Get Painless Treatment for Sebaceous Cyst Treatment in Chandigarh
Sebaceous cysts are not usually life-threatening or cancerous tumors. However, if the cysts become infected, they can lead to sepsis and increase the chances of cancer as well. Besides that, these cysts also have an ugly appearance, which is apparently the most common reason for people to seek treatment.
If you want to get rid of sebaceous cysts in a quick and painless way, Pristyn Care is the right place. We leverage the safer techniques, i.e., conventional wide excision and minimal excision techniques for the removal of sebaceous cysts. The surgery is done on an outpatient basis and requires no hospitalization. The patient also recovers faster and there will be negligible chances left after the treatment. You can get in touch with Pristyn Care and consult our medical experts to learn more about the procedures and their benefits.
Highly Experienced & Trained Plastic Surgeons for Sebaceous Cyst Treatment
In Chandigarh, Pristyn Care houses certified, trained, and skilled plastic surgeons who have plenty of experience in diagnosing and treating conditions like sebaceous cysts. Our doctors are compassionate, caring, and trustworthy. They understand the patient’s needs and requirements and suggest the best treatment options.
Our surgeons do their best to streamline the entire treatment journey and provide optimal care to the patients. Once the cyst is excised and you get discharged, our surgeons will also provide a detailed recovery guide so that you heal faster. During the entire recovery phase, our doctors will also be available for consultation and follow-up.
Choose Pristyn Care to Get Sebaceous Cyst Treatment in Chandigarh
Pristyn Care is focused on simplifying the surgical experience for the patients. We offer comprehensive and personalized care that is beneficial for the patients in every way.
- We offer a free cab facility so that the patient can travel easily on the day of surgery.
- We provide free follow-ups and consultations without any additional charges.
- We offer multiple payment options and finance options, such as cashless payment, zero-cost EMI, etc.
- Our surgeons also provide post-operative care and recovery tips to ensure that patient’s recovery is smooth.
- We provide complete assistance for insurance-related paperwork to patients.
- Our care buddy also handles the hospital admission and discharge process.
- Our medical centers in Chandigarh also follow the safety protocols laid down for protection against the spread of coronavirus.
Book an Appointment with Pristyn Care & Visit the Nearest Medical Center
You can visit any of our clinics or associated hospitals in Chandigarh by booking a prior appointment. To book an appointment, you can either give us a call or fill the appointment form. We will provide you information about our doctors who are available at the earliest for consultation. You can pick a doctor of your choice who is available at the nearest center and visit the center at your convenience. You can also choose to consult with the doctor through online consultation mode. This will further make everything easier for the patients and they can seek expert help from the comfort of their homes.
Sebaceous Cyst Vs. Epidermoid Cyst
A sebaceous cyst is commonly found on the face, neck, and torso. It usually forms when the sebaceous glands are damaged or traumatized due to cuts, injuries, or surgical wounds. It is a non-cancerous and slow-growing cyst that may cause pain or put pressure on the area.
Unlike a sebaceous cyst, an epidermoid cyst is a slow-growing benign cyst that is commonly found on the face, neck, head, and genitals. It appears when keratin starts to build up under the skin. The epidermoid cyst has a skin-colored, tanned, or yellowish appearance and is filled with thick material. An epidermoid cyst may become swollen or red if it gets inflamed or infected.
How to prepare for sebaceous cyst removal?
To prepare your body for a surgical procedure, the doctor will first ask you to get tested properly. These tests will evaluate your overall health and help the doctor to determine what precautions need to be taken during sebaceous cyst removal.
Other than tests, the doctor may ask the following things to prepare you for the surgery:
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not try to press or pop the cyst.
- Do not eat anything 8 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing makeup on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes that you can change easily before and after the procedure.
- Keep your insurance papers ready prior to admission to the hospital.
Besides these, no further preparations are required for sebaceous cyst removal surgery. The anesthetist will also ask if you have an allergy to some foods or compounds to determine what type of anesthesia will be appropriate to use. Standard tests, like liver function tests, blood tests, blood pressure examinations, etc. will also be performed right before the surgery.
Sebaceous Cyst Surgery Recovery Time & Tips
As sebaceous cyst excision is not a major surgery, the patient recovers quickly without any complications. The complete recovery time after sebaceous cyst surgery is 2-3 weeks and that too if the cyst was infected or very large. After a small-sized cyst excision, the patient may resume work within 24 hours of treatment.
On the day of surgery, you will be asked to take complete rest as the body will still have the lingering effects from anesthesia. Here are some tips that you should follow during the recovery phase to get back to your daily routine as soon as possible:
- Keep the wound covered with a dry bandage. There may be some drainage from the wound for a couple of days. So, you’ll have to change the bandages frequently.
- If gauze is placed over the wound, you may have to get it removed after some time. Or the doctor will tell you how to remove the gauze yourself.
- If oral antibiotics or pain medications are prescribed by the doctor, make sure that you take the medicines as directed.
- Do not push your body to its limits. In the initial days, the body itself will tell you when to resume a specific activity.
- There will be no restrictions on diet. But it will be better if you eat a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fiber and water content.
- Take follow-ups with the doctor after the first week and then as suggested to monitor the recovery and identify complications (if any) before they become serious.
You can contact the doctor for help at any time during the recovery as well.