Basic Facts About Cyst That Every Woman Should Know
A cyst is a fluid-filled sac that does not harm and within one or two months it goes away by itself. Most of the women develop cyst during their entire life and they are rarely cancerous in women under age 50. Cysts sometimes hurt but usually, they are painless. It has observed that often, a woman finds out about a cyst when she has a pelvic exam. If you are in your childbearing years or past menopause, have no symptoms, and have a fluid-filled cyst, you and your AOA doctor may choose to monitor the cyst. If you have pain then it may become important for you to get it operated first.
Is There Any Link Between Ovarian Cyst and Fertility?
There are some ovarian cysts that are associated with decreased fertility, but most of the cysts are not same.
Ovarian cysts that do not affect fertility include:
- Functional cysts are the most common type of ovarian cyst and they develop during the normal menstrual cycle and do not harm the woman in her fertility. In fact, functional cysts indicate the necessary functions that are required for the fertility are taking place.
- Cystadenomas develops in the ovary that arises from the surface of the ovaries. This kind of cysts definitely requires the treatment, but they do not affect the fertility.
- Dermoid cysts contain tissue such as skin, hair or even teeth and absence of fluid. Dermoid cysts are not associated with infertility.
Ovarian cysts that can affect fertility include:
- Endometriomas are cysts caused by endometriosis. It is a condition in which the tissue normally lining the uterus and grows outside the uterus. These cysts have a detrimental effect on fertility.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which many small cysts develop in the ovaries. It occurs due to irregular periods and high level of hormones. It contributes a lot of problem in women’s fertility.
Symptoms of Cysts Development
Most of the cysts are common in women’s lives and they do not even associate with infertility, but there are some cysts that do contribute to infertility to a woman. If such cysts are present, how to diagnose them
- Menstrual irregularities
- Pelvic pain — a constant or intermittent dull ache that may radiate to your lower back and thighs
- Pelvic pain shortly before your period begins or just before it ends
- Pelvic pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Pain during bowel movements or pressure on your bowels
- Nausea, vomiting or breast tenderness similar to that experienced during pregnancy
- Fullness or heaviness in your abdomen
- Pressure on your rectum or bladder that causes a need to urinate more frequently or difficulty emptying your bladder completely
It becomes important for a lady to get the problem diagnosed immediately if she faces
- Sudden, severe abdominal or pelvic pain
- Pain accompanied by fever or vomiting
These sign and symptoms should be diagnosed and if necessary, treatment should be given as they may impact infertility in women. So, be careful towards your life. If you are having te problem of Ovarian Cyst, Contact Dr. Garima Sawhney at Pristyn Care Laser Clinic to get the effective treatment of Ovarian Cyst in Gurgaon.
Pristyn Care Laser Clinic, 50 SP, Sector 45, Block C, Uday Nagar, Sector 45, Gurugram, Haryana 122003
Pristyn Care Laser Clinic, Care4U E 220, Block E, East of Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110065
Gurgaon: Golf Course Road, Shan Road, MG Road, Cyber Hub, DLF, Sushant Lok, Palam Colony, Sikanderpur, Sector- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 46, 47, 48, 38
South Delhi: Hauz Khas, Green Park, Jor Bagh, South Ex., Saket, Malviya Nagar, GK.
East Delhi: Mayur Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Padpad Ganj, Preet Vihar, Akshardham, Vaishali, Kaushambi, Vasundhra, Indirapuram, Geeta Colony, Shahdra, Shastru Nagar, Ghaziabad, Dilshad Garden
West Delhi: Pitampura, Shalimar bagh, Paschim Vihar, Rajouri garden, Moti Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Ramesh Nagar, Inderlok, Rohini, Punjabi Bagh, Subhash Nagar, Mayapuri, Tilak Nagar, Hari Nagar, Wazirpur, Karol Bagh, patel Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Civil Lines, GTB Nagar, Dwarka, Vasant Kunj, Uttam Nagar, Janakpuri, Najafgarh.
Noida: Sectors 15,18, 16, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31-37, 51-55, 70-73, 100, Arun Vihar, Niti Khand, Kaushambi,Vasundhar Enclave.
Copyright © 2018 pristyncare.com