When is medical abortion not an option?
Medical abortion is not an option if:
- You do not have regular/emergency access to your doctor and cannot do follow-ups.
- Your weeks in pregnancy are more than 8-9 weeks.
- You have an ectopic pregnancy (a type of pregnancy where the fetus develops outside the uterus).
- You have molar pregnancy (a type of pregnancy where the male and female eggs fertilize incorrectly and develop into a non-cancerous tumor instead of a healthy baby).
- You have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- You have a blood clotting disorder (coagulation disorder)
- You are allergic to the medicines used.
Which is better- abortion by medicine or abortion by surgery?
Both medical and surgical abortions are safe ways to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. However, which is best for who, varies from case to case and primarily on your type and weeks in pregnancy, general health, and personal choices. Therefore, to know what would work best for you, discuss individually with your OBGYN.
However, standard differences between both are as follows:
- Can only be done until 8-9 weeks
- Cannot be done in ectopic or molar pregnancies
- Simple, non-invasive, and very similar to a natural miscarriage.
- Slower and longer way of passing the pregnancy. May take 5-7/ 7-10 days to fully abort.
- May require 15-20 days of rest before resuming office
- More intense cramping and bleeding
- Can be done until 20 weeks* [consult our doctors to know more]
- Can be done in either case
- Slightly invasive 20-30 minutes surgical procedure
- Terminates pregnancy immediately.
- Mild bleeding and cramping
- May resume work within 1 week.
How to contact Pristyn Care for medical abortion?
You can either call us directly/ fill our ‘book my appointment form’ on this page. It has just 4 basic columns- ‘name’, ‘age’, ‘disease’ and ‘city’. Please fill this and click ‘submit’.
As soon as we receive your call or appointment form, our medical coordinator will explain all the steps and help you book an appointment both online/ offline.
(Rest assured the details you share are never disclosed to a third party. They remain only between you, your medical coordinator, and your doctor. We provide 100% privacy and confidentiality.)
Why choose Pristyn Care for medical abortion?
Choose Pristyn Care, simply because you can depend on us. We take care of everything end-to-end.
- We are associated with multiple registered MTP Clinics and hospitals
- You can choose the one more convenient too.
- Our OBGYNs are licensed under MTP and bear specialized experience of more than 7-10 years.
- We ensure 100% privacy throughout the procedure and after. No part of your information is ever disclosed to anyone without your consent.
- Our facilities follow the strictest of COVID safety guidelines and cleanliness. So your safety is never compromised.
- We perform surgical abortions as a daycare procedure on an outpatient basis and so hospital stay is not necessary.
- We offer 1 free follow-up in the first week to ensure you are okay and recovering well.