Apple juice is used to aid weight loss and as an ingredient often used for skin and hair treatment at home. For trying apple juice to dissolve your gallstones, you need to have knowledge of this six days plan.
Apple juice for gallstones: How can apple juice help in dissolving gallstones?
These are majorly two steps of actions that you need to stick to.
First five days
- You can eat 4-5 apples for the first 5 days. 5 apples each day have to be consumed under this plan, or,
- You can drink 4 glasses of apple juice for the first five days.
Now, what you have to take care of with the above two plans are as follows:
- Make it a point to intake a healthy diet. It should be balanced and full of all nutrients that are essential.
- The diet you consume should be high in fiber. Stick to your daily 30 grams of fiber requirement with the type of diet you choose. You can easily meet this requirement if you go for fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- You can accomplish your fiber intake goal by having 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Divide the portions and intake time into regular intervals as per your convenience.
- Make sure to have a diet that is low in fat.
- If you need to eat meat, do not have high-fat cuts of meat by any chance. That might disrupt the purpose and process of this cleansing diet. You should take lean meat.
- Avoid sugary fruits or carbonated sweeteners.
Now, on the last day, comes the part of lubricating the bladder so the gallstones could be easily passed out of it and flushed out of your body. This process will prepare your gallbladder to release the gallstones that were softened or dissolved to some extent due to the initial five days of apple juice routine. Following is the cleansing drink that you need to intake on the sixth day:
- Skip your evening meal. Instead, you have to drink a big cup of warm water along with a teaspoon of Epsom salt mixed in it. Stir it and have it in the warm state slowly. Repeat this process again after 1.5 hours. This will aid in releasing the gallstones.
- With your second drink of warm water and Epsom salt, you can try various combinations for proper lubrication that will help in releasing the bladder stones out of your bladder. You can add a tablespoon of sesame oil or olive oil in this drink. Else, you can mix lemon juice of a whole lemon in this drink.
- Mix the combination well before drinking it. It will play the role of the lubricator.
On the seventh day, you will have your bowel movement. And you might feel the stool consistency as that of diarrhea. That is quite normal and expected. You will observe stones with a greenish tint in your stools. The ingredients of this remedy make the stones expel out of your body. So, these green stones are actually gallstones that your body has released due to this diet and drinking regime. You will feel better after this.
Note: If you have any chronic illness or bowel disorder, do consult your doctor before trying this remedy out.
Some common side effects of drinking apple juice for gallstones removal can be:
Some health benefits of apple juice:
- Aids weight loss as it is believed to increase the feeling of fullness which lets you eat fewer calories eating you to shed weight.
- It reduces blood triglycerides, cholesterol other factors triggering heart related fluctuations in human beings and reduce the risk of heart diseases as it keeps cholesterol and heart disease risk factors under check.
- When consumed as per instructions and allowed dosage apple juice can have a good effect on your skin due to its antimicrobial properties. It could help improve your skin problems and result in glowing, healthier skin.
- Apple juice helps in managing diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels after meals. It shows improvement in insulin sensitivity that could shoot up or really go down post your meals if you have diabetes problems.
- Apple juice also contains vinegar which is often used as a food preservative because the acetic acid in it has properties that could kill harmful bacteria or prevent them from multiplying. History says that it is used as a disinfectant and natural preservative for a long time.
- The strong flavor and smell of acetic acid present in Apple Cider Vinegar are responsible for its health benefits. It has a very small amount of potassium, amino acids and antioxidants that are really good for your stomach health and overall body health. (Also read: How to use ACV for Weight Loss)
Things to remember
Undoubtedly there are many natural and home remedies available to soften gallstones and help them excrete out of the body without much difficulty. But we should stick to the notion that “Prevention is better than cure” any day. We should know that our bladder’s health depends a lot on our lifestyle and choices. You should eat more fiber because that helps in preventing gallstones. More vegetables and healthy fibers like beans and whole grains are some forms of fiber that you could intake to avoid the formation of gallstones in the first place. You should resort to olive oil and some other oil that will help you have healthy fats. Avoid eating fried foods and unhealthy fats. Sugar consumption should be reduced and you should not consume refined carbs like white bread etc.
You should also make it a point to engage in physical activity regularly to maintain a healthy weight and reduce your cholesterol levels. A 30 minutes’ walk per day for 5 days a week can be a good way to stick to a moderate exercise routine. Although it is not possible that you could totally avoid the risk of forming and developing gallstones but a holistic lifestyle and a positive approach towards maintaining a healthy lifestyle can definitely avoid the chances of gallbladder stones and gallbladder diseases to a great extent.
When you consult a doctor for gallstones problem, they conduct a diagnosis to find out the size of the stone. Gallstones do not go away on their own especially if their size is big. Laparoscopic surgery is conducted to get rid of the gallbladder stone problem. If you have any queries related to gallstones or its treatment, you can write to us below or book an online consultation with our experts to know more.
Also read: Ayurvedic Treatment For Gallstones
Also read: Gallbladder Attack – Causes and Symptoms