Top surgeons for pilonidal cyst treatment in Agra
A major part of our day-time is spent either sitting or standing. This has led to several diseases that were unheard before. Some of these include pilonidal cysts, varicose veins, fissures or fistulas. Pristyn Care excels in providing patient care by providing painless procedures, easy insurance claims, post-surgery exercises, and diet plans. Our vast network of medical coordinators is available round-the-clock to serve our patients with help in any form. Our clinics are equipped with cutting-edge technology which ensures pilonidal sinuses are cured permanently. Pristyn Care medical specialists are specially trained for laser surgeries hence, the success rate is very high.
Pristyn Care assures painless laser based surgeries
Laser surgeries are highly recommended by doctors for pilonidal sinus treatment in Agra. Laser-based surgeries are not only approved by the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration but are also painless. It involves minimum incisions into the body. Neither the patients need to visit the doctor regularly nor do they require daily dressings. Pristyn Care has a vast experience of successfully completing surgeries in the field of Laparoscopy, Proctology, Gynaecology, E.N.T, and Urology.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.