- George H. W. Bush– George H.W. Bush underwent hip replacement surgery at the age of 76 in the year 2000, while his wife, the former First Lady Barbara Bush got the same procedure three years before her husband.
- Billy Joel- Popstar Billy Joel got both his hips replaced in 2010 to correct congenital condition.
- Heston Blumenthal suffered some complications after he broke his leg at the age of 9 and then at the age of 15 during kickboxing. He underwent hip replacement surgery at the age of 47 to rectify the issue.
- Lady Gaga: The American pop icon underwent a major hip replacement surgery at the age of 27.
- Prince: America’s favorite purple paisley pixie Prince had a hi[ replacement surgery in his late 40s in the year 2008 after being exacerbated by the high-heeled boots he usually wears.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger had hip replacement surgery in the year 2002 and has had an artificial hip ever since.
- Jane Fonda– Jane Fonda had hip replacement surgery at the age of 67 in the year 2005. The actress also underwent knee replacement surgery and still maintains a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Bodybuilder Lou Ferringo got his hips and knees replaced.
- Metcon proponent and “Father of Paleo” Art DeVany had hip replacement surgery in 2014.
- Sir Alex Ferguson, Former Manchester United coach also had to get hip replacement surgery in 2013.
- Boris Becker had hip replacement surgery at the age of 46.
- Mary Lou Retton, then gold medal gymnast, had to get a hip replacement at the age of 37.
- Figure skater Rudy Galindo has undergone hip replacement surgery and competed with ceramic hips at the age of 33.