Get Best-in-Class Treatment for Lipoma in Chandigarh with Pristyn Care
Many people decide to leave lipoma untreated. However, not everyone gets lucky with the decision. Some people face difficulty due to lipoma once it starts to compress the nerves. If this happens, you can get in touch with Pristyn Care and we will connect you with a lipoma surgery expert in Chandigarh.
When the fatty tissue lump starts to bother, the doctors determine the most appropriate treatment method depending on various factors, such as the size of lipoma, number of tumors, personal history of skin cancer, family history of skin cancer, and whether the lipoma is painful or not. Once our doctors diagnose your condition, they will suggest the best course of action for the treatment of lipoma. If you are concerned about the lump and want to get it removed in a painless and scarless way, contact Pristyn Care today and explore your treatment options.
Pristyn Care Houses Well Trained & Experienced Surgeons in Chandigarh
We have a dedicated team of plastic surgeons who are certified and have ample experience in performing lipoma removal surgery with maximum safety. Our doctors pay special attention to each patient to ensure that they get optimal care without any compromise. From diagnosis to surgery, our medical coordinators will also be available for assistance at every step. Our medical and non-medical staff work together to make the whole treatment journey comfortable.
Our doctors understand that no one would like to keep a lump that can affect their aesthetic appeal. And people would be more reluctant to treatment if the surgery leaves a huge scar on their body. Hence, our doctors combine liposuction and excision techniques to remove lipoma in a painless and minimal scarrinng way. Our surgeons are specially trained to perform minimally invasive surgery and help patients get rid of lipoma permanently. Along with surgical treatment, our doctors also provide post-surgery care tips and a recovery plan so that the patient can take all necessary precautions and recover quickly.
Lipoma Treatment at a Reasonable Price in Chandigarh
Pristyn Care knows that most people look for cost-effective treatment regardless of the disease. That’s why we provide lipoma surgery at a reasonable price in the range of Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 45,000. The actual cost of treatment varies from patient to patient as there are many factors that affect the final cost. Some of the key factors that impact the cost are:
- Size and number of lipomas
- Severity and pain
- Doctor’s consultation fee
- Technique used for lipoma removal
- Hospital charges
- Medication fee
- Travel expenses
After accounting for all these factors, the cost usually goes high. But at Pristyn Care, we provide services that can save the additional expense on the patient’s behalf. Such services include free doctor consultation, cab service on the day of surgery, multiple payment options, insurance cover, free post-surgery follow-ups, etc. You can talk to our medical coordinators and learn more about our services.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.
What are the side effects of lipoma removal surgery?
Though the lipoma removal procedure is safe and minimally invasive, there are still possibilities that you will experience some side effects from the surgery. The common side effects include:
- Bruising- Immediately after the surgery, there will be bruises around the site from where the fatty lump is removed.
- Swelling- The swelling in the region where the lump existed will be swollen for a week or so. The swelling will subside gradually as the wound heals.
- Infection- There is a possibility that the internal organs may come in contact with external contaminants and cause infection. Even the wound can get infected if it gets wet.
- Injury to the Nearby Structures- In some situations, it is possible that lipoma is present directly over an organ. Hence, during the surgery, the nerves, tissues, or the organ itself may get damaged during the procedure.
- Hematoma Formation- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is blood clot formation. If the wall of a blood vessel is injured during lipoma removal, blood clots may start to form outside the vessel into the surrounding tissue.
- Excessive Scarring- In rare instances, lipoma treatment may leave major scars on the body. It usually happens when the size of lipoma is big and its removal is difficult.
- Seroma- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is the collection of fluid, i.e., blood plasma and inflammatory fluid that is produced by the injured cells. Early or improper removal of stitches can also cause seroma sometimes.
Recovery Tips After Lipoma Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, you will be asked to take complete bed rest for at least 24 hours. The doctor will also prescribe some pain medicine and NSAIDs to reduce your pain, swelling, fever, and also minimize the chances of infection. Before discharge, the doctor will prepare a complete recovery guide that will include self-care tips, precautions, dos, and don’ts as well.
- Do not let the incisions get wet. Avoid taking baths or getting in hot tubs for at least 4 weeks.
- Wash the incision with soap and warm water. Dry the wound and put on new clean bandages. This will prevent the wound from getting infected.
- Apply ice over the wound for the next few days after surgery to reduce the swelling.
- Do not indulge in physical activities, especially lifting heavy weights as they can tear up the stitches.
- Avoid driving for the next few days until approved by the doctor.
- Eat a normal diet that consists of healthy and nutritious items, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you notice some signs of post-surgery complications, such as excessive bleeding from the wound, persistent swelling, nausea, vomiting, high fever, etc., contact your healthcare provider right away.
How to prevent lipomas?
Generally, lipoma prevention is not possible as it usually occurs due to inherited conditions. They are passed down in families through genes. Therefore, it is almost impossible to prevent them.
However, in one condition, you may be able to prevent lipomas from developing. This is applicable when lipomas are caused by Madelung’s disease. You can prevent the fatty lumps from growing by limiting your alcohol intake.
You can discuss other plausible methods to prevent lipomas with a lipoma specialist in Chandigarh.