all insurances and offer cash-less facilities at most of the hospitals.
- No cost EMI option: You can also opt for the No cost EMI option while paying for your medical bills.
Free follow-up: We provide free follow-up post consultations to ensure a complete and smooth recovery.
How to book an appointment with a Pristyn Care Gynecologist for endometriosis treatment?
Booking an appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist is easy.
Simply call us directly or fill out our ‘Book my Appointment’ form. It would ask you just four basic questions such as ‘Your name’, ‘Contact’, ‘Disease name’, and ‘City’. Just fill them and click ‘submit’. Our medical coordinators will call you shortly and help you speak to a doctor of your choice.