Get the Safest Abortion (MTP) in Chandigarh
Abortions/ Termination of pregnancies carried out outside of healthcare facilities and without any medical supervision are considered as unsafe abortions. Due to the absence of medical expertise, these abortions have a high risk of complications associated with them. This is the reason why millions of women visit emergency rooms for abortion-related problems. Unsafe abortions are the major contributor to women’s deaths in India. According to statistics, dangerous abortions are associated with the death of 13 women everyday in India.
Therefore, it is extremely important that couples willing to undergo abortions seek proper medical advice for the procedure. Pristyn Care offers the safest and most advanced procedures for pregnancy termination in Chandigarh. The success rate of these procedures is very high and these have minimal risk of complications associated with them. Get in touch with us to consult the best gynecologists in Chandigarh for safe abortion (MTP). We assure you that it will be completely safe for you.
What Is The Need For Abortion (MTP)?
Medical termination of pregnancy is a safe method for abortions performed only by skilled gynecologists. Many women and couples choose to go through MTP as a personal choice. Women may choose to undergo abortions if the pregnancy is unplanned, unsupported or if the family is unable to bear the financial and other responsibilities associated with bringing a child into the world.
In some cases, women decide to go for abortions if the pregnancy is harmful for their health. This happens if the woman has diabetes, hypertension, obesity or other medical conditions like ectopic pregnancy (a condition in which the fetus grows inside the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus). Continuing the pregnancy in such cases can have adverse effects on the woman’s reproductive health and can even threaten the woman’s life. Therefore, abortion becomes a necessity in such cases.
Legal aspects of MTP include the following:
- No Parental / Spousal Consent Required
- MTP Act also covers single unmarried adult women
- Abortions are legal up to 20 weeks of pregnancy
Highly Experienced Doctors For Safe Abortion In Chandigarh
Pristyn Care constantly puts in a lot of efforts to collaborate with the best specialist doctors across the country. Pristyn Care is associated with the well-trained and highly qualified gynecologists in Chandigarh. The gynecologists are comfortable with the use of modern techniques and are highly experienced as well. Also, Pristyn Care doctors attend each patient very courteously, you can easily open up to our doctors without holding back. The transparency of communication will help the doctor in understanding your condition and determining the best suited treatment.
How Pristyn Care is associated with the best hospitals in Chandigarh?
Pristyn Care works in partnership with the best-reputed super speciality hospitals in Chandigarh. Pristyn Care partner hospitals are fully equipped with the most modern technologies and have the best infrastructure facilities. The entire team of doctors and the other support staff at Pristyn Care hospitals are very professional. Our partnerships with such well-known hospitals allow us to fulfill our motive of providing a seamless medical experience to all our patients. Additionally, the hospitals are well-maintained and follow all the necessary COVID-safety protocols. The hospitals as well as all the equipment are sanitized from time to time and we ensure a safe and complication-free treatment for all patients.
Why Is Medically Safe Abortion A Better Option?
According to a WHO report, 45% of the abortions in developing countries are not carried out in a medically safe way. As a result, millions of women have to face the repercussions of the unsafe procedures and in many cases, the complications pose a great risk to the female’s life.
Some of the common complications associated with unsafe abortions are listed below:
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Cuts in the cervix
- Perforation of the uterus
- Renal failure (impaired functioning of the kidneys)
- Hepatic failure (damage to the liver and consequent impaired functioning)
- Severe inflammation in the abdomen
To avoid any of these serious complications, it is advisable to consult a qualified medical professional for the abortion procedure. A safe abortion will ensure a healthy life for both the female and the future offsprings.
Why To Choose Pristyn Care For Safe Abortion?
Pristyn Care is one of the fastest growing healthcare chains in India. The team at Pristyn Care is dedicated towards ensuring a safe, reliable and seamless medical experience for all the patients. We have a team of the best doctors around the country and all our treatment centres are equipped with state-of-the-art techniques.
Here are the other benefits of choosing Pristyn Care for an absolutely safe abortion:
- All legal aspects and paper-work taken care by Pristyn Care team
- Best medical services at low costs
- Experienced & Certified gynecologist and Clinics under MTP Act
- 100% assurance of privacy and Confidentiality
- Seamless Experience
- Free follow-up
Experienced And Skilled Gynecologists For Medically Safe Abortion
Pristyn Care houses experienced gynecologists who have a marvelous track record in performing complication-free abortions. Pristyn Care gynecologists do not rush into the procedures. Rather, they discuss the entire case at length and then recommend the most appropriate procedure of terminating the pregnancy. Our gynecologists carry out the abortion procedure only after clearing all the doubts and queries of the patient. The doctors ensure that the patients find themselves in a safe and comforting environment wherein they can discuss the issue openly without any fears.
What Is The Estimated Cost Of Medically Safe Abortion?
The estimated cost of a medically safe abortion depends upon the following factors:
- The treatment centre you choose for undergoing abortion
- The mode of abortion that you undergo(Oral Medication/surgical)
- Any extra expenses mandatory at the treatment centre
The gynecologists of Pristyn Care offer the best and safest facilities for abortion at a very reasonable cost.
Nearest Clinics For Safe Abortion In Chandigarh
Pristyn Care has clinics for consultation regarding abortion in Sector 22 (Opolis Clinic) and Sector 6, Panchkula. These clinics are easily accessible to people residing in nearby locations like Sector 18 c, Sector 27 A, Sector 20 A,Sector30 A, Sector 19 D,Sector 19 B, Sector 27 B, Sector 22 c, Sector 1, Sector 34 B, Sector 8, Sector 17 B, Sector 17 c, Sector 22 c, Sector 9 c, Sector 21 B, Sector 23 C, Sector 23 B, Sector 7 C, Sector 8 C, Sector 17 H, Sector 35 A, Sector 35 B, etc. So if you live in Chandigarh and are looking for a reliable gynecologist to consult for MTP, book your appointment with a Pristyn Care gynecologist.
Nearest Cities To Best Clinic For Abortion In Chandigarh
Not just the people living in Chandigarh, but also the people residing in the nearby cities can undergo abortion at Pristyn Care. Pristyn Care also caters to patients from cities near Chandigarh such as Ludhiana, Haryana, Saharanpur, Karnal, Jalandhar, etc. So, people living in these locations can easily visit a Pristyn Care clinic without much hassle. To know anything and everything about medical termination of pregnancy, get in touch with your nearest Pristyn Care doctor now.
How To Book Appointment with the Best Treatment Center in Chandigarh?
For detailed consultation with our expert doctors to resolve any queries or concerns regarding abortion procedures in Chandigarh, you can visit your nearby Pristyn Care clinic by setting up an appointment online. You can book the appointment in Chandigarh by visiting Pristyn Care website or giving us a call on the number provided. Pristyn Care clinics in Chandigarh strictly follow COVID-19 preventive measures and guidelines. Thus, we ensure an entirely safe and seamless treatment journey for the patients
Preparation Before Surgical Abortion
Before a surgical abortion, your OB-GYN evaluates your past health, including the medicines you are taking. Apart from that, the OB-GYN may do the following:-
- Physical exam, including a pelvic exam to evaluate your health, how long you have been pregnant, the location as well as the health of the embryo or fetus.
- An ultrasound to confirm how far along and where the pregnancy is. Your OB-GYN will explain the procedure, possible complications, and when to call your doctor.
- You may also discuss your decision to have an abortion and your feelings about it. You could also discuss your plans for future pregnancies and birth control use.
Follow-up exam after a surgical abortion
A follow-up exam is done usually about 2 weeks after the surgical abortion. The exam may include the following:-
- A blood test to check for anemia
- A physical exam to check the condition of the cervix and the uterus
- A test to check for human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels
Apart from all the above, you may discuss the use of birth control. If birth control measures were started just after the abortion, the proper use of the method can be discussed again.
Also, you can ask all the questions that you have to your OB-GYN if you had an intrauterine device (IUD) inserted at the time of the surgical abortion.
Benefits of Surgical Termination of Pregnancy(STP)
Surgical abortion is considered the best method to terminate an unwanted pregnancy when MTP fails or pregnancy exceeds 9 weeks. Following are the best USPs if choosing surgical abortion:-
- Effective method 99% of surgical abortions are successful
- only about 1% of the women need a repeat procedure or other medical intervention for complete abortion.
- No risk of complications The risk of complications during or after a surgical abortion is almost zero. However, you must ensure that you choose an experienced and skilled ob-gynecologist for this procedure.
- Daycare procedure A surgical abortion is a daycare procedure where the patient doesn’t need to stay in the hospital. Usually, the doctor discharges the patient just after a few hours of the procedure.
- Precise procedure Surgical termination of pregnancy is a precise procedure. The surgical abortion hardly takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. This way to terminate the pregnancy is the best method for those who want to get rid of their unwanted pregnancies in just one day.
- Minimal bleeding As compared to Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP), surgical abortion involves minimal bleeding. If you are suffering from blood-related complications or are scared of bleeding, surgical abortion can be the best option for you.
- Quick recovery Most women return to their daily routine just after 1-2 days of their surgical abortion. After the surgical abortion, you may have cramps and light bleeding for a few days.
Also, to recover quickly, you should avoid sexual intercourse for at least 1 week, or longer as advised by your doctor. When you start having sexual intercourse again, make sure you use birth control and condom to prevent infection.
Care After Undergoing Surgical Abortion
After the surgical abortion, the OB-GYN will check your vital signs such as heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure to make sure that everything is normal.
After that, the OB-GYN checks the bleeding is not excessive and uterine contractions are normal. The OB-GYN also checks that the side effects from anesthesia are not causing problems.
The OB-GYN may also prescribe you certain medicines. This may include the following:-
- Antibiotics to prevent infection
- Medicines that cause uterine contractions to empty the uterus and reduce bleeding.
- The OB-GYN gives Rh immunoglobulin to all the women who have Rh-negative blood type as it prevents Rh sensitization after abortion.
- Pain medicines for pain and cramping caused by uterine contractions.
Apart from all that, the OB-GYN may also prescribe certain medicines to treat nausea and vomiting.
Care At Home After Surgical Abortion
After undergoing a surgical abortion, you should follow all the instructions given by your OB-GYN.
Also, you should talk to your doctor about what to expect at home after undergoing a surgical abortion.
You can follow these instructions:-
- You can return to your daily routine within 1-2 days of the surgical abortion.
- Avoid all strenuous physical activities for the first week of your abortion.
- Don’t have sexual intercourse for at least one week or longer as advised by your doctor.
- When you start your sexual intercourse, use birth control and condoms to prevent the risk of infection and unwanted pregnancy.
- Don’t rinse the vagina with fluids (douche) as it increases the risk of infections that can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease.
You may experience certain symptoms after undergoing a surgical abortion, including irregular bleeding, spotting, and/or cramping for the first 1-2 weeks. Some women may have cramping such as menstrual cramping for as long as 6 weeks.
When to visit your doctor after surgical abortion
If you experience any of the following symptoms or complications after undergoing a surgical abortion, you should immediately contact your OB-GYN and discuss your problems:-
- If heavy bleeding continues for more than 12 hours.
- If your bleeding is soaking more than two large pads in an hour, for 2 hours in a row.
- Passing clots that last for two or more hours.
- Signs of infections in your whole body include headache, muscle aches, dizziness, or a general feeling of illness.
- Excruciating pain in the belly is not relieved by pain medicine, rest, or heat.
- Hot flushes or fever of 100.4°F (38°C) or higher lasts more than 4 hours.
- Vomiting lasting more than 4-6 hours.
- Sudden belly swelling or increased heart rate.
- Swelling, redness, or pain in the genital region.
- Vaginal discharge that has increased in volume or smells bad.
Call your OB-GYN immediately if you have any of these symptoms after undergoing a surgical abortion:-
- Bleeding (not spotting) for longer than two weeks.
- New or unexplained symptoms may occur due to medicines you use in your treatment.
- No menstrual period within six weeks after the abortion.
- Signs and symptoms of depression. Hormonal changes after abortion may cause depression that requires proper treatment.