Book Free Appointment
Inguinal hernia can negatively impact your life and cause incarceration or strangulation if left untreated. Our hernia specialists in Hyderabad specialize in treating inguinal hernia through open and laparoscopic techniques. Contact the best hernia doctors near you to learn more about inguinal hernia repair surgery.
An inguinal hernia is when the intestines bulge from the abdomen through the lower abdominal wall into the inguinal, or groin area. There are 2 types of inguinal hernias, namely, indirect inguinal hernias and direct inguinal hernias. The condition can be treated with modern procedures and the treatment at Pristyn Care in Hyderabad can be completed in 45 - 60 minutes.
Support in Insurance Claim
The only treatment to permanently repair an inguinal hernia is surgery. If the hernia does not cause any painful symptoms, the doctor may recommend watchful waiting. But, in most cases, doctors recommend surgical repair of hernia to prevent potential complications. There are two types of hernia repair surgery.
1. Open hernia repair – This is the conventional and most common surgery for inguinal hernia treatment. In open surgery for hernia repair, the surgeon makes a cut or incision in the groin. The surgeon pushes the hernia back inside the abdomen and closes the abdominal opening with stitches. In case the opening is large, the surgeon may use a synthetic mesh to strengthen the closure through which the hernia protrudes.
2. Laparoscopic hernia repair – This is comparatively a much-advanced procedure for inguinal hernia treatment. The surgical procedure involves minute incisions through which the doctor inserts a thin laparoscope with a camera attached to it. The camera guides the doctor with detailed image viewing inside the abdomen. The doctor in this procedure may use a synthetic mesh to strengthen the abdominal wall. The procedure in the most common language is also known as minimally invasive surgery.
3. Robotic hernia repair – Robotic surgical procedure for inguinal hernia repair is very similar to that of laparoscopic hernia surgery. The surgery involves the use of a laparoscope the guides the surgeon to view inside the abdomen and repair the hernia. The only difference between a laparoscopic hernia surgery and a robotic hernia repair lies in the fact in that later procedure, the surgeon operates the surgical instruments from the console in the operation theatre.
An inguinal hernia is usually diagnosed by a physical examination. The doctor may ask you to cough or strain during the exam to see when the hernia bulge is most prominent. If the hernia is not visible even after doing this, the doctor may ask you to get a few imaging tests done such as a CT scan, an abdominal ultrasound, or MRI.
Delivering Seamless Surgical Experience in India
Your safety is taken care of by thermal screening, social distancing, sanitized clinics and hospital rooms, sterilized surgical equipment and mandatory PPE kits during surgery.
A dedicated Care Coordinator assists you throughout the surgery journey from insurance paperwork, to free commute from home to hospital & back and admission-discharge process at the hospital.
If your hernia is not showing any severe signs, you can consult with a primary healthcare provider. But if your hernia has grown bigger and you want to get rid of it, it is best if you consult a laparoscopic surgeon who is a hernia specialist.
There are several Pristyn Care clinics in Hyderabad where you can get through consultation and effective treatment for inguinal hernia treatment. Talk to our medical assistance executive to know which clinic location would be most suitable for you.
In all Pristyn Care-associated hospitals in Hyderabad city, our expert laparoscopic surgeons prefer performing inguinal hernia surgeries using laparoscopic technique. In this procedure, the surgeon makes tiny incisions and inserts a laparoscope. Using the device, the surgeon pushes back the hernia, covers it with a mesh, and then seals the incisions.
The cost of inguinal hernia surgery in Hyderabad city may range from INR 55000 to INR 260000. The price may differ from person to person depending on factors like the consultation fee of the doctor, the severity of the condition, the hospital charges, and other miscellaneous expenses.)
Inguinal hernia surgery can be done either through open or laparoscopic surgery. Depending upon your condition, the doctor will decide which method should you opt for.
Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive approach to repair a hernia where the laparoscopic surgeon uses not more than 3 very small incisions. The surgeon inserts a laparoscope through the incision which provides a detailed view of the inside of the abdomen. The protruded hernia is pushed back and the abdominal wall is strengthened with a mesh to prevent the chances of occurrence of an inguinal hernia in the future. In recent times, more and more healthcare experts are shifting towards leveraging laparoscopic or minimally invasive hernia repair surgery clearly for the benefits of the procedure. Some of the key benefits of the surgical procedure are:
– Unlike conventional surgery for inguinal hernia treatment, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery involves much smaller incisions. As such, the chances of scars and wounds are minimal too.
– A person undergoing open surgery for inguinal hernia repair requires at least two weeks to recover fully and resume his or her regular tasks. However, recovery in the case of laparoscopic surgery is much simpler and faster. Since the surgery does not involve any major cuts, the person can get back to regular work life in just 3-4 days.
– The chances of risks and complications in the case of a laparoscopic is much lesser than in open surgery for inguinal hernia repair. If the patient diligently follows the advice and post-operative care tips given by the doctor, there is a very good chance that the patient may recover well without any complications. If you are suffering from symptoms that indicate the presence of an inguinal hernia, you can consult with experienced inguinal hernia doctors in the Hyderabad and undergo effective laparoscopic surgical treatment.
Like any other health problem, hernia too gets worse if treatment is not provided in time. What starts as a simple bulge, may get worse over time and turn into something serious if not provided with adequate treatment. Delaying inguinal hernia treatment may result in severe complications such as hernia strangulation, incarceration of hernias and even intestinal blockage. The hernia in all conditions may not get larger if not provided with treatment, but it will surely not grow smaller. The risks of an untreated inguinal hernia never come with warning signs. Whether it’s the incarceration of an inguinal hernia or strangulation, the complications appear suddenly, which often needs the patient to be rushed to the hospital in an emergency.
If you do not treat inguinal hernia in time, it may become challenging to manage the hernia, the inguinal hernia may become painful and the patient may even face difficulty to move or walk even a short distance. Pristyn Care doctors for inguinal hernia treatment never advise waiting with the inguinal hernia symptoms or delaying its treatment at any cost. Our expert inguinal hernia doctors always recommend the patients to undergo surgical treatment when the symptoms are at the initial stage because sooner or later, the patient has to undergo surgery to treat the inguinal hernia.
Pristyn Care houses some of the top hernia specialists of the country who have years of experience in delivering laparoscopic surgical treatment for inguinal hernia with a success rate. Pristyn Care is associated with the top hospitals in the that are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities required to perform advanced surgeries for inguinal hernia treatment.
General Surgeons / Laparoscopic Surgeons working with Pristyn Care do a thorough consultation in the case of every patient to understand the health condition and then determine the minimally invasive approach for inguinal hernia treatment.
Pristyn Care strives to make the whole surgical experience for every patient a seamless one. To ease out the commuting process for our patients, we also provide free cab facilities to bring you from home to the hospital and help you return back home after the surgery. A free-of-cost follow-up is provided to the patients within the first seven days after the surgery. Consult with Pristyn Care inguinal hernia doctors who are experts in delivering the best surgical healthcare ensuring effective outcomes with almost zero complications.
1. Direct inguinal hernia
Direct inguinal hernias are the second most common type of hernia that appears in the groin. A direct inguinal hernia appears directly in the medial from the superficial epigastric blood vessels in the groin area. Similar to any other form of hernia, a direct hernia also involves a defect in a weak spot in the abdominal wall.
2. Indirect inguinal hernia
An indirect inguinal hernia is lateral in nature, which means they occur outside the epigastric vessels. Indirect inguinal hernias travel along the inguinla canal. These hernias often result from birth defects or premature births. But it can also occur in people of any other age group. Males are more susceptible to developing indirect inguinal hernias.
3. Incarcerated inguinal hernia
When an intestinal or abdominal tissue gets trapped in the hernia sac and cannot be pushed back, it causes incarcerated hernia. It is very difficult to make an incarcerated hernia return to its original compartment. An incarcerated hernia is a common emergency condition.
4. Strangulated inguinal hernia
A strangulated inguinal hernia is a life-threatening condition where the blood supply to the hernia tissues is cut off. When a hernia becomes strangulated, it causes the following signs:
Anyone who suspects hernia strangulation should seek medical help without delay.
Treatment: Inguinal Hernia
Nageswarao recommended our service
Super response by the doctor He has explained very good presentation Mr hemanth has referred me Special thanks to him by guide me to good surgeon Thanks to Preston group ðŸ™
Treatment: Inguinal Hernia
Naresh recommended our service
Its amazing experience with abdul moid sir.. his explantion towards my problem was good
G CHANDRA SHEKHAR
Treatment: Inguinal Hernia
G CHANDRA SHEKHAR recommended our service
Optimal care and brilliant services. I didn't have to worry about anything during my inguinal hernia treatment. A big thanks to Pristyn Care, the doctor, and their team.
Book Your FREE Consultation Now
Consult with our expert surgeon for more than 50+ diseases
Once you share your details, our care coordinator will get in touch with you.
The coordinator will understand your symptoms and health condition in detail.
Your consultation will be scheduled at the earliest.
Thanks for booking!
Our care coordinator will call you shortly.
Get much more with Pristyn Care App
Book Slot for Covid Precaution Dose
Access/Share your and family’s Vaccination Certificate anytime
Create your Ayushman Bharat health account