Advanced Daycare Procedure for Lipoma Treatment
Lipomas are non-cancerous lumps yet they can cause several complications, such as seroma, hematoma, hemorrhage, keloid, nerve injury, etc. To avoid these complications, most people opt for surgical treatment for lipoma. With the help of Pristyn Care, you can consult with the best doctors for lipoma removal and explore your treatment options.
At Pristyn Care, our doctors utilize lipoma excision and liposuction techniques, both of which are safe and effective. The combination of these techniques allows the surgeons to cure lipoma permanently with a more than 90% success rate. You only need to get in touch with us and we will handle all aspects of your treatment and make the entire journey comfortable and hassle-free for you.
Trust Pristyn Care’s Experienced Doctors in Ahmedabad for Lipoma Treatment
There is no doubt that the success of a surgical procedure mostly depends on the surgeon’s skills and experience. That’s why Pristyn Care has a team of dedicated medical professionals who have ample experience in performing lipoma removal surgery. Our plastic surgeons specialize in advanced liposuction and excision techniques and pay special attention to the patient’s needs.
Most people are afraid of having surgery because of the scars and aesthetic side effects. However, the method employed by our doctors is entirely painless and minimally invasive. Hence, you don’t need to worry about pain or scars on your body to get rid of lipoma. Once the fatty tissues are removed surgically, our doctors also provide care tips for a faster and smoother recovery.
Get Cost-Effective Treatment for Lipoma in Ahmedabad with Pristyn Care
Cost is another factor due to which most people delay getting proper treatment for lipoma even if it is causing pain. We try our best to make the treatment cost-effective and more accessible for everyone who needs it. The cost of lipoma treatment depends on various factors such as number, size, and location of the lump, doctor’s consultation, diagnostic tests, hospital charges, medications cost, travel expense, etc. All these factors will affect the final cost of treatment which will fluctuate and vary from one patient to another.
We provide services that can help to reduce the overall expense of lipoma treatment in Ahmedabad:
- Free consultation with doctors
- Discounts on diagnostic tests
- Free cab service on the day of surgery
- Insurance cover
- Multiple payment options
- Finance options, such as no-cost EMI and cashless payment
Apart from these services, the method of treatment is also painless which eliminates the need for pain medications after the surgery further reducing the expense. On average, lipoma removal surgery will cost you around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 45,000. You can get in touch with our medical coordinators and they will provide you an estimate of the treatment cost.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:
- Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.
What are the side effects of lipoma removal surgery?
Though the lipoma removal procedure is safe and minimally invasive, there are still possibilities that you will experience some side effects from the surgery. The common side effects include:
- Bruising- Immediately after the surgery, there will be bruises around the site from where the fatty lump is removed.
- Swelling- The swelling in the region where the lump existed will be swollen for a week or so. The swelling will subside gradually as the wound heals.
- Infection- There is a possibility that the internal organs may come in contact with external contaminants and cause infection. Even the wound can get infected if it gets wet.
- Injury to the Nearby Structures- In some situations, it is possible that lipoma is present directly over an organ. Hence, during the surgery, the nerves, tissues, or the organ itself may get damaged during the procedure.
- Hematoma Formation- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is blood clot formation. If the wall of a blood vessel is injured during lipoma removal, blood clots may start to form outside the vessel into the surrounding tissue.
- Excessive Scarring- In rare instances, lipoma treatment may leave major scars on the body. It usually happens when the size of lipoma is big and its removal is difficult.
- Seroma- Another side effect of lipoma surgery is the collection of fluid, i.e., blood plasma and inflammatory fluid that is produced by the injured cells. Early or improper removal of stitches can also cause seroma sometimes.
Recovery Tips After Lipoma Surgery
Immediately after the surgery, you will be asked to take complete bed rest for at least 24 hours. The doctor will also prescribe some pain medicine and NSAIDs to reduce your pain, swelling, fever, and also minimize the chances of infection. Before discharge, the doctor will prepare a complete recovery guide that will include self-care tips, precautions, dos, and don’ts as well.
- Do not let the incisions get wet. Avoid taking baths or getting in hot tubs for at least 4 weeks.
- Wash the incision with soap and warm water. Dry the wound and put on new clean bandages. This will prevent the wound from getting infected.
- Apply ice over the wound for the next few days after surgery to reduce the swelling.
- Do not indulge in physical activities, especially lifting heavy weights as they can tear up the stitches.
- Avoid driving for the next few days until approved by the doctor.
- Eat a normal diet that consists of healthy and nutritious items, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
If you notice some signs of post-surgery complications, such as excessive bleeding from the wound, persistent swelling, nausea, vomiting, high fever, etc., contact your healthcare provider right away.
How to prevent lipomas?
Generally, lipoma prevention is not possible as it usually occurs due to inherited conditions. They are passed down in families through genes. Therefore, it is almost impossible to prevent them.
However, in one condition, you may be able to prevent lipomas from developing. This is applicable when lipomas are caused by Madelung’s disease. You can prevent the fatty lumps from growing by limiting your alcohol intake.
You can discuss other plausible methods to prevent lipomas with a lipoma specialist in Ahmedabad .