The cost of inguinal hernia in Chennai varies for each patient depending upon various factors that may impact the cost. The common components that may affect the final cost of inguinal hernia surgery in Chennai are mentioned below:
- Technique of the surgery (open, laparoscopic, robotic hernia surgery)
- Choice of the hospital where you undergo the surgery
- The city in which you undergo the surgery. Ideally, the price of surgery in metro cities is higher than that in Tier II and Tier III cities.
- Hospital related expenses (admission, stay, discharge and other basic amenities)
- Doctor's experience may affect the cost of the surgery. The consultation cost of an experienced doctor is likely to be more than someone who is less experienced.
- The hernia mesh used may also affect the cost of the inguinal hernia (polyester, polypropylene, coated material or animal-derived).