Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, is a disease that is caused due to swelling of veins in and around anus and rectum part of the body. it is highly necessary to live a healthy life for those who are suffering from the issue of piles in order to get rid of discomfort and stress caused due to this disease.
Internal and external are the two types of hemorrhoids that found in people. In internal cases, the symptoms develop inside the anus whereas in external, it develops under the skin around the anus. Piles can be controlled or cured if people change their lifestyle and take care of their diet. Small precautions can bring great results for the patient of piles. piles can happen because of the following causes like obesity, sedentary lifestyle, liver disease, constipation, and diarrhea. It is necessary for the patient of piles to take care of their health and should know all the consequences of this disease.
- Sitz bath is one of the most beneficial steps to get relief from pain or itching in the genital area. It is important for people to clean their anal area.
- To prevent piles to great extent, the digestive system plays an important role. It is good for people to take a good amount of liquids or water as it helps to cure the disease quickly and effectively.
- Patients should avoid junk & spicy food and go for a high fiber diet which includes green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Use moist toilet paper or baby wipes to clean the affected anal area instead of dry paper.
- Wear loose cotton clothes and be comfortable.
- Avoid sitting on the toilet and long reading newspaper or on mobile.
- Avoid drinking too much tea or coffee. avoid smoking.
- Choose the best position to sit when suffering from piles.
- Do go to the toilet when you feel the urge. Ignoring the need to go to washroom can increase constipation.
Some really helpful home remedies for piles
When to see a doctor
Above all, when lifestyle methods are not helping, or have failed to adequately manage symptoms, it becomes important to consult a doctor. Hemorrhoidectomy with laser is usually done on an outpatient basis, which means you go home the same day.
Also, if you have anal bleeding, immediately consult the doctor for examination. Testing can diagnose the underlying condition which may be rectal cancer, and the patient will be able to seek appropriate treatment.
It is highly important for people suffering from piles to consult with a good doctor or laser surgeon for proper treatment of this disease. It is always good to see a doctor before the problem can increase and lead to worse conditions.
Also Read: How do you Control Piles at the Start Stage?