Why Consider Undergoing Hymenoplasty from Pristyn Care?
We believe in helping patients get rid of their illness or getting a procedure that can improve their well-being as soon as possible. Not only to provide treatment at the earliest but also to ensure that they don’t face any unnecessary obstacles. A hassle-free and smooth patient journey is what we aspire our patients to experience when they choose to get treated by us. For this, we take care of the following for our patients-
- Assistance available round-the-clock to answer any query related to the treatment
- Hundred percent confidential consultation and treatment
- 100% safety against COVID-19 infection at all our clinics
Confidential Consultations With Gynaecologists of Pristyn Care
Speaking with the doctor freely is an integral part of ensuring that hymen reconstruction surgery is successful. However, often women are unable to speak their minds due to several reasons. We understand this pain point and guarantee that the consultation with the gynaecologist is completed under complete privacy. The diagnosis and associating details remain only between the doctor and the patients.
Speaking of the qualifications of our doctors, each of them have all the right skills, required medical qualifications and years of experience. Moreover, their aesthetic sense is so strong as well as their minute attention to detail has ensured the hymen is restored similar to the one in its original state. Therefore, women are highly satisfied with the results of the surgery. In addition to this, we onboard doctors who use up-to-date diagnostic tools to diagnose and treat the patient as earliest as possible.
How to prepare for hymenoplasty?
- Choose the right doctor: While hymenoplasty can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, an OB-GYN with experience in cosmetic gyne surgeries is the safest choice.
- Carry age-proof: As an eligibility criteria, you are required to be at least 18+ years of age before undergoing hymenoplasty. This is why we suggest you carry your age proof along.
- Know your rights: You do not need approval from your partner/ parent in case of hymenoplasty or any cosmetic surgeries. Your own written consent is enough. (Provided, you are above 18 years of age. )
However, we encourage you to discuss your needs, and expectations thoroughly. This would help you make a better and informed decision.
- Discuss your current health and medications: We suggest you thoroughly discuss your health, current medications and supplements (if any) with your doctor. You might be required to stop taking some medications before the procedure, else they risk interfering with the healing.
- Keep a track: Keep a detailed track of your period cycle and go prepared on your last 3-4 menstrual dates and days of periods. This would help you plan the right time for the treatment. The best time to plan hymenoplasty is 2 days after your last period cycle.
What are the risks of hymenoplasty procedure?
When performed under safe medical conditions and by trained gynecologists, hymenoplasty is a typically safe and minimum risk surgery. However, as with any surgery, hymenoplasty too comes with a few risks of complications. These include-
- Prolonged bleeding
- Pelvic/ vaginal infection
- Anaesthetic complications
Please note that these complications are extremely rare and commonly treatable with minimally invasive surgery.
What are the different types of hymen?
Hymens come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all hymen. There are five different types of hymen, according to medical classification:
- Normal – Commonly hymens have a crescent-shaped entrance
- Cribriform hymen – Hymen with numerous small apertures for menstrual blood to flow through.
- Imperforate hymen – Hymen with no opening.
- Micro perforated hymen – Hymen with a tiny aperture
- Septate hymens have a thin tissue band running through the middle.
Can virginity pills or hymen repair kits give a virginity effect?
No. In fact, you must refrain from such over-the-counter products as they may do more harm than good. Vagina, as you know, is a very delicate and sensitive organ. Inserting anything while the ingredients are not researched, may disturb its Ph balance and cause dryness. This would then risk tear or rupture during intercourse and itchiness and bacterial infection afterward.
If you seek a reconstructed hymen, hymen repair is the best, most common, and medically verified method. It is:
- Less than the 30-minute procedure
- Has no major risks/ complications
- The scars are undetectable after 1-2 months.
What kind of aftercare is required following a hymenoplasty procedure?
After your procedure, your doctor may recommend a few hours of monitoring. If there are no issues, you will be discharged within 2-3 hours and you will be able to return to work within 2-4 days.
Some post-care tips that may help you are:
- As you clean your vaginal area, do not wipe. Only gently pat dry.
- Keep the area clean and free of moisture.
- If you experience any itching or swelling as you heal, we suggest you use warm compresses and ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- Avoid head shower or extended baths for atleast 2–3 days after.
- You must not have sex for at least 8 weeks after the procedure.
- As you bleed/ menstruate, use only soft sanitary pads. Do not use tampons/ anything penetrative in nature.
- Do not eat anything too spicy. It could trigger irritation and inflammation in your gastrointestinal pipe.
- Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
How to choose the best doctor for your hymenoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in hymenoplasty surgery.
- Read through the net and different patient reviews thoroughly. You could also confirm through third-party sites.
- Have a direct consultation with your doctor. See how patiently they listen, and understand your specific needs and requirements. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing hymenoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before hymenoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with hymenoplasty surgery?
- Does hymenoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a hymenoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- When can I resume my sex life after hymenoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the hymenoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after hymenoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?