Get the most advanced hydrocele treatment in Ahmedabad at Pristyn Care
A hydrocele is a condition that causes problems around the testicles. It occurs when the scrotum is filled with watery fluid and leads to the swelling. Though the condition is not painful, the patient may experience discomfort. Moreover, hydroceles are found to be common in newborn male infants but can also occur later in life at any age. If you are suffering from hydrocele or your kid is, make an appointment with the best doctor for hydrocele in Ahmedabad. It should also be kept in mind that, if a kid develops this problem, it is also an indication of hernia. Before it complicates, avail the best treatment of hydrocele in Ahmedabad.
For adults who have hydrocele or swelling near the scrotum, it could be a result of groin related injury. There are cases where inflammation in the testicles can also be the cause. It is known that hydroceles go away on their own. But, in some cases, it can persist for a longer duration. In kids, it may persist up to a year but go away eventually. Though leaving it untreated is not a safe option. You need to get the treatment of hydrocele in Ahmedabad as soon as possible. For a precise diagnosis and best hydrocele cure, you can get in touch with an expert hydrocele doctor at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad.
Benefits of going Advanced Hydrocelectomy at Pristyn Care
Patients suffering from hydrocele can opt for advanced hydrocelectomy at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad. Traditional methods have more chances of infection and have a longer recovery duration. There are a few benefits to undergo advanced hydrocele treatment than conventional methods:
- Small incisions are made during the surgery
- Fewer chances of infection at the surgical site
- Faster recovery duration
- No large cuts or wounds
- The surgery takes less OT time
- Almost painless surgical procedure
- Less discomfort during the healing process
- Daycare procedure
- Minimal chances of recurrence
Why Choose Pristyn Care for Hydrocele Treatment in Ahmedabad?
Pristyn Care is a multispeciality health provider. We offer the best suitable hydrocele treatment for patients suffering from hydrocele. The doctors provide world-class comprehensive treatment for hydrocele. A few of the additional benefits to choose Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad for hydrocele:
- We have a team of experienced urologists who are board-certified, highly qualified and perform advanced procedures.
- Advanced hydrocelectomy treatment for hydrocele is done through a minimally invasive approach.
- Hydrocele can be sensitive for patients undergoing treatment. We offer unmatched confidentiality and privacy throughout hydrocele treatment.
- We have an insurance approval team of experts who can assist you with all the paperwork for a medical claim.
- A dedicated care buddy is associated with the patient on the day of the surgery to assist in all the hospitalization paperwork from admission to discharge.
- Free transportation is provided to the patient on the surgery day for a pick-up and drop-off.
- A free follow-up consultation is provided to each patient to help the healing process post hydrocele surgery.
- A diet chart is also provided free of cost to make the recovery duration of the patient smoother.
Consult Experienced Doctors for Hydrocele at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad
Pristyn Care has the best in-house doctors and urologists for hydrocele treatment at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad. All the doctors are highly qualified and upskilled in performing modern treatments like hydrocelectomy. The advanced treatment has benefits as compared to traditional methods. Pristyn Care doctors use advanced and modern treatment to treat the condition by eliminating the maximum chances of recurrence at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad to patients suffering from hydrocele. Our doctors conduct thorough diagnoses with modern medical instruments to provide the further best suitable treatment. Consult the best hydrocele doctors for hydrocele treatment in Ahmedabad at Pristyn Care.
Book an appointment with Pristyn Care urologists for hydrocele treatment in Ahmedabad
Patients suffering from hydrocele can consult the best doctors and urologists in Ahmedabad. There are three easy ways to book an appointment at Pristyn Care for hydrocele surgery.
- Call the number mentioned on the page and speak to our medical coordinator to know details about hydrocele and it’s treatment.
- Fill in the form given on the page with the required details, and our medical coordinator will call you at the earliest to offer fine assistance regarding hydrocele condition.
- Pristyn Care also provides online consultation, you can see our doctors on our mobile application. Book a suitable doctor after seeing their given profile. Confirm the slot and talk to the doctor for the best consultation for hydrocele in Ahmedabad.
Pristyn Care is in Ahmedabad with advanced Hydrocele Treatment
If adults in Ahmedabad get the condition, they can wait for 6-8 months so it can cure on its own. It is not sure that the condition will go away within this duration as it may stay longer in elderly men. In case the swelling is not going away, surgery is the preferred treatment to cure hydrocele in Ahmedabad. Some cases encompass the drainage of fluid from the hydrocele using a fine needle. In others, surgery is performed under anesthesia and the patient is discharged within a couple of hours. The surgery involves a small incision for the surgical removal of hydrocele and a dressing is applied with support for the scrotum. The hydrocele doctors in Ahmedabad at Pristyn Care are capable of taking care of patients well and enable the patient to get back to the normal routine within a week.
Different Types of Hydrocele
Hydrocele is divided into the following types:
- Primary Hydrocele- In this type, the swelling is soft and nontender. It can grow very large in size as they are often asymptomatic. However, if left unattended, it may cause atrophy of the testis due to compression or obstruction of the blood supply.
- Secondary Hydrocele- The hydrocele that occurs due to a testicular disease is called secondary hydrocele. The cause can be cancer, hernia, orchitis, or any other kind of trauma. Secondary hydrocele is most commonly associated with acute or chronic epididymo-orchitis. It often goes away when the primary lesion is treated.
- Infantile hydrocele- This type of hydrocele has the tunica and processus vaginalis distended to the inguinal ring, but there is no direct connection of the hydrocele with the peritoneal cavity. It can occur in infants as well as adults.
- Congenital Hydrocele- It is a type of hydrocele that connects with the general peritoneal cavity. Though the communication is very small, there is still a possibility that the fluid may drain into the peritoneal cavity.
- Encysted hydrocele- In this type of hydrocele, there is a smooth oval swelling very close to the spermatic cord. Due to the swelling, many patients mistake it for inguinal hernia. It is also called spermatic cord hydrocele and has no communication with the peritoneal cavity.
- Funicular hydrocele- In funicular hydrocele, the sac has a direct communication with the peritoneum connecting it with the internal inguinal ring. However, no connection exists between the sac and tunica vaginalis. It can grow very large in size due to straining.
During initial diagnosis, the doctor will identify which type of hydrocele you have and narrow down the complications associated with the procedure. Then the doctor will start the treatment right away.
What complications can arise if hydrocele is left untreated?
Severe cases of hydrocele can cause serious complications. Some of the potential complications are listed below:
- If the size of the hydrocele continues growing, it can lead to obstruction in the blood flow. And when the blood flow is not proper in the testicles, it will further give rise to testicular atrophy causing degeneration of the testicular cells.
- Another complication that can arise if hydrocele is rupture. Due to the large volume of fluid accumulation in the scrotum, the hydrocele may rupture due to minimal spontaneous trauma.
- The hydrocele may transform into a haematocele if there is bleeding in the sac. And if the haematocele is not drained, a clotted haematocele will form as a result.
- Calcification of the sac is also a potential complication of leaving hydrocele untreated.
- The hydrocele may become infected during aspiration which will increase the swelling and inflammation.
- Infected hydroceles can also cause pyocele, accumulation of pus in the scrotum.
Normally, these complications can be identified during diagnosis before the treatment method is selected. All these complications are observed for at least 24-48 hours before proceeding with the treatment.
Foods to Avoid with Hydrocele
Many people don't know this, but the foods you eat on a regular basis can either improve the hydrocele symptoms or make them worse. Therefore, you should avoid the following foods to manage hydrocele symptoms:
- Processed Items- These foods contain excess salt and sugar and have fiber content.
- Preserved Foods- These foods are not good to eat because they have artificial preservatives and other chemicals.
- Junk Foods- It includes food items like pizza, burger, fries, etc. that are low in nutritional value. They can cause indigestion and hinder the bowel movements as well.
- Spicy and Heavy Foods- Minimize the spice intake as well if you have hydrocele. Excessive spices can upset the stomach and cause a lot of discomfort during bowel movements.
- Pickles and Caffeine- These food products are also not good for the body and should be strictly avoided.
All these food items have a direct impact on the digestion process and the individual has a hard time passing stools. This will put strain on the groin region and worsen the hydrocele symptoms.
Post Hydrocelectomy Care Plan
After you've had hydrocelectomy, the doctor will give you a detailed recovery plan to ensure that the wound heals quickly and you will be able to perform all activities without any difficulty.
The most common tips that are included in the post-surgery care plan are given below:
- Take complete bed rest immediately after the surgery for at least 1 day.
- Allow your body to heal at its own pace. Do not push yourself to perform an activity even if it hurts.
- Start taking small walks once you feel like you can.
- Make sure that you don't indulge into strenuous exercises that can strain or put pressure on the stitches.
- Refrain yourself from lifting heavy weights for at least 2-4 weeks until you recover completely.
- Post-surgery, you can eat your normal diet but make sure to stay away from oily, greasy, spicy, and processed food items as they can cause constipation and also slow down the healing process.
- Incorporate fiber-rich foods in your diet and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Pay special attention to the hygiene of the scrotal region and keep it clean and dry. Wash the wound with warm water and mild soap, then pat it dry.
- In the first 2 days, the doctor will ask you to avoid bathing. So, do not take a shower until the doctor gives you permission.
- Do not take baths in hot tubs and avoid swimming as well until the wound heals completely.
- Wear scrotal support or jockstrap for at least 1-2 weeks after hydrocele surgery. It will minimize the pressure in the scrotal region and allow you to perform regular activities without pain or discomfort.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes around the waist and groin area as they can irritate the scrotal region.
- Refrain from sexual activities as well until the doctor says it's fine.
When you follow the doctor's instructions properly, it becomes a lot easier to resume the daily activities and get back to the regular life after hydrocelectomy.
Prevention of Hydrocele
There is no assured way to prevent hydrocele in a baby. However, in adults, hydrocele usually occurs due to some infection, inflammation, or injury that can be avoided. Here are some preventative tips that will help:
- Proper prenatal care
- Try to avoid being injured, follow the safety & protection rules like wearing athletic cups or support while playing sports.
- Practice safe sex to reduce the chances of contracting sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Avoid pressure activities like horse riding that can put pressure on the scrotum.
- Treat cough properly as recurrent and chronic cough creates intra abdominal pressure and puts strain on the scrotum.
- Address constipation as soon as possible.
- Appropriate care should be taken to prevent hernia and if you already have it, get proper treatment to reduce the chances of hydrocele development.
In rare cases, hydrocele may also develop due to hereditary issues, such as a side effect of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Therefore, it is also important that you keep a watch on your health and take the necessary measures to prevent hydrocele.