Get Most Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for Gallstones In Ahmedabad
The treatments available at Pristyn Care’s partner hospitals in Ahmedabad are daycare, performed under 45-90 minutes, and are United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approved. Moreover, treatments deliver long-lasting results and are performed by the best doctors at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad. The laparoscopic treatment guarantees faster healing and allows a patient to continue the routine after 3-4 days with certain precautions. Often several risks are associated with certain surgeries. However, modern treatments have fewer complications, maybe in extreme conditions. The treatments and surgeries performed by specialists at Pristyn Care are very safe, painless, or minimally invasive, known as daycare procedures, and offer faster recoveries.
Highly Experienced Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgeons In Ahmedabad
At Pristyn Care, you get treated by some of the best surgeons. Be rest assured, that you are in safe hands. In Ahmedabad, we are housing some of the most reputed and experienced gallbladder surgeons. They have years of experience and medical qualifications right up their sleeve that makes some of the most qualified individuals to perform the procedures. Each of our surgeons is specially-trained in utilizing the laparoscope technique to remove gallstones. They all possess a medical license and the necessary skills to ensure that the procedure is completed without any complications.
How Pristyn Care Is Associated With Top Hospitals In Ahmedabad?
We work in association with some of the best hospitals in Ahmedabad such as Livewell Hospital, Sannidhiya Hospital, Scarlet Hospital, Shivam hospital- Ahmedabad, Sumiran Hospital, Sunflower Women Hospital. The laparoscopic cholecystectomy is performed at the fully-equipped operating rooms of these partner-hospitals. The hospitals are supported by a team of dedicated workers who take utmost care of every patient visiting the hospital for surgery.
Why Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Surgery Is A Better Option?
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is one of the most popular treatments in Ahmedabad for the several advantages it offers:
- Laparoscopic surgery is minimally-invasive which means there are minimum cuts and incisions
- Less blood loss compared to conventional open surgery as incisions are small
- It is considered as a painless procedure as it is performed under the influence of anesthesia
- Patients are able to recover faster as smaller cuts ensure minimum blood loss makes it possible to recover faster
- Patients are back on their feet within a day
- Improved quality of life as there is no more pain
- The chances of the problem recurring are reduced to almost zero
Why Choose Gallstones Surgery from Pristyn Care?
We make sure that the end-to-end journey of a patient is as hassle-free as possible. Therefore, we help our patients with the following-
- Proper following of every safety protocol at every clinic and partner-hospital in Ahmedabad.
- Free cab arranged to pick up and drop patients off on the day of the surgery.
- Follow-up consultation arranged within 7 days of the procedure free of extra charge for every patient.
- Complete assistance by our team of medical coordinators in matters of insurance handling, necessary paperwork, arranging discounted rate of diagnostic tests.
- Our surgeons provide post-operative care and instructions to every patient for an easy recovery.
- We maintain complete transparency with our patients by accepting payments through online method.
What is the Cost of Laparoscopic Treatment of Gallstones in Ahmedabad?
The final cost of the laparoscopic gallbladder removal of the surgery is decided after careful consideration of the following factors-
- Charges of anesthesia
- Prices of medicines and surgical equipment
- Location of the hospital where the procedure is going to take place
- Type of gallstones that are going to be treated
- Hospitalization charges
- Charges of the surgeon
- Post-surgery follow-up consultation
- Type of technology used
You’ll be glad to know that several major health insurance plans in Ahmedabad provide coverage for the cost of gallstone surgery. Speak with the concerned authority of the medical insurance provider to know the extent of coverage (partial or whole), inclusion of hospital privileges, waiting time, etc. To know the estimated cost of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Ahmedabad, speak with any of our medical coordinators.
Nearest Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Clinic In Ahmedabad
In Ahmedabad, our clinics are accessible to people from Adraj, Ahmedabad Airport, Ahmedabad Cantonment, Ambli, Anand Nagar, Aslali, Bagodara, Bahlolpur, Bapunagar, Behrampura, Bhatta, Bholad, Bopal, Bavla, Bhadra, Chanakyapuri, Chaloda, Chandkheda, Changodar, Chekhla, CTM, D Colony, Delhi Chakla, Dariapur, Daxini Society, Detroj, Dhandhuka, Dholka, Dudheshwar, Ellis Bridge, Fedara, Gandhi Ashram, Geratpur, Ghatlodiya, Ghodasar, Gift City, Girdhar Nagar, Gokuldham, Gomtipur, Gurukul, Hathijan, Hajipur, Hansol, Isanpur, Jagatpur, Jalila, Janta Nagar, Jawahar Chowk, Jetalpur, Juhapura, Juna Wadaj, Kadi, Kali, Kalupur, Kankaria, Kathwada, Keshav Nagar, Khadia, Khanpur, Kheda, Khodiar Nagar, Koba, Khora Colony, Kudasan, Kuha, Laxmanoura, Lal Darwaza, Pethapur, Revdi Bazar, Rampura, Sabarmati, Sanathal, Sarfabad, Sarkhej, Satellite, Sector 101, Sector 102, Sector 104, Sector 105, Sector 109, Sector 115, Sector 118, Talod, Tavdipura, Teen Darwaja, Unali, Usmanpura, Vasna, Vastral, Vatva GIDC, Vincchiya, Vinzol, Virochan Nagar, etc. Book an appointment for a detailed consultation with our experienced gallstone surgeon.
Nearest Cities for Best Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery in Ahmedabad
For the consultation of gallstones with our surgeons in Ahmedabad, residents of nearby places of Ahmedabad such as Naroda, Sarkhej, Adalaj, Kalol, Dahegam, Sanand, Mahemdavad, Kheda, Gandhinagar, Dholka, Mahudha, Mansa, Kadi, Nadiad, Sojitra, Amadavad, Watuwa, Batwa, Wanch, Vehelal, Jetalpur, Satej, Uwarsad, Kanij, Sanand, Badarpur, Ghorasar, etc. can also book an appointment at our clinics in Ahmedabad can book an appointment with us.
How To Book an Appointment with the Best Treatment Center in Ahmedabad?
People can speak with our gallstone surgeons in Ahmedabad in two ways- online and offline.
For online consultation- You can book the same from the dropdown menu of ‘For Patients’ found at the top of the screen. Or, simply download the app and install it into your smartphones and accordingly, book an appointment.
For offline consultation- Give us a call at the above number and have a word with any of our medical coordinators who understand your condition and book an appointment at the nearest clinic.
Simply select the ‘Book Appointment’ option and fill the patient’s information into the contact form.
How do gallstones form?
A gallstone is a stone that forms inside the gallbladder due to precipitated bile components. The presence of gallstones is called cholelithiasis. The common reasons for gallbladder stone formation are:
- Bile containing too much cholesterol
- Bile containing excessive bilirubin
In all these cases, the excess cholesterol and bilirubin may start to crystallize and eventually turn into stones. Besides the above-mentioned reasons, there are two other factors that impact gallstone formation. The first one is the frequency and ability of the gallbladder contractions. If the contractions are incomplete and infrequent, the bladder won’t empty properly and cause the bile to become over concentrated. The second factor is the presence of proteins in the liver and bile that either promote or inhibit gallstone formation.
Initially, the size of these stones is equal to a grain of sand. However, it can grow quickly and become as large as a golf ball. Moreover, the gallbladder may contain one or multiple stones of smaller or equal size.
What are the different types of gallbladder stones?
Gallbladder stones are divided into three different types based on their composition. These types are explained below:
- Cholesterol Stones- It is the most common type of gallstone. Around 35% to 90% of stones present in gallstones are cholesterol stones. They can be light yellow, dark green, brown, or chalk white in color and have an oval shape. Usually, their size is between 2 to 3 cm long, but they can also grow larger if left untreated for a long time.
- Pigment Stones- This type of gallstone is composed primarily of bilirubin, which is an insoluble bilirubin pigment polymer, and calcium (calcium phosphate) salts present in the bile. Around 2% to 30% of stones present in the gallbladder are bilirubin or pigment stones. They are small and often dark in color.
- Mixed Stones- Also known as brown pigment stones, they are composed of 20-80% of cholesterol. The rest of the constituents can be calcium carbonate, palmitate phosphate, bilirubin, and other bile pigments, such as calcium bilirubinate, calcium palmitate, and calcium stearate. These types of stones usually form when the biliary tract gets infected.
All these three types of stones can be present in the gallbladder altogether or alone. But in each scenario, you will need proper treatment for them.
Why should gallbladder stones not be left untreated?
When left untreated, gallbladder stones can turn into a serious medical issue. If you don’t take a proactive approach for your health and consult a doctor to remove the stones, it can cause the following complications:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder(Cholecystitis)- When the stone gets stuck in the bladder, it will cause inflammation, severe pain, and fever.
- Blockage of the common bile duct- When the stones enter the bile duct and get stuck there, it causes infection in the bile duct, jaundice, and severe pain as well.
- Blockage in the pancreatic duct- Pancreas is connected to the bile duct directly. Hence, there is a high possibility that the stones can travel to the pancreatic duct as well. If this happens, it will cause inflammation in the pancreas (also known as pancreatitis). Due to the inflammation, you will experience intense and constant pain in the abdomen and may need immediate hospitalization.
- Gallbladder cancer- Frequent occurrences of gallstones can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer as well. Though it is rare, it is better that you seek proper treatment to reduce the chances of gallbladder cancer.
Ignoring gallbladder stones is not advisable under any circumstances. You should consult a doctor and discuss what you can do to get rid of the stones permanently.
Prevention of Gallbladder Stones
It is mostly our lifestyle that increases the risk of gallbladder stone formation. Therefore, you can prevent gallstones by making the following changes in your daily life:
- Do not skip meals- Try your best to stick with the usual meal times each day. Skipping meals can cause excess bile secretion and deposition.
- Lose weight slowly- Being overweight is a risk factor for gallstone development. So, if you are trying to lose weight, take things slow. Don’t push your body to its limits in order to lose weight as rapid weight loss can cause the liver to secrete extra cholesterol, which can further increase the risk of gallstones.
- Eat high-fiber foods- Foods that are rich in fiber ensure that the levels of bad cholesterol in the body are minimal. Furthermore, fiber keeps the digestive system moving and helps to flush out the bile from the body. Therefore, it is crucial that you add more fiber to your diet.
- Exercise regularly- It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to do an extensive workout, being physically active is enough. The less you move, the slower the digestion process will be. As a result, the bile won’t flush out correctly. Invest some time in exercising and leave the sedentary lifestyle behind.
- Take prescribed medications- People who are at high risk of developing gallstones due to heredity or other factors can take medicines to lower the risk of gallstone formation.
You can talk to a gallstone specialist to find out what else you can do to prevent gallstones.
Dietary Changes for Gallstones
The food items that you eat on a regular basis have a significant impact on the body. If you eat a healthy and balanced diet and combine it with physical activities, it can lower the risk of gallstone development to almost negligible.
According to experts, the ideal diet for gallstones consists of:
- Fiber-rich foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains, including brown rice, oats, whole wheat bread, etc.
- Fewer refined carbohydrates and less sugar.
- Healthy fats, such as fish oil and olive oil that helps to contract the gallbladder.
Along with knowing what foods to eat, you should also keep your cravings in check and avoid unhealthy fats, such as desserts and fried foods. Talk to your healthcare provider and ask them to make changes in your diet that will help you avoid gallstones and other health problems as well.