Safe and effective phimosis treatment in Ghaziabad
Phimosis occurs when the foreskin of the penis becomes very tight and gets stuck over the head of the penis. In phimosis, the foreskin cannot be pulled back to expose the head of the penis. Phimosis may sometimes resolve on its own but if it causes other symptoms as well, such as pain during urination and erections, it is time to see a urologist for phimosis treatment. Phimosis will not resolve on its own but may get worse without treatment. If you have symptoms of phimosis, you should not delay consulting a urologist for medical assistance.
On your urology consultation appointment at Pristyn Care, the urologist will ask you some questions about your condition. You can expect the urologist to ask you questions like
- When did you first start noticing phimosis symptoms?
- Have you had phimosis or other tight foreskin problems before?
- Is urination and sexual activities painful?
- Have you had balanitis or other penile infections in the recent past?
- Do you have symptoms of urinary tract infections?
- Have you tried home remedies like steroid creams or foreskin stretching exercises? If yes, for how long and did phimosis seem to get better with those?
The urologist will also do a physical diagnosis to find out the degree and severity of phimosis. Only after a thorough diagnosis of phimosis can the urologist suggest the most suitable treatment option to cure phimosis fast.
Phimosis treatment will mainly depend on the degree of phimosis and if the patient also has other conditions such as balanitis or recurrent urinary tract infections. Mild cases of phimosis can be treated with steroids cream or ointment, stretching exercises and medications. Doing stretching exercises for phimosis is not advised for severe phimosis as the stretching of the foreskin may lead to further tearing and scarring. The patient will need to use the steroid cream for phimosis for a long period and regularly. Generally, doctors suggest applying the phimosis cream at least twice a day, for 6 to 8 weeks. The main drawback of phimosis creams is that the patient will need to regularly use those creams for a long period of time before he gets any relief. Also, recurrence of phimosis is also high when treated with steroid cream as they may not successfully cure phimosis completely, causing recurrence. For some men, phimosis may cause problems with the sex life as well.
If nonsurgical treatment methods have failed to cure phimosis, you should consider surgical options. Circumcision surgery, which involves removal of the foreskin is the most successful and quick way to cure phimosis.
Undergo pain-free and scar-less circumcision in Ghaziabad from Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care’s experienced and skilled surgeons specialise in minimally invasive laser circumcision, which is a pain-free and scar-less circumcision procedure. In laser circumcision, the surgeon uses a laser device to accurately cut the foreskin without causing much tissue damage. Use of laser energy to cut the foreskin allows minimal inoperative and postoperative blood loss and pain and allows a faster recovery.
The patient will be given anesthesia (general, local or spinal) before the procedure. The urologist will then cut the foreskin with the laser device. The procedure takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The patient will be discharged after a couple of hours, when the anesthesia wears off. You can take a bath the next day but avoid using soaps or harsh washes for cleaning your groin area for some days. Most patients are comfortable returning to work and regular life after 1 or 2 days of their circumcision surgery.
Who can benefit from circumcision surgery?
Most adult circumcisions are carried out for medical reasons or for personal reasons like for better hygiene or aesthetic reasons. Circumcision is often suggest to an adult male to treat conditions such as-
- Phimosis- The condition when the foreskin is too tight and cannot be pulled back to its regular position. Phimosis can make sex and urination painful and can also lead to infections.
- Paraphimosis- In paraphimosis, the foreskin becomes too tight and gets stuck in the retracted position. Paraphimosis is a medical emergency and causes pain and swelling of the penis.
- Balanitis- Recurrent infection of the foreskin and the head of the penis is balanitis. Balanitis can often occur as a result of untreated phimosis.
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO): BXO is an uncommon condition in which the foreskin turns white, gets thick, and is very difficult to pull back.
- Penile cancer or precancerous tumours
If your doctor has suggested circumcision surgery, you should not delay the surgery as delayed treatment will give rise to more complications. Book an appointment with the best urologist for circumcision in Ghaziabad.
Book an appointment at Pristyn Care, the best clinic for circumcision in Ghaziabad
To book an appointment with top urologists at the best circumcision clinic in Ghaziabad, you can call on the number provided or fill the form on the top and bottom of this page. One of our medical coordinators will get in touch with you and assist you in booking your appointment at the nearest Pristyn Care clinic for laser or stapler circumcision in Ghaziabad.