How to prepare for the ESWL procedure?
Your doctor or healthcare institute generally provides instructions before the ESWL procedure to help your prepare for the surgery. Here is how you can prepare for your ESWL surgery –
- Inform your urologist about any ongoing medications or health conditions before the ESWL surgery.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes to avoid discomfort around the surgical site.
- Stop smoking tobacco or anything else before the surgery.
- Inform your doctor about any allergies related to anesthesia.
- Do not eat or drink 8 to 9 hours prior to the surgery, as it can delay the effects of anesthesia.
What to expect after ESWL?
Since shockwave therapy for kidney stones break them into smaller fragments, you can expect to pass stone pieces in your urine for several days. Stone pieces may appear similar to sand, gravel, or dust. Some patients may experience pain while passing stone fragments (even tiny ones). The kidney stone specialists may prescribe several OTC medications and suggest dietary restrictions to help reduce the pain and ease the recovery process until the stone fragments are completely flushed out of the body.
Recovery after ESWL
Recovery is an essential aspect of surgery. The normal recovery time after the ESWL procedure usually takes a day, and the patient can resume work within two to three days after the surgery. Since there are no cuts and stitches, you can perform minimal physical activities that do not strain your lower body.
Benefits of ESWL surgery
ESWL being an advanced procedure, offers several benefits over conventional surgeries. Some of the benefits of extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy include the following –
- No cuts or stitches
- No bleeding
- Faster recovery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Outpatient procedure
- Resume daily activities within a week
Benefits of choosing Pristyn Care for ESWL procedure in Ahmedabad
Pristyn Care is a full-stack healthcare service provider that offers several benefits in terms of surgery experience and financial assistance. Our associated hospitals are equipped with the latest technology and modern infrastructure for a high success rate. Some of the benefits of choosing Pristyn Care for your ESWL procedure in Ahmedabad include –
- 15+ years of experienced urologists
- State-of-the-art facility
- Latest tools and equipment
- Personal care buddy
- Assistance with paperwork for Insurance approval
- Flexible payment options
- Free pick-up and drop facility on the day of ESWL surgery
- Free follow-up consultations after the surgery
- COVID-19 safe environment
Book an appointment with our experienced urologists for your ESWL treatment in Ahmedabad.
Here is how you can book an appointment with some of the best urologists in Ahmedabad through Pristyn Care –
- Fill out the patient form on our website. A team of medical coordinators will reach out to you at the earliest to gather details from your end once the appointment form is submitted. The appointment will be subsequently fixed with the concerned urologist according to your schedule.
- Connect with our medical coordinators via the contact number on our website. A team of dedicated medical coordinators will gather inputs from your end and connect you with the kidney stones doctor near your area for your ESWL treatment and book your appointment consecutively.
- You can also book an appointment through our Pristyn Care app. Our medical coordinators will arrange an offline or online video consultation with the kidney stones specialist near your area.