How is laparoscopic surgery performed?
The general surgeon recommends laparoscopic surgery due to its advanced approach, faster recovery, and minimally invasive nature. The procedure is performed with extreme precision to reduce the chances of infections and obtain the best results. Here are the steps involved-
- The anesthesiologist administers general anesthesia to help the patient fall asleep. This ensures a painless procedure.
- Next, the surgeon makes small incisions, similar to the size of a keyhole, and inserts a medical device called a laparoscope.
- The general surgeon inflates the abdomen with gas to allow the passage of instruments without harming the abdominal wall.
- A laparoscope provides live images of the organs and tissues in the abdomen and guides the surgeon through the procedure.
- The surgeon locates the disease and treats it accordingly, and the wound is shut using surgical sutures.
Sometimes, the abdominal wall may lose strength due to several factors such as multiple pregnancies, excess strain in the abdomen, etc. In that case, the surgeon uses a medical device called a surgical mesh to add extra strength to the abdominal wall and prevent the recurrence of disease in the future.
What are the advantages of laparoscopic surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery is a daycare surgery that means the patient can go home within 24 hours after the surgery. It is an advanced procedure to treat diseases related to the abdomen with high precision and a high success rate. Some of the advantages of laparoscopic treatment for different diseases are –
- Small incision, similar to the size of a keyhole
- Negligible pain during the procedure
- Minimal blood loss
- Almost no post-operative scars
- Short hospital stays
- Faster recovery
- Almost no chances of recurrence
- Reduced risk of infections
- Resume work within a week
What to expect after undergoing Laparoscopic Surgery?
The recovery time can differ depending on the medical condition of the patient and the type of laparoscopic surgery. The patient usually takes around one to two weeks to fully recover after the surgery. Here is what you can expect after your laparoscopic surgery at home –
- The patient may feel moderate pain in the areas around the incisions. However, pain and discomfort should improve within a few days.
- Sometimes, the gas used to inflate the abdomen during the procedure can remain inside in small amounts causing bloating, cramps, or shoulder pains.
However, these symptoms do not last for more than one or two days after your body has absorbed the remaining gas.
Benefits of choosing Pristyn Care for laparoscopic surgery in Ghaziabad.
Pristyn Care is associated with some of the best healthcare institutes and multi-specialty hospitals in Ghaziabad. We aim to ease the process of accessing laparoscopic surgeries for every individual at minimal costs. Our general surgeons and specialists have years of experience in laparoscopic treatment with a success rate of over 90%. Advantages of choosing Pristyn Care are –
- Highly experienced laparoscopic surgeons- Our team of laparoscopic experts has years of experience in performing advanced surgeries for a success rate of over 95%. In addition, our doctors offer comprehensive treatment to all our patients to guide them through the course of the procedure and make them aware of the risks involved.
- Assistance in insurance approval- Laparoscopic surgeries are done to treat health conditions that can otherwise cause life-threatening conditions. Therefore, most health insurance companies cover the entire cost of surgery. Pristyn Care assists with the insurance approval for laparoscopic surgery within 30 minutes. However, the insurance approval depends on the type of your insurance policy and the terms and conditions set by the insurance provider.
- No cost EMI- Pristyn Care offers various modes of payment for laparoscopic surgeries at no cost EMI. In addition, we accept credit cards and cash payments for the procedure.
- Free pick-up and drop facility- Pristyn Care provides free cab services for pick-up and drop-off to each patient within the city on the day of hernia surgery.
- Free follow-up consultation- Pristyn Care provides free follow-up consultation along with proper diet charts to all the patients after the laparoscopic surgery for a faster recovery.
- COVID-19 safe environment – Pristyn Care ensures proper sanitization of all the OTs and clinics before each surgery to curb the spread of the COVID. It is our top priority to maintain excellent hygiene and social distancing while providing a seamless patient experience.
How to book an appointment for laparoscopic surgery at Pristyn Care in Ghaziabad?
- You can fill out the patient form on our website www.pristyncare.com. Once your appointment form is submitted, a team of medical coordinators will reach out to you at the earliest and fix an appointment with the laparoscopic specialist according to your schedule.
- You can also directly connect with our medical coordinators through the contact number on our website. The medical coordinator will listen to your query and connect you with the laparoscopic doctor near your area and book an appointment consecutively.
- You can also book an appointment through our Pristyn Care app. Our team of medical coordinators will arrange an offline or online consultation with the doctor.