Get the advanced treatment of Pilonidal sinus in Ahmedabad
Pristyn Care is now in Ahmedabad to provide a seamless surgical experience for patients of the pilonidal sinus. Our experts take care of patients and provide them the advanced laser-based treatments at Pristyn Care Clinic. The highly-qualified surgeons at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad perform surgery of pilonidal sinus or cyst with high-precision and advanced equipment. The patients get better faster than traditional surgeries as the procedure involves fewer and smaller cuts. Moreover, the treatments deliver long-lasting results and are performed by the best pilonidal sinus doctors at Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad. Laser treatments enable you to carry out your normal routine after 2-3 days with certain precautions.
It is seen that because of leading a sedentary lifestyle, pilonidal sinus has gotten more common in the young – adult age group and rare cases in people above the age of 40 years. Nearly 2-5% of the population in Ahmedabad is affected by this disease. Also, males are affected about 3 times more than females. It occurs in the lower part of the back region and usually affects young, hairy, overweight males who sweat a lot. Another reason for pilonidal sinus is sitting for long hours. If you have symptoms of pilonidal sinus or taking treatments already for discharge from anal region, but not feeling any better, schedule an appointment with the best pilonidal sinus doctor in Ahmedabad.
Now Ahmedabad has the most advanced laser clinic to cure pilonidal sinus
To understand the situation better, you can look out for common symptoms and identify the condition. The common symptoms are pain while sitting or standing or swelling of the cyst. A patient may also notice red, sore skin around the area. However, if you are a resident of Ahmedabad, you need not worry. You can visit Pristyn Care Clinic or make an appointment with the best pilonidal sinus doctor in Ahmedabad. Our highly skilled doctors perform daycare treatment for pilonidal sinus cure in Ahmedabad. The procedure is painless and offers faster recovery.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.