A prolapsed hemorrhoid is a common but serious disease. People with prolapsed hemorrhoids suffer from serious and painful consequences. This disease, if detected in the first stage, has treatment at home. But if the patient is on the second stage or further of prolapsed hemorrhoid, treatments at work will not help.
DIY Home remedies For First Stage Hemorrhoid
The patient with the first stage of prolapsed hemorrhoid can get relief by following the suggestions given below.
- Antibiotics or hemorrhoid products such as ointments or medicines containing hydrocortisone can help the patient get rid of prolapsed hemorrhoid in the first stage.
- Fiber-rich diet including legumes such as split peas, black beans, baked beans, etc., whole grains such as barley, oatmeal, brown rice, etc., vegetables such as green peas, broccoli, sprouts, etc. and fresh fruits including pineapple, apples, pears, raspberries, bananas, etc. help to get rid of prolapsed hemorrhoid in the first stage.
- Drinking a lot of water may help to get rid of prolapsed hemorrhoid if it is diagnosed in the first stage.
What is Prolapsed Hemorrhoid?
Presence of one or multiple lumps around the anus and the anal opening are indications of prolapsed hemorrhoid. It is visible as a protruding and bulging lump coming out of the anal opening. The lump is generally dark blue in color as it has accumulated blood or blood clots with swollen, inflamed blood vessels.
Causes of Prolapsed Hemorrhoid
- The pressure exerted during bowel movements. Such pressure further puts a strain on the blood vessels in the anus and around the anal opening. The swollen veins lead to the disease of Prolapsed Hemorrhoid.
- Spending a lot of time on the toilet seat in the attempt to pass stool. Sitting in such a position puts a lot of stress on the veins in the anus, further damaging them and leading to the condition of prolapsed hemorrhoid.
- Constant constipation
- Chronic Diarrhea
- During pregnancy, a lot of pressure is exerted as there is a lot of additional force exerted towards the anus because of carrying a child in the womb. Also, at the time of childbirth, because of pressure exerted to push the child out, the veins in the anus are damaged and swell up, which causes piles or prolapsed hemorrhoid.
- Anal intercourse can also harm the veins in the anus and cause prolapsed hemorrhoid.
- Insufficient intake of water
- Lack of fiber in the diet
- Passage of hard stool because of fiber and water insufficient diet.
Also Read: Why is there blood in your stool?
Permanent Cure for Prolapsed hemorrhoids
If detected in the first stage, prolapsed hemorrhoid can be cured by antibiotics or applying the ointments for the disease. Make sure you take a bit of professional medical advice before following any medication for hemorrhoids.
But, if the condition of the patient has worsened and the patient has gone past the first stage, the patient needs to get the prolapsed hemorrhoid removed surgically. Earlier, the open surgery for hemorrhoid used to scare the patients. But now, a patient does not need to worry about the pain and complications of the open surgery.
With the latest technology, laser treatment for hemorrhoids offer a permanent cure for hemorrhoids. The patient gets instant relief after the laser surgery treatment and feels no pain during or after the surgery.
Also Read: What to expect at first Appointment with Gynecologist?