Best Gallstone Treatment at Pristyn Care in Chandigarh
The lifestyle of Chandigarh has changed a lot. Authentic homemade food items have been replaced with fried foods. Not only eating habits but also lifestyle habits, including working out and maintaining a healthy body, have also been replaced by other activities which included minimal activity. These give rise to a lot of ailments, including gallstones. Another problem for people in Chandigarh is that there are only a few hospitals that use the appropriate tools and equipment for providing a cure for gallstones.
Based on the research on the prevalence of gallstones in Chandigarh, over 6-7% of people suffer from gallstones. The main reason contributing to the same is the high-cholesterol diet, thereby resulting in increased susceptibility among the total population. Any patient may feel sudden or rapid pain in the upper right portion of your abdomen or at the center of the abdomen. Pristyn Care is one such name in the healthcare sector which is using the latest laparoscopic technique for treating gallstones. Our doctors are experts in providing laparoscopic surgeries for not only gallstones but also hernia, hysterectomy, weight loss, small intestinal as well as large intestinal disorders.
Most advanced Gallstone treatment in Chandigarh at Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care is now in Chandigarh. We at Pristyn Care believe that patient experience matters the most. We deliver a seamless surgical experience to patients. We are taking care of our patients with minimally-invasive treatments at Pristyn Care. Our treatments are daycare, performed under 45-90 minutes. Also, the treatments deliver long-lasting results and are performed by the best doctors at Pristyn Care in Chandigarh. Our treatments heal faster and you can continue your routine after 3-4 days with certain precautions.
Pristyn Care Chandigarh promises you to provide hassle-free treatment by ensuring round-the-clock support through their medical coordinators. With our painless procedures, patients are discharged within a day ensured with fast recovery and no recurrences. Our surgeons rely on the laparoscopic technology as well as USFDA approved laser technologies that involve minimum incisions.
Highly Experienced Gallstone Surgeon in Chandigarh At Your Service
When you choose to get treated by us, we ensure that you are treated by the most qualified surgeons. The team of surgeons is medically qualified and registered to perform gallbladder surgery. Moreover, they also provide post-operative instructions to follow after the surgery so that you can recover fast and without any complications. The expert surgeons are highly-experienced, capable of performing surgeries with high-precision and technologically advanced equipment.
Dr. Varun Gupta
Dr. Gupta is a general surgeon who specializes in using the laparoscopic technique. In Chandigarh, he is also a reputed Proctologist, and Laser Circumcision specialist. With an overall experience of 14 years, you can consult with him at any one of our clinics in Chandigarh. Speaking about his medical qualifications, he graduated in 2006 completing his MBBS from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital. In 2011, he completed DNB-General Surgery from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. Following this, he completed his MNAMS in General Surgery from Member National Academy of Medical Sciences in 2014.
How Pristyn Care Is Associated With Top Hospitals In Chandigarh?
In Chandigarh, we work in association with some of the super-specialty clinics and hospitals such as-
- Grecian Hospital
- Osmed Hospital
- ARV Hospital
- Mukat Hospital
The hospitals follow every precaution to ensure a safe and secure patient journey against COVID-19. Also, these hospitals have fully-equipped clinics and consultation rooms where the patients are diagnosed properly. Furthermore, they also have a team of specialized hospital personnel who take extreme care of every patient.
Why Laparoscopic Gallstone Surgery is Better Than Others?
The laparoscopic technique is one of the medical procedures that is performed with minimum cuts or incisions. Hence, these are also known as Minimally Invasive Surgery. This medically advanced technology offers the following advantages that other treatment options such as gallbladder cleanse, etc fail to provide-
- Guarantees minimum bleeding during the procedures
- Minimum cuts or incisions, also known as ‘keyholes’, are made
- Painless procedure is performed under the influence of anesthesia
- Performed on an outpatient basis
- The chances of infections or complications are reduced to nil
- Recovery is much faster and smoother as compared to others
Nearest Clinic for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy In Chandigarh
Residents of nearby locations like Dariya, Dhakoli, Dhanas, Chandi Mandir, Baltana, Jujhar Nagar, Kansal, Maloya, Nayagaon, Mullanpur, Kishangarh, Zirakpur, Sector 18 C, Sunny Enclave, Industrial Area, Sector 27 A, Sector 20 A, Sector30 A, Sector 19 D, Sector 19 B, Sector 27 B, Sector 22 c, Sector 1, Sector 34 B, Sector 8, Sector 17 B, Sector 17 c, Sector 22 c, Sector 9 c, Sector 21 B, Sector 23 C, Sector 23 B, Sector 7 C, Sector 8 C, Sector 17 H, Sector 35 A, Sector 35 B, etc. can easily reach any of our clinics for an initial consultation.
In addition to the above localities, Pristyn Care clinics are also operational in some of the major locations near Chandigarh like Ludhiana, Haryana, Saharanpur, Karnal, Jalandhar, etc.
How To Book an Appointment with the Best Treatment Center in Chandigarh?
Booking an appointment is easy. In case you are looking for a consultation with any of our experienced surgeons, you can try the following ways-
- Give us a call at the above-mentioned number and speak with any of the medical coordinators in detail with them regarding the query that has been troubling you.
- Fill in the details of the patient into the Appointment form and let the medical coordinator get back to you at the earliest.
- Select the ‘Book Appointment’ option and complete the form with the contact details of the patient and wait for our medical coordinators to get back to you.
How do gallstones form?
A gallstone is a stone that forms inside the gallbladder due to precipitated bile components. The presence of gallstones is called cholelithiasis. The common reasons for gallbladder stone formation are:
- Bile containing too much cholesterol
- Bile containing excessive bilirubin
In all these cases, the excess cholesterol and bilirubin may start to crystallize and eventually turn into stones. Besides the above-mentioned reasons, there are two other factors that impact gallstone formation. The first one is the frequency and ability of the gallbladder contractions. If the contractions are incomplete and infrequent, the bladder won’t empty properly and cause the bile to become over concentrated. The second factor is the presence of proteins in the liver and bile that either promote or inhibit gallstone formation.
Initially, the size of these stones is equal to a grain of sand. However, it can grow quickly and become as large as a golf ball. Moreover, the gallbladder may contain one or multiple stones of smaller or equal size.
What are the different types of gallbladder stones?
Gallbladder stones are divided into three different types based on their composition. These types are explained below:
- Cholesterol Stones- It is the most common type of gallstone. Around 35% to 90% of stones present in gallstones are cholesterol stones. They can be light yellow, dark green, brown, or chalk white in color and have an oval shape. Usually, their size is between 2 to 3 cm long, but they can also grow larger if left untreated for a long time.
- Pigment Stones- This type of gallstone is composed primarily of bilirubin, which is an insoluble bilirubin pigment polymer, and calcium (calcium phosphate) salts present in the bile. Around 2% to 30% of stones present in the gallbladder are bilirubin or pigment stones. They are small and often dark in color.
- Mixed Stones- Also known as brown pigment stones, they are composed of 20-80% of cholesterol. The rest of the constituents can be calcium carbonate, palmitate phosphate, bilirubin, and other bile pigments, such as calcium bilirubinate, calcium palmitate, and calcium stearate. These types of stones usually form when the biliary tract gets infected.
All these three types of stones can be present in the gallbladder altogether or alone. But in each scenario, you will need proper treatment for them.
Why should gallbladder stones not be left untreated?
When left untreated, gallbladder stones can turn into a serious medical issue. If you don’t take a proactive approach for your health and consult a doctor to remove the stones, it can cause the following complications:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder(Cholecystitis)- When the stone gets stuck in the bladder, it will cause inflammation, severe pain, and fever.
- Blockage of the common bile duct- When the stones enter the bile duct and get stuck there, it causes infection in the bile duct, jaundice, and severe pain as well.
- Blockage in the pancreatic duct- Pancreas is connected to the bile duct directly. Hence, there is a high possibility that the stones can travel to the pancreatic duct as well. If this happens, it will cause inflammation in the pancreas (also known as pancreatitis). Due to the inflammation, you will experience intense and constant pain in the abdomen and may need immediate hospitalization.
- Gallbladder cancer- Frequent occurrences of gallstones can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer as well. Though it is rare, it is better that you seek proper treatment to reduce the chances of gallbladder cancer.
Ignoring gallbladder stones is not advisable under any circumstances. You should consult a doctor and discuss what you can do to get rid of the stones permanently.
Prevention of Gallbladder Stones
It is mostly our lifestyle that increases the risk of gallbladder stone formation. Therefore, you can prevent gallstones by making the following changes in your daily life:
- Do not skip meals- Try your best to stick with the usual meal times each day. Skipping meals can cause excess bile secretion and deposition.
- Lose weight slowly- Being overweight is a risk factor for gallstone development. So, if you are trying to lose weight, take things slow. Don’t push your body to its limits in order to lose weight as rapid weight loss can cause the liver to secrete extra cholesterol, which can further increase the risk of gallstones.
- Eat high-fiber foods- Foods that are rich in fiber ensure that the levels of bad cholesterol in the body are minimal. Furthermore, fiber keeps the digestive system moving and helps to flush out the bile from the body. Therefore, it is crucial that you add more fiber to your diet.
- Exercise regularly- It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to do an extensive workout, being physically active is enough. The less you move, the slower the digestion process will be. As a result, the bile won’t flush out correctly. Invest some time in exercising and leave the sedentary lifestyle behind.
- Take prescribed medications- People who are at high risk of developing gallstones due to heredity or other factors can take medicines to lower the risk of gallstone formation.
You can talk to a gallstone specialist to find out what else you can do to prevent gallstones.
Dietary Changes for Gallstones
The food items that you eat on a regular basis have a significant impact on the body. If you eat a healthy and balanced diet and combine it with physical activities, it can lower the risk of gallstone development to almost negligible.
According to experts, the ideal diet for gallstones consists of:
- Fiber-rich foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains, including brown rice, oats, whole wheat bread, etc.
- Fewer refined carbohydrates and less sugar.
- Healthy fats, such as fish oil and olive oil that helps to contract the gallbladder.
Along with knowing what foods to eat, you should also keep your cravings in check and avoid unhealthy fats, such as desserts and fried foods. Talk to your healthcare provider and ask them to make changes in your diet that will help you avoid gallstones and other health problems as well.