For a Quick Recovery Post Abdominal Surgery!
Abdominal surgery indicates the surgical treatment on abdominal organs which includes stomach, small intestine, large intestine, gallbladder, appendix, liver, pancreas, spleen, and esophagus. Millions of people undergo abdominal surgery to overcome various disorders in the abdominal region. Healthy recovery from a surgery needs special care. It not only fastens up the recovery process but also prevents complications and uncomfort.
Nowadays, hospitals engage in protocols such as enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) for pain relief, preoperative diet, and postoperative exercises. This helps a patient to recover fast and reduce the chances of risk. However, there are a few steps that you can follow to relieve faster after abdominal surgery: -
- Walk a few steps:Taking a few steps every day while recovering from abdominal surgery can help pump more oxygen to the lungs reducing the risk of pneumonia which is a common risk after abdominal surgery. It also facilitates blood supply and lowers the chance of having blood clots.
- Try avoiding pain killers:Generally, doctors recommend a pain killer or an epidural injection to protect bowel function. However, you must try not to depend on these drugs and reduce its intake as they can slow down the intestinal function leading to constipation. It can increase recovery time.
- Increase the intake of fluids:Drink a lot of water and other liquids once your doctor allows you. You may also have coffee sometimes but don't miss water to avoid dehydration from caffeine.
- Chew gum:Chew gums can imitate that you are eating resulting the digestive system to function well. Abdominal surgery often slows down the digestive system.
- Use rocking chairs:It is better to sit than lying for a better recovery as sitting tends to open the lungs. A rocking chair engages you in additional activity benefiting your body.
Gurgaon: Golf Course Road, Shan Road, MG Road, Cyber Hub, DLF, Sushant Lok, Palam Colony, Sikanderpur, Sector- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 46, 47, 48, 38
South Delhi: Hauz Khas, Green Park, Jor Bagh, South Ex., Saket, Malviya Nagar, GK.
East Delhi: Mayur Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Padpad Ganj, Preet Vihar, Akshardham, Vaishali, Kaushambi, Vasundhra, Indirapuram, Geeta Colony, Shahdra, Shastru Nagar, Ghaziabad, Dilshad Garden
West Delhi: Pitampura, Shalimar bagh, Paschim Vihar, Rajouri garden, Moti Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Ramesh Nagar, Inderlok, Rohini, Punjabi Bagh, Subhash Nagar, Mayapuri, Tilak Nagar, Hari Nagar, Wazirpur, Karol Bagh, patel Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Civil Lines, GTB Nagar, Dwarka, Vasant Kunj, Uttam Nagar, Janakpuri, Najafgarh.
Noida: Sectors 15,18, 16, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31-37, 51-55, 70-73, 100, Arun Vihar, Niti Khand, Kaushambi,Vasundhar Enclave, Ghaziabad.
Punjab and Haryana,Rajisthan: Rewari, Rohtak, Bhiwadi, Sohna, Manesar, Karnal, Bhiwani, Sonipat, Panipat, Jind, Chandigarh, Jaipur