Eating habits play a major role in our lifestyle. To prevent constipation, it is important to make the best possible changes in the eating habit which eventually improve constipation. To prevent constipation, you must make lifestyle changes along with changes in your daily routine. Without wasting time, start attempting the changes in the daily routine given below. A good lifestyle not only prevents constipation but improves your overall health.
Here are some of the habits to be developed in the daily routine
- Drink a glass of water right after you wake up
- Eat your meals around the same time each day
- Make sure to eat bran cereal for breakfast in the morning
- Practice a light exercise just as the walk after breakfast
- Take a 20-minute walk during your lunch break
- Eat high fiber foods including beans and legumes (Also read: Stool Softner Food)
- Pack some piece of fruits as a snack
- When you feel the bowel movement, use the washroom immediately, don’t hold it
- Try taking a class at a gym on a regular basis
- Get enough sleep
Also Read: Home Remedies To Cure Constipation
How does food help relieve constipation?
Among each of these habits, fiber diet is really important to get rid of the problem. Fiber diet helps the digestive system to easily move the stool and people can expel them comfortably. So some of the fiber dietary includes
- Whole wheat bread
- Bran flakes
- Shredded Wheat
- Beans and lentils
- Fruits, such as berries, apples, oranges, bananas, pears, raisins, figs, and prunes
- Vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, avocado, and peas
How yoga relieves constipation?
Yoga and exercise help ease abdominal pain and discomfort, especially for those who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Yoga manages stress and moves your digestive organs to increase the blood flow. This regulates the flow of food material inside the body, absorbing nutrients and allowing the waste material to come out with ease. Here are some yoga poses to relieve constipation:
Wind relieving pose
So, one can easily resolve the problem of constipation by just changing the daily routine lifestyle and adopting home remedies. You will see the major changes after adopting these lifestyle changes. And even after attempting these things, you don’t get a better result, then consult the doctor once. There may be some other digestive problem that you may have failed to notice.