What factors should be considered while choosing an ENT doctor?
While choosing an ENT doctor, you should consider the following factors:-
- Qualifications: ENT is a very specific field and you can’t just visit your family doctor or general practitioner for treatment. Make sure your doctor has specialized in ENT treatment and is certified in the specific treatment you need.
- Read their patient reviews and testimonials: Go online and check out reviews left by their previous patients. If possible, reach out to them in real life and ask about their treatment experience.
- Check your insurance: Check whether the doctor or the ENT hospital (or ENT clinic) they are associated with is aligned with your insurance provider.
- Get a second opinion: If you are unsure about the treatments suggested by your primary caregiver, connect with another ENT doctor to get a second opinion.
- Make sure it is convenient for you to visit the doctor: It might be difficult for you to visit the doctor. If it is not possible for you to go to their clinic, then check whether they can provide you with a virtual appointment.
- Ask for referrals: If you have any friends or relatives who’ve had similar experiences, then ask for their referrals.
How to prepare for ENT surgery?
Follow the given tips to prepare for ENT surgery:
- Make sure your insurance claim process is sorted before the surgery. After the surgery, your entire focus should be on your recovery.
- Get a pre-operative consultation with your ENT surgeon. Ask him about any questions or doubts you have left in your mind and get pre-operative tests to make sure you are fit enough to receive the surgery.
- If you are taking any medicines regularly, then consult your doctors about those. Generally, patients are advised against taking pain medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen and blood thinners in the week preceding the surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least eight hours prior to your surgery.
- Make sure you have arranged for someone to drive you home, especially if you are undergoing daycare surgery.
- There may be some additional instructions and precautions you may need to take based on the specific procedure you are undergoing.
How can one improve recovery after ENT surgery?
You can improve your recovery after ENT surgery by following a few simple tips such as:
- There may be a little bleeding or discharge for about 24 hours after the surgery. Keep a cotton gauze pad under your nose for the first few days after surgery.
- Sleep with your head elevated for a few days with the help of extra pillows. This helps reduce postoperative swelling and helps recover faster.
- Take your medicines, i.e., painkillers and antibiotics as prescribed. Do not self-medicate with non-prescription medicines as that may lead to further complications.
- Follow up with your doctor after a week to get the sutures removed and make sure you are recovering properly without any complications.
- Flush your nasal/sinus cavity with salt water to help heal better.
- Do not blow your nose for at least 10 days after the surgery and avoid any strenuous activities for at least a couple of weeks.
- Drink plenty of fluids and follow a healthy diet. Do not smoke.
- Do not travel by airplane for at least a few weeks or without approval from your doctor.
- There may be additional tips that your ENT doctor may provide you based on the nature of your surgery.
ENT diseases and disorders treated by doctors at Pristyn Care:
Several ENT experts practice at Pristyn Care who help in treating ENT diseases like adenoiditis [inflammation of adenoids], nasal infection, breathing difficulties, inflammation of the throat, tonsillitis [inflammation of tonsils], middle ear infection [otitis media], tinnitus [ringing or buzzing noise in one or both ears], sinusitis, hearing loss, sleep apnea, nasal obstruction, snoring, deviated nasal septum, etc.
Types of ENT surgeries performed at Pristyn Care:
Surgeries that Pristyn Care ENT surgeons have expertise in performing with extreme precision include adenoidectomy, FESS, tympanoplasty, stapedectomy, tonsillectomy, myringotomy, tympanomastoidectomy, ossicular reconstruction, turbinate reduction, nasal valve reduction, septoplasty, laryngoplasty, and thyroidectomy. If you want to get treated for any ENT disease and to undergo any of the above-mentioned surgeries, you can consult our ENT doctors by booking an appointment.
How is Pristyn Care associated with top hospitals?
Pristyn Care is associated with more than four hundred [400+] hospitals and clinics all over India. Some of the reputed hospitals associated with Pristyn Care are:
- Delhi: Apollo Health and Lifestyle Limited [AHLL] Spectra Hospital, Sunrise Hospital, Triton Hospital, Lifeaid Medical Centre, Jyoti Hospital, Ahooja Eye and Dental Centre, Irene Hospital
- Gurgaon: Apollo Health and Lifestyle Limited [AHLL] Spectra Hospital, Origin Hospital, and Ahooja Eye and Dental Centre
- Mumbai: Sugun Hospital, Horizon Prime Hospital, Universal Hospital, Kripa Hospital, Surana Hospital, and Parakh Hospital
- Pune: Vitalife Medipoint Hospital, and Divine Superspeciality Hospital, Chellaram Hospital, Vitalife Medipoint Hospital, and Apollo Trauma Center
- Hyderabad: Deccan hospital, Citizen hospital, Srujana Hospital, Endoviz Hospital, Sunshine Hospital, and Sri Sigma Hospital
- Bangalore: Sparsh Hospital, Apollo Health and Lifestyle Limited [AHLL] Spectra Hospital, Vasavi Hospital, Smile Needs Dental Clinic, Phoenix Hospital, and Q Medical Center
Apart from the above mentioned hospitals, we have tied up with many other hospitals all over India. To check the list of hospitals, you can visit our official website.
All of the partnered hospitals are well equipped with the most advanced and latest medical equipment, diagnostic tools, and surgical tools. By partnering with these top hospitals and clinics, we provide the international standard of healthcare to all the patients at an affordable cost. Our highly expert doctors and surgeons in the top hospitals of each locality work with both medical and non-medical staff to provide a world-class surgical experience to all the patients.
Why choose or visit Pristyn Care for ENT treatment:
Our doctors at Pristyn Care provide an appropriate treatment course that focuses on preventing and curing the type of ENT disease you are suffering from. Pristyn Care is chosen because of its benefits like:
- Several well educated and trained ENT doctors practice at Pristyn Care.
- Provides the best and latest ENT surgical treatments with minimal scars and complications
- All the surgical methods and instruments used are USFDA approved.
- Our ENT experts help in minimizing the risk of infection during and after the ENT treatment.
- Pristyn Care provides cab facility for easy transportation to every patient on the day of the surgery.
- Allots a ‘care buddy’ who helps the patient in all formalities during the process of hospitalization
- Offers financing options like no-cost EMI and cashless payments.
- Provides free consultation after the surgery.
- Maintains high standards of safety measures like thermal screening of all patients regular sanitization of hospital equipment
- Doctors and other staff at our hospital and clinic wear PPE kits all the time to make sure every patient is safe from contaminating Covid-19 infections.
How to book an appointment with Pristyn Care ENT doctors?
To consult with our best ENT doctors, you need to book an appointment. Booking an appointment at Pristyn Care is easy and simple. You can book an appointment by calling the number provided above on this page or by filling the form that is popped up. Our coordinator will get back to you as early as possible and schedule your consultation with the nearest ENT doctor at the earliest. You can also have a virtual consultation with our ENT doctors from any device through the Pristyn Care app or website.