Vaginal Discharge is the most common among women. One should not get worried if she discharges often. Although overly and fouls discharge is always a matter of tension. Women should diagnose the problem with the nearest Gynaecologist to check for the Causes and Prevention thereof. Here we have mentioned the possible causes, Treatments and Prevention techniques to stay away from the Vaginal Discharge.
- Use of antibiotics or steroids
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Yeast infections
- contraceptive pills
- Cervical cancer
- Pelvic infection after surgery
- sexually transmitted diseases
- Vaginal atrophy, the thinning and drying out of the vaginal walls in menopause
- Vaginitis, irritation in or around the vagina
Also Read: Is white discharge a sign of period coming?
Treatment of vaginal discharge depends on what’s causing the problem like yeast infections are generally treated with antifungal medications; bacterial vaginosis may be treated with antibiotic pills or creams. Trichomoniasis can be treated with the drug metronidazole. Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with gentle, mild soap and warm water.
- Keep your vagina clean, use gentle, mild soap and warm water.
- Avoid use of scented soaps and feminine products or douche.
- Always wipe from front to back to avoid bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
- Wear cotton underpants, and avoid tight clothing.
Also Read: What Causes Wet Vagina?