What are the different types of liposuction?
The different types of liposuction that are most effective in removing fat from various parts of the body are:
- Tumescent Liposuction- It is a traditional technique that involves using a large volume of lidocaine and epinephrine. These solutions are injected into the subcutaneous fat tissues to make them swell. Then the cannula is used to emulsify the fat, and the tissues are removed through vacuum suction.
- Power-assisted Liposuction- As the name suggests, this technique involves using a special type of cannula that moves in a back-and-forth or to-and-fro direction and is operated with a machine. This type of liposuction is used to remove fat from difficult areas or in the case where the patient has had liposuction surgery previously. It can also be used to transfer large volumes of fat from one area to another to give precise results.
- Laser-assisted Liposuction- This is a modern type of liposuction in which laser technology is used to burn or melt fat deposits. A laser probe is inserted in the targeted area and removed slowly while it emits heat energy that breaks down the fat. Lastly, the suction device is used to extract the fat safely.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction- It is another form of minimally invasive liposuction that involves using ultrasound energy to get rid of the fat. A third-generation UAL device is used to melt the fat tissues, and they are extracted through a special vacuum device. While the tumescent and power-assisted liposuction serves only as fat removal treatment, the advanced techniques, i.e., laser & VASER liposuction, also help to improve the skin. These modern treatments will boost collagen production that will give a smoother finish to the skin after fat removal. You can discuss the pros and cons of each liposuction technique with an expert plastic surgeon and pick the one that is best for you.
Why choose Pristyn Care to undergo liposuction surgery in Kanpur?
Pristyn Care is one of the leading healthcare providers in Kanpur. We leverage the modern laser and VASER techniques along with others to help the person get rid of stubborn body fat in an effective way. Along with providing advanced treatment, we also cover all aspects of treatment for the patients, including:
- Connecting the patients with the best liposuction surgeons in Kanpur
- Making appointments at the nearest clinic for consultations
- Booking diagnostic tests and offering discounts
- Providing a free cab service for travel on the day of surgery
- No-Cost EMI service with a flexible payment system
- Free post-surgery follow-up consultation and recovery guide With all these services, Pristyn Care simplifies the surgical experience of the patients. Overall, we provide round-the-clock assistance to the patients and ensure that they don’t face any problems throughout the treatment journey.
How can I prevent fat accumulation after having liposuction surgery?
Once you’ve had liposuction surgery, the doctor will advise you to make significant changes in your overall lifestyle. These changes will ensure that fat doesn’t accumulate in the area that was treated through liposuction. The changes you’ll have to make are given below:
- Dietary Changes- Reduce your calorie intake to ensure that you don’t gain body fat. Eat smaller meals multiple times a day to keep your stomach full and reduce your intake of carbohydrates and sugar. Switch to a high-protein diet that will boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories.
- Physical Activities- Exercising is another way to prevent subcutaneous fat from depositing after liposuction surgery. When you exercise, you burn the extra calories in your body that make it easier for you to stay in shape and prevent fat from depositing in different parts of your body.
- Mental Health- For many people, mental health is also a big contributor to fat deposition. Mental stress is one of the major causes of hormonal imbalance, which results in fat accumulation. Therefore, it is important that you manage your stress levels to prevent becoming fat after having liposuction surgery.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care’s liposuction surgeons in Kanpur?
You can book an appointment with Pristyn Care’s best liposuction surgeons in Kanpur in any of the following ways:
- You can call us on the number given at the top and talk to our medical coordinators to schedule an appointment with the experts.
- Fill the “Book Appointment” form and submit your details. Our medical coordinators will get back to you and discuss the date and time for the consultation according to your convenience.
- Download the Pristyn Care- Consult Doctors application on your phone and explore the list of best plastic surgeons in Kanpur. Confirm the appointment with the doctor personally. You can also choose to consult with the expert liposuction surgeon online to discuss the fat removal options in detail.
Important statistics on liposuction:
- Liposuction is the most common aesthetic procedure performed in India.
- In India, 64.7% of surgeons use suction-assisted liposuction, 25.5% of surgeons use power-assisted liposuction, and only 9.8% of surgeons use ultrasound-assisted liposuction.
- In 2018, a total of 73,347 liposuction surgeries were performed in India. This accounts for 18.8% of all procedures performed in the respective year.
- India ranks number 4 on a global level for liposuction and accounts for 4.2% of total procedures.
- Worldwide, liposuction is the second most common cosmetic procedure after breast augmentation.
- The top three countries with the maximum number of liposuction surgeries are the USA (16.5%), Brazil (14.3%), and Mexico (5.2%).
- Out of all the surgical procedures done by plastic surgeons, around 1,732,620 were liposuction that accounted for 16.3%. And among the 16.3%, 1,482,395 cases were females and 250,225 cases were males.
- Ideally, around 5 liters (volume) or 11 pounds of fat can be removed safely through liposuction.
- The overall complication rate of liposuction is 5% approximately with the complications being minor.
How to prepare for liposuction surgery or lipoplasty?
Lipoplasty is the other name of liposuction surgery. Lipoplasty does not require in depth preparation. But you need to do a thorough research, find the best doctor and determine the best line of treatment.
- The first and the most important thing that you need to do if you are preparing for liposuction treatment is finding a board-certified surgeon who can help you undergo the treatment without any risk and complications.
- The liposuction surgeon is likely to recommend certain tests before you proceed with the treatment. Get the medical evaluation and lab tests done.
- Stop smoking when your surgery is planned. Smoking can alter the results of liposuction to a great extent.
- Take medications as prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid taking aspirin, any herbal supplements, anti-inflammatory medicines that can increase your risk of suffering from bleeding.