We worry too much about our physical appearance. Spending most of our leisure time and money thinking about the betterment of aesthetic aspects and buying all those costly cosmetics available in the market is common today. But, lest we think about the health of internal elements of our body which may eventually affect our outer confidence.
The pelvic floor is one such area of our body that cannot be ignored. It not just improves the body posture but can deliver a whole host of benefits. Strengthening the pelvic floor can also make you feel more confident around people.
Importance of Pelvic strengthening exercises
- Strengthen the core: Abdominal muscles are superficial muscles that need to be strengthened from inside. Exercises for strengthening pelvic floor can give you a strong midsection and a flatter tummy. Building a strong core helps in strengthening the spine as well give you a good posture. This starts from the pelvic floor.
- Relieve back pain: When the core muscles are weak, other muscles must overcompensate. This directly impacts the body posture leading to frequent back pains. Pelvic strengthening exercises increase the core strength that ultimately supports back and relieves pain.
- Give control over bladder and bowel syndrome: Various degrees of bladder weakness that causes leaks during a cough, laugh or sneeze can be controlled with exercises that strengthen the pelvic floor.
It is important for you to know that the pelvic floor muscles hold all the important organs such as the bladder, uterus, and bowel in place. These muscles may get weak over time due to pregnancy, menopause, aging, intensive exercise, sports etc. Exercising these muscles can help prevent the resulting disorders.
- Improve orgasmic potential and sexual sensation. People with a strong pelvic floor can experience better orgasm.
- Prevent prolapse Prolapse is a condition when one or more pelvic organs get disturbed from its normal position, causing it to bulge against the vagina. If the pelvic muscles are strong, it will hold all its organs well in place avoiding such a situation.
You can perform simple pelvic floor exercises at home to strengthen your core and pelvic muscles.