Undergo the anal fistula laser surgery from the best doctors at Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care in Kanpur houses several doctors or proctologists who are well experienced and trained in diagnosing and treating anal fistula. All the proctologists at Pristyn Care perform laser anal fistula surgery with minimal or no risk of infection and post-surgical complications. All the doctors at Pristyn Care wear PPE kits to avoid the contamination of COVID-19.
Pristyn Care, Proctologists in Kanpur, can provide a suitable treatment for your anal fistulas based on your overall health condition. If you want to get diagnosed by the best proctologists in your nearest location, you can visit Pristyn Care.
Benefits of the safest and advanced laser treatment for anal fistula
Laser treatment for anal fistula is a modern practice that is an effective and safest way to cure anal fistulas. Some of the benefits of laser anal fistula treatment are:
- Doesn’t involve any cuts, wounds, or stitches
- Minimal or no scar formation
- Takes about 30-45 minutes [saves time compared to open surgery]
- A patient can get discharged either on the same day of the surgery or within 24-48 hours [depends on the overall health condition of the patient]
- Damage to the surrounding healthy tissues is zero as the laser beam can be controlled precisely by the proctologist or surgeon
- Preserves the function of the anal sphincter
- No risk of bleeding, infection, and clotting
If you wish to know more details about anal fistula laser surgery or to undergo the best and safest laser fistula treatment, you can book an appointment with the proctologists at Pristyn Care.
How is Pristyn Care associated with top hospitals?
In Kanpur, several hospitals provide medical and healthcare services to treat anal fistulas. Pristyn Care is one of the best healthcare providers that offers laser anal fistula surgery at an affordable cost. Pristyn Care is associated with top hospitals in Kanpur to provide the best-in-class medical care to all patients. All the hospitals associated with Pristyn Care are highly equipped with the latest and advanced medical devices, diagnostic tools, and surgical instruments.
All the Pristyn Care hospitals follow high standards of healthcare guidelines and provide the highest quality of patient care to all individuals at an affordable cost. We follow the WHO recommended safety measures like regular sanitization of medical equipment and thermal screening of all people who enter and leave the hospital.
Recovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surgical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.