The cost of umbilical hernia in Mumbai is not definite at all clinics and hospitals in Mumbai. The cost may vary from patient to patient depending upon various factors that may impact the cost. The common components that may affect the final cost of umbilical hernia surgery in Mumbai are mentioned below:
- The method of umbilical hernia surgery (open, laparoscopic, robotic hernia surgery)
- The hospital where you undergo the surgery (private, govt or multispecialty)
- The consultation fee of the surgeon. More the experience and expertise of the doctor, higher the consultation fee.
- The city in which you undergo the surgery. Ideally, the price of surgery in metro cities is higher than that in Tier II and Tier III cities.
- Miscellaneous expenses at hospital (admission, stay, discharge and other basic amenities)
- The hernia mesh used may also affect the cost of the umbilical hernia (polyester, polypropylene, coated material or animal-derived).